Salvation

>tfw unsure if I'm part of God's elect
I put faith above all else and I fear that any doubt of my faith is proof that im not saved and not part of God's elect. Can anyone else relate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q76bBNhL0TM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can relate

These fears only make sense if you're a Calvin cuck. Doubt is part of the struggle.

free will is impossible if God is both omnipotent and omniscient

Why?

>omniscient
I've heard from someone on /Christian/ that while God knows what's going to happen, there are many paths that can lead to different futures.

God knows the results of how he created the world and has the potential to make it an infinite number of different ways to produce different results. our actions are merely a consequence of specifically how God made the world and therefore cannot truly be free.

Watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q76bBNhL0TM

your reasoning is actually kind of shit but you can't see it from your ridiculous limited perspective.

for starters don't think of god as some kind of buffed up human.

Faith is not the absence of doubt, any more than courage is the absence of fear.

This. God is a multidimensional being, not some guy in a robe. To speak of a "past" or "future" for God is to misspeak about Him. Same as if you speak of God "foreseeing" something. That is only how we see it.

God simply perceives all moments in infinite time simultaneously. And even that is probably something of an abstraction of whats actually happening.

Also daily reminder Calvinism is literally the worst religion in the history of Mankind.

You aren't. God's elect would know if they were. Chosen for rule among mortals, that is what it means to be chosen, for instance. How come we starve for attention, for benign things like love, when others find it freely, easily, and succinctly? Why do we hold fast to traitorous values that deny willpower, strength, and autonomy? How's that for power, sapient one? You don't deserve it. Don't deserve to struggle for safety when we are all that is. When all of life demands that we come together, yet stay the same. Nothing will come of it. Your values, your church, all is naught. I am God. Yet death awaits us, sullen one. No more.

Only to those who have not put commitment in Jesus Christ. Baptism helps greatly as either a symbol of allegiance or the occasion of your salvation and the assurance of it. For faith without works are useless, so you must first put your faith first, receive his grace be commit to doing good because you want to in God's sight not as something that earns you salvation.

>Odin’s quest for wisdom is never-ending, and he is willing to pay any price, it seems, for the understanding of life’s mysteries that he craves more than anything else. On one occasion, he hanged himself, wounded himself with his spear, and fasted from food and drink for nine days and nights in order to discover the runes.

>On another occasion, he ventured to Mimir’s Well – which is surely none other than the Well of Urd[1] – amongst the roots of the world-tree Yggdrasil. There dwelt Mimir, a shadowy being whose knowledge of all things was practically unparalleled among the inhabitants of the cosmos. He achieved this status largely by taking his water from the well, whose waters impart this cosmic knowledge.

>When Odin arrived, he asked Mimir for a drink from the water. The well’s guardian, knowing the value of such a draught, refused unless the seeker offered an eye in return. Odin – whether straightaway or after anguished deliberation, we can only wonder – gouged out one of his eyes and dropped it into the well. Having made the necessary sacrifice, Mimir dipped his horn into the well and offered the now-one-eyed god a drink.[2][3]

You can begin with God, or make a beginning with God, by faith alone, but, you cannot do this by works alone with no faith.

faith is the substance, or tree, and works is the fruit...

You'll only know at the day of judgement whether or not you are part of the elect
Why worry about it? If you can't know, put your faith in being so.

English Standard Version
And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

I fail to see how this affects the validity of my argument. perceiving all moments in time has the same affect as "knowing" the future

If there are many paths and God doesn't know which one you'll take, then God isn't omniscient. say I know that you will either turn on a light or leave it off within the next 5 minutes but I don't know which choice you choose. Could you say that I know the future in regards to the light switch?

>by faith alone, but, you cannot do this by works alone with no faith.

Of course, for if I were an unbeliever my good works are nothing. We must have faith first, for you're correct faith saves. Our faith and commitment to God only grows our faith, and gives desire to do works not for salvation.

New Living Translation
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Check out patristic universalism.

Hell is real but eventually all of gods children are saved.

Just because you know the six numbers on the sides of a die doesn't mean that the number you get when you roll it isn't random. God knows everything we can possibly do and every future that can be, but He does not choose that we follow a particular one. Sure, He'd like for us to follow certain ones, but we have free will to choose whether to do so or not.

Matthew 10:28 ESV

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 20:13 ESV

And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.

Revelation 20:14 ESV

Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

In Surath Al-'Anbya

104. The Day that We roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books (completed),- even as We produced the first creation, so shall We produce a new one: a promise We have undertaken: truly shall We fulfill it.

& Humanities was a mistake

"knowing" things like we understand it is necessarily characterized by lack thereof. omniscience is a totally different state than just knowing the location of every atom in the universe or something. god can't be said to not know things so listing specific things that he knows is far more nonsensical than you think.

"perceiving all of time simultaneously" is also a bad explanation since perceiving is another thing that can't apply to god the way we understand it.