The "Three Caesars' Alliance" or League of the Three Emperors (German: Dreikaiserabkommen...

>The "Three Caesars' Alliance" or League of the Three Emperors (German: Dreikaiserabkommen, Russian: Coюз тpёх импepaтopoв) was an alliance between the German Empire, the Russian Empire and Austria-Hungary, from 1873 to 1887.

Why couldn't he listen?
Is the dissolution of this alliance the biggest geopolitical mistake, maybe after the bad dissolution of the Warsaw Pact and USSR costing Russia so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_the_Three_Emperors
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinsurance_Treaty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Alliance_(1879)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lemme just let France and Russia ally against us real quick xD

WHY
DIDN'T
HE
LISTEN

That picture is depressing

It's funny you had the most incompetent moncarchs being contemporaries with the most competent leftists

Almost as if one made room for/caused the other.

Didn't the alliance end when Bismarck was still chancellor?

Willy could've renewed it as it expired, and chose not to, and sent away the diplomats that came to negotiate.

It was also pretty stupid from Otto to bet on "everything will be fine, when I kick the bucket" instead of raising a good successor

Otto was fired from his job before he died.
Maybe he was going to raise a successor, but Willy sacked him first.

He was 28 years the Chancellor, he had enough time, I think that his gamble was a big mistake

Which led to giving Willy all power in WW 1 to Hindenburg and Ludendorf

>Why couldn't he listen?
The Russians ceased being interested in the alliance before Wihelm even took the the throne. Bismarck fucked the whole thing up by siding with Austria in the Balkans despite there being a caveat that if conflict came, the third power must be neutral.

Otto signed the Reinsurance Treaty with Russia, and after he was sacked it wasn't renewed, instead signing the Dual Alliance treaty with Austria.

Otto's first treaty with Russia:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_the_Three_Emperors
Otto's second treaty with Russia to do damage control due to Austrian sperging:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinsurance_Treaty
Post-Otto treaty with Austria in favor of Russia:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Alliance_(1879)

Otto = keep peace with Russia and use pan-slavism to keep them fighting so they never fully industrialize and are reliant on loans and german engineers.
Post-Otto = just fuck my shit up senpai, my daughter loves cossack cock, fighting on two fronts is my fetish.

>1879
>Post-Otto
You shut the fuck because you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Russia asked for a renewal of the Reinsurance Treaty in 1890, after Bismarck was gone.
Kaiser Wilhelm II refused over and over, instead preferring the Dual Alliance treaty.
Thus Bismarck situation = Reinsurance Treaty, after Bismarck it was rejected to support the Dual Alliance.

Capisce?

>instead preferring the Dual Alliance treaty
>after Bismarck it was rejected to support the Dual Alliance
But that's also incorrect.

Nigga I linked the wiki articles, read for 2 minutes.

>When in 1890 Russia asked for a renewal of the treaty, Germany refused persistently. Kaiser Wilhelm II believed his own personal relationship with Tsar Alexander III would be sufficient to ensure further genial diplomatic ties and felt that maintaining a close bond with Russia would act to the detriment of his aims to attract Britain into the German sphere.
This was Willy's retarded "if we have more boats, they will be our friends" tactic that started the naval race.

>Kaiser Wilhelm II believed his own personal relationship with Tsar Alexander III would be sufficient to ensure further genial diplomatic ties
You should have read yourself.

>Kaiser Willhelm was a fucking moron

I already know that. How does it contradict anything I wrote?

>instead preferring
>rejected to support
He didn't PREFER Austria. He just didn't think it was necessary.

>When in 1890 Russia asked for a renewal of the treaty, Germany refused persistently, because Willy believed in fairy tales.

He preferred Austria. He could've had treaties with both, but since he had to choose one, he chose Austria, and thought Russia will be friendly anyways.

>projecting personal narrative onto history
I'm out. It doesn't matter what is said, you're going to handwave it away. I sincerely suggest you pick up some academic reading on Fin die Siecle Germany. Rohl and Clark both have good books on Wilhelm II specifically. You can even read the Kaiser's memoirs yourself.

1. He had the option to conduct a treaty with Russia. This is a fact, the Russian diplomats requested a renewal.
2. This renewal would anger Austria, as we know from 1896 the treaty was exposed by a German newspaper, the Hamburger Nachrichten, which caused an outcry.

So he could have a treaty with Russia, but since this would anger Austria, he chose not to have it.
He preferred Austria over Russia. There is no personal narrative here, no projection, just reasonable reading of facts.
When Bismarck was faced with the same choice earlier, he chose to ally Austria in public, and ally Russia in secret, signing treaties with both. He was the better diplomat and the wiser man.

Your boy Willy was a moron.

>Why didn't Willy force Russia to keep signing the alliance paper with Germany and, specially, Austria-Hungary?
>Why was Willy so stupid? I mean like why didn't Willy sort of get the russians drunk, make them sign in and disregard the conflicts with AH in the Balkans lol.

That bird in his hat is so silly.