Cute south Americans are rare in this world because of those damn diseases

Sometimes history is really painful.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1576_Cocoliztli_epidemic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think its odd that there weren't any disease the native americans carried that devastated europeans. The only bad one I can think of is Syphilis, but it wasn't apocalypse tier like Smallpox was

What airborne infectious diseases did the Natives carry, if any?

Plagues like what devastated the new world came about from domesticated animals and big cities being a factor in that development (lots of people and animals together).

I know that after the Spaniards came, a plague native to Mexico developed that both Natives and Whites were both equally susceptible to. If this had spread to Europe it could have drastically changed everything.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1576_Cocoliztli_epidemic

So which tribe has this red face paint thingy? Its really aesthetic.

I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure they're still around.

>you will never be captured and eaten by cannibal qts from the amazons

whoever they're eating, they must be pretty nutritious to get them this thicc

Saved.

I think its a Brazilian tribe I guess.

Nice looking vaginas. Also plus for no hair. Beautiful

MOAR

>yfw native americans are just jungle asians but more violent

Myanmar?

>Syphilis
Europe didn't have this pre 1500?

I honestly don't know if SA indians don't have pubic hair or if these ones are just prepubescent.

All humans get pubic hair, retard. They aren't prepubescent either. It's called shaving and plucking hair. Surely you aren't so fucking retarded as to think the modern era is the only time people decided to get rid of pubes or other body hair.

Thanks friendo!

all these women look disgusting. They probably smell like fish and human shit too.

It is also that the Old World was much larger (exposure to genes/bacteria from a wider range) and that the native population of the New World was not very genetically diverse -- they weren't "inbred" at all, they just all descended from a relatively small population. All of that contributed to a lower resistance to diseases.

Not that strain (at least that's the current thinking). Syphilis itself was probably present in the Old World -- I think there's some evidence of it in ancient Egyptian burials -- but nothing like so prevalent as it would become after contact.

bacteria and viruses*, I should have said

Damn, i wasnt expecting boners from Veeky Forums tonight.

Xingu. There are some historical things of interest in this region in recent archeology.

Well the Xingu mainly consume vegetables, fruits and fishmeat. They don't eat other animal meat I think for religious reasons.

wtf i fully understand the conquistadors now

obligatory for this thread.

Dude, chill