Who's black?

There seems to be a lot of disagreement as to who counts as black and who doesn't. So I broke it down into it's various ethnic groups.

Bantu- Subsaharans
Hamites- Haritin, Tauregs, Fulani, Afro-Arabs
Semites- Nile/HoA Afro-Arabs
Capoids- Bushmen
Abo- melasian and Aussie natives
Mulattos- Blatinos, Islanders, Black americans

Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRFgPoeS9w0
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/03/150304-homo-habilis-evolution-fossil-jaw-ethiopia-olduvai-gorge/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_on_the_Barbary_Coast
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_Ottoman_Empire
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In America, people haven't heard any of those words in their life. If you're browner than a paper bag, you're black.

What were the names of those Ethiopians who are slightly more Caucasian and therefore slightly more beautiful?

The Niger-Congo peoples are the only real Black people.

>indians and hispanics
>black
burgers aren't that stupid.

>Semites
Nice try nigger

>Bantu- Subsaharans

Blacks.

>Hamites- Haritin, Tauregs, Fulani, Afro-Arabs

Tuaregs: depending on the caste. The others, Black.

>Semites- Nile/HoA Afro-Arabs

Blacks.

>Capoids- Bushmen

Blacks.

>Abo- melasian and Aussie natives

Not black. Something else. I don't consider people from Madagascar Black either.

>Mulattos- Blatinos, Islanders, Black americans

Black.

Proto-Jews are from Ethiopia.

OP is a fucking retard

It's

>Sudanids (the tall, muscular, and dark stereotypical looking black people from Senegal to Sudan)
>Guineasids (Shorter, lighter, and more baby faced looking)
>Bantu (Brownish tone overall, average to tall height, attractive as a rule)
>Nilotes (Extremely tall, coal black, and skinny)
>Pygmies (Duh)
>Khoisan (vaguely asian looking)
>Northeast Africans (caucasian-black hybrids)

I do find abbos to be phenotyipically black, though they do have some unique features.

Madagascans are Black though based on which part of it user. Highlands it's more Austronesian and I don't mean more as in the Latin America way but like "pretty much Austronesian" kind of way and then you have the inbetweens (who vary in genetic strucutre and status based on where they reside).

There's a a difference between the yellow one and the black one so to say.

How would you categorize the new world groups ethnic groups that are Bantu, with Anglo Mediterranean, and slight Native American admixture

Most american blacks aren't bantu.

They're white, Native American, guineasid mongrels.

Blackness isn't a static concept. In America, one drop rule still applies more or less, whereas many of our lighter "blacks" would not be considered strictly black in Europe or South America.

Bantu are just a subgroup of the Congo-Niger peoples.

All Congo-Niger speaking people are Black.

Ethiopians are *not* black.

Noone cares what it is in America. America is a falling empire, it's history.

Ethiopians are without a doubt black, most have nappy hair.

Hm, source for this claim?

Ethiopians are black according to 99% of Ethiopians I've spoken to

'no'

Out of his boipucci.

Yes.

Biblically speaking they were brought under the rule of levantines, which created Egypt. They interbred with the invaders from the north and created modern day Jews as most know them?

>burgers aren't that stupid.
you sure?

Melanesians & Congoids

That is, every part of Africa that doesn't border the mediterranean, and abos.

Having dark skin or nappy hair doesn't make you *black*. black (Negroid/Congoid) is based in genetics and bone structure.

And so is she, according to her
youtube.com/watch?v=dRFgPoeS9w0

>Ethiopians arn't black

Is she Ethiopian?
She doesn't look like she has the bone structure.

No she's a caucasian woman that identifies as black.

Because in backwards Ameritard society anyone can be black if they identify as such, but noone can be white unless you're blonde/blue eyed and your name is Bob or Billy.

So are real Ethiopians black?
I feel like bringing her into the discuss has unnecessarily complicated things.

No, eastern Africans are not Congoid, they are Ethiopid which is the missing link race. All of humanity originates from them.

