I don't understand the liberal morality around abortion

I don't understand the liberal morality around abortion.

>has a miscarriage
"I'm so sorry."

>aborts
"It's your choice."

While I do not necessarily disagree with the end you are arguing for, your method is disingenuous and flippant so no real discourse would be garnered.

According to Leibniz's Law,

A = B iff for any property B posses, so does A and vice versa.

Your example does not follow this law and is a false equivocation, and no argument.

>I had consensual sex
"Nice"

>I got raped
"Not nice"

Abortions are a horrible thing to do. But they're still a choice that should be legal.

/thread

>every abortion is because of rape
Your false equivalence is as gay as OP's

>You unintentionally lost your child but it's obvious you wanted it so I will sympathise with you.

>You intentionally removed your fetus and you didn't want a child so there's no need to sympathise with you.

Retard

>Being this retarded

>never own a table

vs

>table is stolen

Liberals have no morality, they are just sociopaths that get off on feeling like heroes so their "morals" tend to change and even contradict eachother.

Long story short: Liberals don't believe in destiny, they believe in design.

>making bad allegories
>your fault for pointing it out
wew lad

what I've never gotten is the double standard about abortion and feticide.

>Mother aborts her fetus
>Her body, her choice, medical procdedure, no big deal.

>Random stranger punches a pregnant lady in the stomach and causes a miscarriage
>Baby killer, charge him with something akin to murder!

Taken together, it implies that the fetus IS in fact a human life, but we allow mothers to kill them anyway, which is a bit ridiculous.

No one is pro abortion, they just think that option should exist. In cases of a mothers life in danger, or rape, I don't see the controversy of aborting. It is no ones business anyway, except the parents'. And knowing people that have had abortions before, the decision does weigh heavy on them and it lingers their whole life.

Abortion is one of the very few areas where modern 'liberals' value personal agency.

A miscarriage implies that the mother wanted to give birth to the child, but couldn't. Therefore it's a tragedy as it goes against her agency.

An abortion means that the mother didn't want a child, and so its death is her decision.

Her body her choice is a massive meme. Its not her body that she is having killed that is in fact another persons body.

I'm not some crazy catholic and I don't believe life starts at conception but after a certain point it is another human and not part if you.

Her body, her choice, in the latter case that's assault and an unwanted loss of life. That's like comparing someone who commits suicide vs someone who murders another person.

But suicide and murder are comparable in certain respects, both are the death of another human being. As far as I know there aren't any pro-choice advocates who claim that YES, the fetus is a human life, and that the mother is allowed to kill it anyway. Abortion is justified, in large part, by the claim that the fetus is not a human life. But in that case, why is feticide from the outside anything more than simple assault?

>few areas... personal agency

Similarly I've always been confused as to why Pearl-clutching social conservatives want to stop abortion: It's preventing the "degenerates" from outbreeding them!

>morality
excuse me?

>No one is pro abortion
I am, reproducing is the most amoral action a human can possibly do.

>i lost my child, despite the fact I wanted to give birth
>I chose to abort the child because I cannot take care of them/not ready

You really don't see a difference there? Really?

There's a difference between a bad allegory and being retarded user. This is an educated board, remember?

>Her body her choice
Why?
Childish individualism.

>we are not allowed soverignty of our own bodies
Very good comrade.

>said the statist

A vast majority of abortions are performed before the kiddo would be viable on its own. Abortions after that are pretty much for medical reasons.
So looking at abortions pre-viability, the foetus is essentially hooked up to a sentient life-support system that can choose to have it hooked up or not.

>the mother has no responsibility to the child

>Wants to have kid
>Can't have a kid
REEE
>Doesn't want to have kid
>Must have a kid
REEE

It's the most retarded fucking argument because the point at which a baby becomes human is ultimately your fucking opinion and nothing else.

>women terminates pregnancy
>100 percent legal, no harm no foul

>kill a pregnant woman
>slammed with a double homicide charge

top logic