Why aren't Barbary Corsairs romanticized the same way Vikings are?

Why aren't Barbary Corsairs romanticized the same way Vikings are?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ward
theepochtimes.com/n3/1946376-exclusive-new-evidence-ancient-romans-may-have-made-it-to-oak-island-canada/
ibtimes.com/europe-discovered-when-native-americans-shipwrecked-holland-books-claim-698714
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Phoenician_discovery_of_the_Americas
etymonline.com/index.php?term=slave
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vikings colonized places, discovered America, became elite bodyguards for the Roman emperors...

You should be asking why the Barbary pirates aren't romanticized like the new world pirates are

Corsairs were the elite navy of the Ottoman empire. They had the original bearded captain, barbarossa.

Pirates didn't literally tear a captured woman limb from limb during a crazed breeding frenzy

Not making this up

they're not white

Some were

>tfw they will never make a movie about Jan Janszoon

there is nothing romantic with BBC

A lot of the famous ones were white.

exactly my point

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ward

I agree though, ultimately they are just brown muslims. It's why also the Japanese or Southeast Asian pirates aren't romanticised as well.

piracy happened all over the world, the vikings were notable in that they graduated to conquest and colonization and were the first to sail to the new world

lol snowniggas thinking they discovered America. Try again: theepochtimes.com/n3/1946376-exclusive-new-evidence-ancient-romans-may-have-made-it-to-oak-island-canada/

Corsairs are Muslims that liberals can't make excuses for, so they aren't talked about much. Only white people are allowed to be evil.

>the epochtimes
Kek

Fake news

Not an argument.

The Romans and Greeks also had longships way before the Vikiganz. I don't see why they couldn't reach the same place by navigating by coast like they did.

Other way around. Americans discovered Europe.
ibtimes.com/europe-discovered-when-native-americans-shipwrecked-holland-books-claim-698714

we wuz longboats

Yes.

no dragon head on the bow would not even consider sailing in it

there is a hell of alot difference betwen a tireme and a nordic longboat, fucking tard

Actually Phoenicians reached the new world first

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Phoenician_discovery_of_the_Americas

So what? It's still the first longship of it's kind. Vikangz didn't invent it. Romans and Byzantines also had more sophisticated longship designs than that one.

/thread

>You will never be a Barbary pirate

Feels bad man

don't let your dreams be dreams

Nordic longboats are more effective

> became elite bodyguards for the Roman emperors

Please give me a source for this. This is my first time hearing this, and it's so badass sounding.

>sophisticated longship designs than that one
could they navigate thro small rivers and on banks?

Because they were even more despicable, somehow.

Also, vikings were the last European pagans. Islam was huge back then, it's an underdog thing.

how the nordics, a people barely numbering 20 million, create so much rage, is beyond me

you guys sure are insecure

royal guard units made up of foreign slaves were all the rage my man

varangian guard

Stop posting those Greco-Egyptians plz. They aren't Latins.

White people think the ancient Greeks and Egyptians were white

He's talking about the Varangian guard, Norse personal bodyguards to the ERE

Maybe not white, but certainly not groid.

It's a meme. They were terrible bodyguards

sauce?

they had a habit of being loyal to the throne and not the emperor himself. if the emperor was murdered by a pretender, they didn't seek revenge on the pretender but instead hailed him as the new emperor

i doubt they were terrible bodyguards though, the emperors still used them for a long time

Balts were the last European pagans. They practiced until the 14th century.

>they had a habit of being loyal to the throne and not the emperor himself. if the emperor was murdered by a pretender, they didn't seek revenge on the pretender
cheeky bastards, i love my ancestors

At that point wasn't that roman tradition though?

They weren't kings.
They didn't fundamentally alter the Anglo psyche

They are.... by Muslims.

>discovered America
>who are Natives

I love that Harold Hardrada was a Varangian. Campaigning from Mesopotamia to England- what a life, for the 11th century.

I really wish he hadn't been caught off-guard at Stamford Bridge. England would've been better off with Hardraada than William the Bastard as King. At least Norse culture wasn't too different from Anglo-Saxon civilization and the Old English had Viking kings before.

>"""""roman""""" emperors

They should make a movie about him

They are a bit, at least among people who know about them.

Which no one does.

But they were quite cool.

Your image is literally an example of romantisation of them.

Do muzzles idolize them? That'd make sense.

>ibtimes.com/europe-discovered-when-native-americans-shipwrecked-holland-books-claim-698714

>The History Channel documentary attempts to turn history on its end by suggesting that the Chinese sailed a junk ship south around the Horn of Africa, then made landfall in America in 1421. The claim is backed during an interview with author and historian Gavin Menzies, who wrote the book 1421: The Year the Chinese Discovered America, and has extensive evidence that he says backs the claim that the Chinese reached America before the Europeans.
>1421
>Chinese reached America before the Europeans
>1421

Thanks, teach

> a reality TV show claims

aside from them both having a similar oval shape, longboats and trireme are completly different. you have to be retarded or trolling if you can't see the difference.
I doubt a roman or greek trireme could be as fast or navigate in as shallow water and rivers as the nords could

Because vikings went on to build the most successful societies in history envied by the entire world.

Because islamic rape culture is still a problem, while vikings are not.