Congoids ("Blacks") and Caucasoids ("Whites") are just mutations from the Ethiopids

So Ethiopians are white?

>So Ethiopians are white?

No, they are Ethiopid - the father race to whites, blacks, asians, australoids. (Humanity)

Ethiopiod? Is that an option on the census?

>Ethiopiod? Is that an option on the census?

What census?

So is this claim based on the assay of genetic markers or just physical anthropology

interesting insight. where do you get this information though, seems like you're theorizing.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/03/150304-homo-habilis-evolution-fossil-jaw-ethiopia-olduvai-gorge/

Ethiopians in the U.S. self identify as "black", out of a desire for community/belonging, but Ethiopians in Ethiopia don't consider themselves "black" and actually look down on most other sub-Saharan peoples who they view as genetically/mentally inferior.

interesting. i don't know if i fully believe it though. it's a good theory though..very strong evidence. but such rapid and varying change in phenotypes and genotypes has me skeptical

Origin from East Africa is the mainstream scientific consensus for a while now.

Amhara

i know. it is consensus. but i'm just not sure if it's 100% accurate

>There seems to be a lot of disagreement

It's almost as if different cultures have different thresholds for what they consider black, white, and non-white.

It's almost as if Finnish and Italian people are considered white in Canada but not Sweden.

Almost as if race is a social construct.

Really makes your noggin joggin.

>Ethiopians in the U.S. self identify as "black", out of a desire for community/belonging, but Ethiopians in Ethiopia don't consider themselves "black" and actually look down on most other sub-Saharan peoples who they view as genetically/mentally inferior.

That kinda changed now. They still see themselves as special not not like not-black.

you could define race statstically based on a set of genes, you might lack 1 or 2 racial markers but you have 90%+ of them for example

>rae is a social construct

That's essentially the truth.

There are no clear boundries between races, simply a spectrum.

Nobody does that, it's based on how you look and where you are from. It's pretty superficial for most folk. Whiteness and blackness changes from culture to culture and is sometimes based on self identification and not on any genetic markers.

>tfw ethnic ethiopian and amused at seeing us come up in these discussions in every thread

pretty much this except I'd say its more of a generational thing than a geographic thing. The generation of ethiopians that are very old now (like my grandpa) definitely don't consider themselves "black" in any sense but perhaps color. However, young ethiopians (especially diaspora american ones born in the 80s and 90s) absolutely assimilate into pan-african and black culture. From my interactions with young ethiopians my age actually from ethiopia, they tend to do that too.

As far as the reality, most of us are actually pretty dark, nappy-ish haired but arabian facial structured. The beautiful ethiopians that people rave about like my pic-related (soft hair, light skin) are definitely our standard of beauty but not really what you see everywhere. Lots of us are ink-black.

yeah they see themeslves more like a special type of black. most of us still strongly identify with blackness and are pretty much full sjw because of the social capital/popularity of blackness. Most of them speak in ebonics and are well-versed in african-american history than they are in their own history, its pretty sad.

thats completely wrong. ethiopians and other populations from the Horn are the result of prehistoric back-to-africa migrations of eurasians mixing with local East Africans.

>anthromadness.blogspot.com/2015/07/horn-africans-mixture-between-east.html

>news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/03/150304-homo-habilis-evolution-fossil-jaw-ethiopia-olduvai-gorge/

That is more than a million years ago and has nothing to do with modern-day ethiopians or any modern-day populations.

>However, young ethiopians (especially diaspora american ones born in the 80s and 90s) absolutely assimilate into pan-african and black culture.

I want off globalization's wild ride

And therefore we must embrace a global world order and everyone must give up silly tribalist local religion, culture, nationality, language... :^)

It's here to stay.

