We're the Umayyads justified in fucking over Ali and his family?

We're the Umayyads justified in fucking over Ali and his family?

General purpose Islamic history thread too I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karbala
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yazid literally did NOTHING wrong

Where they Mohammedans wrong when they did x?

Answer: Yes.

I have some sympathy for the Shia point of view.
The Umayyads stood for the traditional method of Arab succession even though Muhammad had arguably come to proclaim a new social order. In that way Ali as Caliph could be seen as the choice more in line with Muhammad's teachings. Going with the Umayyads meant going back to "the way we did things before that weirdo came around" and also the Umayyads were late converts whereas Ali was a Muslim of the first hour.

>use "muh Uthman" as a excuse to seize power and remove the democratic process the Rashiduns used to elect new Califs so you can create a dynasty instead that go against everything the original title stood for while alienating most of your subjects when you create a pro-Arab tribalist state that shit on other non-Arab muslims and muslims in general
>don't even last a century before being overthrown
/pol/ should love them for starting the divide in the first place

>Muslim
Mohammedan.

>tfw every day is the battle of Karbala and every place is Karbala

Al* was probably muhammeds baby by incest :DD so yes the ummayads needed to stop this desecration from spreading to the leadership of the muslims

No Muslim calls themselves a Mohammedan my kaffir friend

>By their fruits you shall know them
Are you really surprised such violence and bloodshed came from the Ishmaelites? They aren't in, and never were, in the Covenant of God.

>supporting the banu umayya over the Prophets own clan
>the same clan that opposed Muhammad every chance they got and killed some of the earliest muslim converts cause of their faith
what did the sunni's mean by this?

Aside from being cringeworthy and essentially LARPing, the usage of this term is inaccurate, as it implies that Muslims worship Mohammad, similar to how Christians worship Jesus, whereas they merely revere him as the final prophet and an example to follow.

Don't worry it's just an Evangelical retard chimping out as usual

finally i can post this

Don't Sunnis consider the Ummayad (and Abbasid) Caliphates to be illegitimate?

I thought they only respected the fantastic 4.

well fuck, you are right

so the entire split is literally just about Ali not getting to rule right after Muhammad died but he had to wait until his turn?

Basically yeah

But it's more complicated than that. Ali basically got screwed over at every turn and even when he became caliph he got assassinated by proto-isis.

The Shia are also extremely butthurt about how Ali's entire clan for btfo by the Umayyads.

Got btfo*

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karbala

Honest question, any Shia muslims here?

They meant Arab Tradition over (newer but still shit) Muslim values

Yeah, kinda. I am Persian so I was somewhat born into it (although I am not religious anymore). Even though I dont believe them to be authorities in my life, I do have a interest and a weird fascination with the 12 Imams and in general important Shia figures.

>The Umayyads stood for the traditional method of Arab succession
No, ironically enough. The Rashidun caliphs were the traditionalists, with a family council voting in usually the most senior among them, while the Umayyads were aiming for a dynastic, Roman kind of succession.

Muhammad did probably want a new social order, but both the Umayyads and the Rashidun were more than comfortable doing what suited them best.

As long as your not a Persiafag living in LA im sure you might be tolerable

Probably just some persians who don't really practice.

No Muslim is justified in anything, justification is a consequence of faith in Jesus Christ, which Muslims lack. QED.

I am. Well my family is but muslims in the US don't really care about sects so I might not be an expert on shia history but ask away and if I can answer your questions I will.