Vikings are more popular than Barbary Corsairs because they are known as Vikings. Corsairs were still known as Ottomans.
Despite this, the Ottoman pirates still had more of an impact than the Vikings. The pirates worked under the government which gave them more power. This gave them the power to rule over big parts of land, mainly Northern Africa. However their effect was only good for the Ottomans, Europe's hatred for the Corsairs was huge.
This is due to the vast majority of European Navies converting to Islam and becoming pirates. Some examples are Jack Ward, Suleiman Reis, another Suleiman Reis, Simon de Danser. England even created a meme song named 'A Christian Turn'd Turk'. This was on par with the conversion of John Ward.

Another big reason Europe hated the Corsairs was because of the reverse slavery. Here you had dark pirates from Africa and lands of Arabia that enslaved white people from Britain and France.
Both parties do make good use navigation and their passion. Piri Reis was the first to draw a world map and draw the Americas. The Vikings also did similar things. Whether they were the first or not to discover America is not important. The fact that they discovered America afterwards as well is important. Vikings had the dream of entering Valhalla one day whilst the Muslims fought for the sake of Allah.

If I keep up my solid job I will invest in the creation of a TV show about Barbary Corsairs.

>reverse slavery

there is no such thing OP

Slavery wasn't racially based in ancient times, both whites and blacks could be enslaved.
Racism was even different back then, the greeks saw themselves as superior to even other euros, so did anglos.

Benjamin Franklin fucking hated german niggers ruining america

Yes there was, approximately 1 to 1.25 million white Christians were enslaved by Barbary Pirates. About half of these pirates were black.

>tiny dragonhead depicting average Nordic penis size
or
>turn the entire front of your ship into a mean looking head with angry eyes

I should think he means there is just slavery, "reverse slavery" isn't a thing.

reverse slavery would be someone willingly paying another to be his master

slavery is the forceful removal of freedom to ones self, it have nothing to do with the enslaved or the slaver race

every race was enslaved in some capacity by another at some point of history

I meant black people enslaving white people.

Once, Ibrahim happened to see the private parts of a wild young cow and according to Cantemir, "he sent the shape of them in gold all over the Empire with orders to make enquiries whether a woman made in just that manner could be found for his lust". A woman fitting the description was found in Armenia and she was received into the harem. Her name was Sechir Para ("Sugar Cube") and she weighed around 150 kilograms. Ibrahim became madly infatuated with her.

One day Sechir Para told Ibrahim about a rumour that one of his concubines was "compromised by an outsider", but she didn't know any details, like the girl's name. Ibrahim promptly raged for three days. When his son Mehmed made a joke that Ibrahim didn't like, he took his dagger and thrust it in his little son's face. Mehmed was to carry the resulting scar on his forehead until the end of his life. The chief black eunuch, the most powerful man after the Grand Vezir, tried to find the identity of the concubine by torturing some of the harem girls, but he was not provided with a name. Then Ibrahim decided to have his entire harem of 280 women thrown into the Bosporus, tied up in weighted sacks. Sechir Para and Turhan Hadice were spared. Only one other girl survived, because her sack had not been sufficiently tied up. She was dragged out of the water by the crew of a French ship. Eventually Sultana Kösem became jealous of Sechir Para's influence and one day she invited the woman to dinner and had her strangled. She told the inconsolable Ibrahim that the woman "had died suddenly of a powerful illness".

>Northern Africans are black

I love this meme

>wannabe anglo is not accepted as a true anglo
>chimps out
kek

black people from the middle east were eunuchs lol.
They had their balls cut off and were made body guards.
Western slavery saw them more as agricultural tools

>thiccest girl in the entire ottoman empire
>150kg

I truly pity the man.

>Jan Janszoon
literally Jon, son of Jon
also he's dutch not an arab

Still better than the Praetorians
>ywn kill the emperor you were sworn to protect and sell his throne at a discount

That's just slavery m8. It happened in some capacity but it's not a reverse of anything. Mongols enslaved whites, arabs enslaved whites and whites enslaved other whites.

Pre-industrial societies were in need of slave labor to generate wealth so they devised multiple systems of implementing it. Indentured servitude, serfdom, cast systems etc. Along with the classic enslavement.

WE WUZ EUNUCHS AND SHIT.

They kinda are?

In fantasy, if you want your pirates to sound classier, you call them corsairs.

And Corsairs tend to be the blingiest pirates fucking ever.

To add to what this user said even the word 'slave' itself comes from the word 'Slav'.

etymonline.com/index.php?term=slave

>meditteranean "europeans" thinking they are the descendants of Romans and Greeks
Go cry somewhere else, turk rapebaby

>We demand you take 3 billion refugees
More like "we have been giving you economic support for 60 years since you are unable to keep an economy on your own, and now it's time for you to do your part as well"

They're trying to make up for their lack of whiteness :^)

Because
>WEE KANGZ

Just go to syria.
ISIS is basically doing the same thing

user, let's do this together. Let's become Barbary Pirates. I'm serious about this, I've thought about it for a while.

Yes it's only natural for germanics to not know the meaning of honor.

not a longboat

Nah. They idolise traditional military leaders and their grand conquests.

Khalid ibn Walid, Salahuddin and Mehmet the conqueror are their biggest crushes.

Yes that was most likely his point

Saladin was never popular amongst Muslims compared to Baybars. It was Europeans who idolized him as a worthy foe.

they aren't pirates. desert < sea.

>reverse slavery

this is what a college education does to people now

t.grad

Is this bait? Muslim apologists as a norm sprung up much more recently than pirate or viking pop culture.

This
The Christians said that Saladin was sent from Heaven to fight against the Christians