There is variation amongst ourselves
Almost everyone of all castes have Haratin like ancestry

Malagasy regardless of phenotype have African roots, Vizimba women validated Merina legitimacy to the throne
No we aren't stop. Semitic may and I mean -may- ultimately derive from Ethiopia loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg ago but Judaism was not started exclusively by Cushitic cultural and religious institutions
Last one is a no for the most part
Yes we are
Yes but mostly no
You're looking at the plot chart wrong
True but they find out they're black quickly when they go to the gulf States, Europe or anywhere outside of Africa
No
No, also you aren't Ethiopian
Fuck off

They are a mixture of West Eurasians and the Ethiopic population which is as different from the Nilo-Saharans as Europeans are from south Asians

>>Bantu (Brownish tone overall, average to tall height, attractive as a rule)
>Attractive as a rule
Nigger detected, you're ugly as shit

>Most of them speak in ebonics and are well-versed in african-american history than they are in their own history, its pretty sad

damn not in my experience at all. I dated an Ethiopian girl for almost all of my high school years and she told me mad stories and stuff about her culture.

>No we aren't stop. Semitic may and I mean -may- ultimately derive from Ethiopia loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg ago but Judaism was not started exclusively by Cushitic cultural and religious institutions

this is simply not true. ethiopians had a lot of influence on Judaism, the "original" jews weren't ethiopian but they were a vital part of the early history of jews so the vast majority of Sephardic, Ashkenazi and Mizrahi jews have ethiopian admixture and most ethiopians have jewish admixture.

>in college
>public speaking class
>free choice on speech topic for that week
>super proud "Ethiopian" kid (Ethiopian as parents from there, hes from Seattle, doesn't speak language lol") always talking about muh Ethiopian culture
>gives speech about BlackLivesMatter and how all black people need to get involved (he's campus rep for the local chapter or some shit)
>every Ethiopian in Ethiopia goes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am talking about the Semitic language itself, Roger Blench proposes a possible Ethiopian origin for the language branch

But I stated in one of my responses that we are not the "original" Jews. There is no original Jews.

Semitic is not something exclusively to any one people or something exclusive to Jews.

Anything from Saharan and below Africa, and anything that descends from the above.

What are to trying to get at with your shitty greentext.

>Most of them speak in ebonics and are well-versed in african-american history than they are in their own history, its pretty sad.

Complete bullshit lol.

That old/dead Ethiopians would roll over in their graves if they knew their sons and daughters were integrating themselves (hanging out with, having casual sex) with "black" people that they would have considered sub-humans in their time.

Not Ethiopian or black myself and I don't care one way or the other, I just think it's funny.

Honestly our grandparents cling onto being Q'ey rather than black because they know as we have that the whole world sees us as black. We all know what happens to our people when they work as maids in the UAE, SA, Eygpt, etc... We are treated no different than any other black person.

It's an attempt to lie to themselves and it's sad.

>we have that the whole world sees us as black. We all know what happens to our people when they work as maids in the UAE, SA, Eygpt, etc... We are treated no different than any other black person.

the arabs did that to everyone though. millions of european women were kidnapped and sold into slavery the same way. they take less heat because they didn't discriminate on race/ethnicity they would just do it to whoever they could.

"ethiopian" is a broad term because some are undeniably black but some definitely look more like mulattos then anything and have that same curly hair that iranians and jewish people tend to have

>fuck off
kys

>the arabs did that to everyone though. millions of european women were kidnapped and sold into slavery the same way

Source? At what time period were "millions" of women from Europe being forcibly taken by Arabs?

>Source? At what time period were "millions" of women from Europe being forcibly taken by Arabs?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_on_the_Barbary_Coast

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_Ottoman_Empire

the slave raids were very real, the arabized africans of north sudan used to do it to the south sudanese christians

No one cares if we have thinner noses with curly hair. We are blacks and treated as such.
All they had to do was declare themselves Muslim and they were made free. Mind you they were not targeted because they were white, they were targeted because they were not Arab. They were a drop in the bucket for slaves in North Africa

what a crazy time period to be alive in

What about Nubians? I've heard that they don't consider themselves to be black any truth to that?

