Faith Not Works

Faith Not Works

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Hate The World

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Hate Your Family And Yourself

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Violence

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Jeremiah 48:10 Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8
youtube.com/watch?v=LClaSilFlA8
youtube.com/watch?v=oTo2wbfvT9E
youtube.com/watch?v=KHcf3E8qOqA
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Unrighteous

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

True Christians Will Be Persecuted

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Feminism

1 Timothy 5:14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. For some are already turned aside after Satan.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

"Don't Judge People"

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

"Hate The Sin, Love The Sinner"

Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil.

Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good.

"All Sins Are Equal"

1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

"Interpretation"

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Homosexuality

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Geocentrism

Psalm 93:1 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Psalm 96:10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

1 Chronicles 16:30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Psalm 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Ecclesiastes 1:5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

I wonder though for every verse advocating for one thing you could probably find another advocating for the opposite.
Enough for each of the thousands of denominations to find something that appeals to them.

"There are no contradictions!" -Kent Hovind

>what is context
>what are metaphors and allegories

Prescribed sacraments and activities are a good way to cultivate faith as well as assert it. The pillar of your practice should be faith though. It's better however not to go the radicalist route and excise all tradition from liturgical practice.

Hate the sin not the sinner comes from Augustine, "with love for mankind and hatred of sins"

>geocentrism

people say they believe the Bible literally, but no one actually does

what a perfect opportunity for memes

>Hate The World
>Hate Your Family And Yourself
>Violence

Who cares.
The point is moot,
if you have faith you
will have good works.

Oh look, a bunch of lines out of context.
I do. My conception of 'literal' is just very different from yours because I'm not a smelly ideologue.

post more funny jesus imagery so I can make more memes

which is why protestantism is bad. there needs to be an authority to the church. catholicism has pretty much everything about christianity right. especially since it follows traditions of the people who spent time with jesus

Can you explain what context those lines are actually in? Prove your point.

Our authority is the Bible.

>follows traditions of the people who spent time with jesus
This is false.

Roman Catholicism is an apostate church that came centuries later, through Constantine.

Excepting didn't follow the traditions of the people that knew Christ for like 700 years, the catholic church was very sick for a long time, so shut the fuck up and don't pretend there wasn't a very good reason for Protestantism

Actually Protestants follow the teachings of Paul, an apostle of Jesus.

Catholics follow man-made traditions and pagan rites.

go to bed martin luther

who decided what scripture was inspired? who gave the bible authority?

roman catholicism is the official religion and recognition of the christian religion that was going on already.

number of the beast huh. the catholic church was sick way after the church was established. also why are you so offended?

paul was not an apostle of jesus

Go pay some indulgences for your future kiddie diddling, why don't you fund some more wars which you are at it, also bow down to a saint and marry, also remember you can't pray to god, you need to talk to a priest who has to pray for you

Schlaf ist fuer Papisten

>Paul

yea me too I'm an apostle too

Jesus spoke to me in a dream and told me that Protestants are and I quote "Doing it all wrong."

sorry not my words, Jesus's words

>who decided what scripture was inspired
God.
>who gave the bible authority
God.

>Detailed Documentary Exposing Catholic Church (8 hours)
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

>The Real History of the evil Roman Catholic Church
youtube.com/watch?v=LClaSilFlA8

>The Jesuit Agenda Exposed
youtube.com/watch?v=oTo2wbfvT9E

>The Real Bible Version Issue
youtube.com/watch?v=KHcf3E8qOqA

>The Catholic and Islamic Connection
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms

(You)

(You)

>roman catholicism is the official religion
You know the armenian church predates Catholicism by a lot? So do several other churches, I guess Rome didn't want you to knon that.
If you actually read the Bible you would know Jesus warned you against the pharascies

so God plopped down a bible with all 72 books? and then satan plopped one down with 66? or other way around or???

also, you really think paul was an apostle of jesus? you don't know your bible that well

>Arbeitet vor Glauben

Ok now you're clearly baiting.

and you do know that paul was teaching in rome and sending letters to greece, rome, anatolia? do you know where peter was crucified?

i'm not trolling, you called paul an apostle of jesus. he used to kill christians

christians are so damn autistic

i think i converted some protestants

Constantine lived approximately three centuries after Yeshua and many of the customs were already present. Some branches which separated from the early Catholic-Orthodox Church in the 5th century recognize some of same the sacraments and exhibit many of the same practices and customs. Protestant practice can be determined to be derived from early modern attempts at 'reforming' the faith through stricter adherence to literal interpretations of the scripture.

>converted some protestants
Fuck off, we should get along anyways, the real Enemies are Islam, Jews and atheists

we should, but we are stronger united. we don't need arguments about trinity, or jehovah's witnesses throwing curses at me because i got a blood transfusion, or protestants discrediting the pope ( i really don't agree with pope francis on much btw)

Why isnt the Orthodox Church the truth?

Why do you reject the writings of the early church and church fathers who all support the Orthodox Apostolic Interpretation?

well, it was an orthodox roman church. there was a schism

Lets save inter apostolic debates for another thread user

ok lol

this. i have half the mid to pick apart each one of these verses, but the bible teaches us what to do with heretics:

Romans 16:17-18:
>17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
>Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14-15
>14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Titus 3:10-11
>10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Does it have any on how to deal with heresy itself?
Likewise does it give any definitive measures of what makes one a heretic reading your verses I could see both sides using those verses legitimately against either apostolic or scriptural

user what is your ideal religious policy.
Mine is all religions are allowed, provided the non state religion builds large walls around their temples, that they build temples from their money, and that Islam and Arianism are outlawed fully, their people subjected to philosophical debate until they convert

Have you ever stopped and reflected on how closely your views mirror Maoist Chinas policy towards ideologies?

>Arianism are outlawed fully
Are Mormons and Jehovas Wittnesses really that big of a threat?

> their people subjected to philosophical debate until they convert

Do you genuinely think people come to and base their faith Islam and Arian Christianity through and on philosophical rigor? Do you think someone who believes they have experianced God or Allah personally is going change track if you show them some Aquinas or Calivn?

>James

Who?

it's aprochipite

>Jeremiah

You realize that's old tesatament, right?

So there was dis demiurge, adam, eve and a snake, and the demiurge was liek: u guys no eat from dis tree or yuo dye, yet they ate and would not die and the snaek was like, no, u eat and it maek you smart, and they became smart like the snek said, then the demiurge said, u go out bcuz if you eat from tree you live foraver, and kicks them out, and adam and even wouldn't die and livified several hundreds of years so as to mock yhvh.

fatih memers need to get out

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

>You know the armenian church predates Catholicism by a lot? So do several other churches, I guess Rome didn't want you to knon that.

When did Catholicism originate then? Armenian and other non-Catholic Apostolic churches broke away early, this doesn't make them older than the Catholic Church they broke away from.

yea, that user forgot that paul and peter were heavily involved in rome, and peter was crucified there.