How do Veeky Forums feel about the big three privacy coins?

always a market for privacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

vergecurrency.com/
weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

monero looks and sounds the most professional and will attract the most customers

what are the major differences between these three?
can they coexist long term or is one going to win and the other two crumble?

>big THREE privacy coins
triggered

I see a lot of potential in monero. I honestly would use that currency in transfers as my first choice. Plus, the new gambling feature is innovative.

Be on the look out for this one.

>not including PIVX
Broke faggot

isnt pivx a fork of dash? why is it better?

I think Monero will come to have supremacy in anonymity for awhile. They have a nice name and logo that just says "money". Transfers are always private no matter what guarantee, and they alreay have been accepted in the largest DNM.

Verge could come sneaking from behind and challenge Monero, with their ambition and different approach.

faster than dash, didn't have a massive premine like Dash, has staking rewards instead of just masternode rewards, and it'll have zerocoin minting soon. I can't believe that people are actually shilling Dash here now, everyone rightly recognized it as a scamcoin from the devs months back. Its implementing zerocoin protocol as well, it will be the first staking coin with that.

The future is kurrent. It's the future of zero knowledge coins

bring me up to the speed

i already dont like the logo

I agree and Monero is arguably the best in terms of privacy, but people naturally attracted to what is advertised to them and Monero has zero.

Monero is my personal investment, but I fear that it won't take off unless something is done to reach the public, if they'll even care at all about privacy.

they have a different logo now
vergecurrency.com/

>public caring about privacy
They put their whole life on Facebook, they clearly don't give a fuck.

Zcash is the most promising, they've been working with JP Morgan for a while now.

This is true, however, just as they can easily be tricked into not caring about privacy, they can be sold on the idea of privacy.

>zcash is the most promising privacy coin, they've been working with JP Morgan
That is not a good thing whatsoever.

>LOL user why should I care I don't have anything to hide
They're hopeless. If you're interested in privacy coins the price should not be the draw to you as they will never have mainstream adoption.

How does Komodo, cloak, zcash and zcoin stack up?

Can mysterium be used as a private currency or is it just for its decentralised VPN?

It's sort of weird though because one of the things that attracted people to crypto in the first place was a perceived sense of privacy and a separation from the state, which we now know isn't feasible with Bitcoin and ETH.

The one true king

My personal taste liked the older logo better. This new one is overly simplistic.

The vast majority of people in crypto do not care about the tech, do not care about leaving banks behind, and do not care about anonymity, its merely a speculative asset class to them. If the only ones in crypto were people concerned with privacy and the fed bitcoin would probably still only be around $100, maybe lower.

its a good thing if you own zcash

I'm a believer in Monero too. What I can't understand though is why the market cap is still so low. It seems incredibly undervalued, especially since it's apparently being used already in real world darknet markets, unlike ethereum which doesn't even have any real world application yet, only pie in the sky predictions.

>dash
>privacy coin

So it has no innovation, just throwing in a bunch of stuff from other coins.

Only devs shill Zcash. You are aware of how it started off centralized and there is no way for us to know if trillions of coins were minted except for the devs word. No legitimate crypto should even have to worry about that.

well hey thats the rep its got, more anonymous then bitcoin

Only if you don't want a privacy coin and instead only care about what its worth. In which case there's better things to invest in.

It combines the best features of a few cryptos to offer more than they do individually.

*yawn* ctrl c + ctrl v devs.

>beep boop, I'm a bot.
>0 wojaks rewarded to
>NaN
>for QUINTS

Incorrect. Its a custom version of the zerocoin protocol that strips out the backdoor shit present in zcash's version.

That's what they try to sell it as. Monero and Zcash are the only serious anoncoins.

Say what you want about the trusted setup and other shit but ZEC works just fine, I'd feel much more uncertain holding it than XMR though.

All the other ones are a joke. Zerocoin protocol sucks.

>zcash is one of the only two serious anoncoins
>Zerocoin protocol sucks
You're severely retarded to think both of these things when zcash uses zerocoin.

What are you talking about? Zcash uses the zerocash protocol which is based on its shitty predecessor.

Zcash is a joke coin, educate yourself and read the toxic waste section.
>weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/
I'd wait until the whitepaper is released, but ADK has some good promises. It's a DAG coin so no blockchain and boasts about being the most anonymous yet (Wait until whitepaper to verify)

It's not a joke. I've read that post and I'm a much bigger fan of Monero but Zcash is still a legitimate project, you can use it as a mixer for your BTC if nothing else.

I've heard ADK mentioned before, could barely find any info on it when I last looked. It's a fork of IOTA?

Okay so it is just a shitty fork of IOTA. Great. I don't see any reason to get excited about it, IOTA is working on some form of private transactions anyways.

Surprised on one has mentioned SPECTRE (XSPEC). Bought a few months ago and am up big, and it actually works with TOR.