Howdy folks, I'm looking for film recommendations. The topic is African conflicts. Rhodesia or Congo is preferred...

Howdy folks, I'm looking for film recommendations. The topic is African conflicts. Rhodesia or Congo is preferred, but any high-quality films will make me happy. Thanks.

The Siege of Jadotville was decent. Not superb, but solid.

The Toyota War is interesting. It gives you an idea how militaries with limited budgets, modern technology (late 80s), and operational mobility conduct operations.

Cool, thank you.

the Second Congo civil war and the 600 paratroopers was pretty boss.

Any films about that?

I've got this african reading list, though I know you want docs or films. I'll try to see if I can find any on the Rwandan genocide or Darfur because those garnered international attention

battle of algiers
good fucking movie

Thanks fellas. I know about all the obvious ones of course. Blood Diamond, Hotel Rwanda, etc. Looking for those hidden gems that I know are out there

Africa Adieu is a stunning Italian film about the social upheavals in Africa of the 60's.

Possibly the definitive film on the topic.

Thanks! I'll put it on the list

Those are the shittiest push-ups I've ever seen.

Ask /k/, they are all OVER this shit.
They have a whole collection of posts describing to socio political climates of the 80s African Wars onwards. Real MGSV shit too.
Apparently they had a brief but total hardon for paratrooping because it made them look advanced to their neighbors for some countries (or something like that).

The Siege of Jadotville
Hotel Rwanda

Rwanda Hotel? Though that is recent shit

Good idea!

here
so I'll post what I've found. the beginning of the list is the most relevant to your interests. A lot of the rest of the list is documentaries on random african stuff. I have no clue of the quality of this stuff except that I really like the Battle of Algiers, which was a great war film.

woops didnt mean to post this one

holy fug, thank you based god! I do wish whoever made these images would make them a little larger though, even at full size the text is quite small.

I would definitely reccomend africa addio as well. Its fucking unreal, its actual footage of the countries going through the craziest shit. one of my favorite parts is real footage of the mercenary Mike Hoare and the 5 commando doing a raid

i the poster made the images. I can make a larger version if you want

If it's not troublesome to you, I would like that. As it is, I have to print them out and use a magnifying glass to read them. I have poor eyesight