>"ethiopian" is a broad term because some are undeniably black but some definitely look more like mulattos

Mulattoes is a new world term for new world peoples in Spanish America. That shit in no way even matches Ethiopian Habesha.
Like cmon mulattoes are European with Bantu-speaking descended blacks and often some native admixture in there in various %'s based on the pop. On top of that curtly hair pattern it all grows into an shaped afro, nothing like a Jewfro or ME hair. It curls less but it still pretty much is Afro-textured as fuck.

"they treat us as x, that definitely means we are x"

lol pathetic

>No one cares if we have thinner noses with curly hair

not all of you do is what i'm saying, some ethnicities don't whatsoever. if I recall right more models come out of Eritrea per capita than any other country in the world.

all i'm saying is Ethiopians have always had a distinct culture and some of the early pseudo-racial scientists used to declare them as caucasians. it's kind of like the difference between slavs and western europeans

It's been noted by most racial anthropologists since the 19th century that the Bantu are the most physically attractive sub-saharan type.

>All they had to do was declare themselves Muslim and they were made free. Mind you they were not targeted because they were white, they were targeted because they were not Arab. They were a drop in the bucket for slaves in North Africa

I never claimed they were. It's not true they could just "convert" they usually didn't want non-arabs to be muslims back in the day. there were caliphs who owned 6,000 black castrated slaves and 3,000 castrated white slaves. once you castrate someone they are a genetic dead end. 400,000 african slaves were taken the US and you can assume some of em have thousands of descendants.

>racial anthropologists
>19th century thoughts on anything, specifically human attractiveness
>posting this un-ironically
>/k/ defined

No one gives a fucking shit what makes Horners stand out from the rest of Africa whatever that maybe because people have no goddamn clue what that is at all.

Most slaves regardless of there origin were not castrated. A castrated black slave fetched 20x the average price but they were formed by the Abou Gerbe monastery.

Secondly yes in fact most enslaved people converted and assimilated or they were held ransom for their country men to by their freedom. Few left the cities and most ended up working clerical positions.

The revision of Barbary slavery is so prominent now and days but your conflation of Barbary slavery and ottoman slavery and the assumption that eunuch being some marker of slave population is silly

>civil conversation about who's black without some commie retard posting social environmentalist capitalist conspiracy theories

Are commies just anti-white? They seem to just target Europeans for their 'muh social construct' BS

Caring what others give a shit about is a cuck-slave mentality m8.

>tfw no comfy Ethiopian wife

How do Ethiopians feel about white people in their country? Hate 'em like S.A?

>they usually didn't want non-arabs to be muslims back in the day.
Besides the Ummayads, that's not true.

>there were caliphs who owned 6,000 black castrated slaves and 3,000 castrated white slaves
Not Caliphs, Sultans. Many didn't call themselves Caliphs. Anyway, the castrated slaves they got were not the majority of slaves that lived in the city. Iraq has 500 000 to more than a million blacks. If all men or most men were castrated, there wouldn't be this much.

>inb4 growth population is constant

No it isn't. Middle Eastern populations didn't have constant growth till much later in history.

>400,000 african slaves were taken the US and you can assume some of em have thousands of descendants.
This is false. A few thousands were taken to the US. And their population grew. The different with the United States and Abbasid empire is that the former existed in a time with a technology that could easily support lots of populations and make sure their growth is big.

You can't equate the so called "middle ages" history with 17th to 19th century period.

>they take less heat because they didn't discriminate on race/ethnicity they would just do it to whoever they could.
Also because the slaves quickly assimilated. There isn't quarter of former slave descendants in most of the Arab world.

To be honest, there was discrimination (like against the Zanj) but it didn't apply to Habesha or most subsaharan Africans. It's not like they categorize half a continent as blacks and then shit on them like Europeans did.

There can't be a Ethiopian category because there is more genetic diversity within Ethiopians than between a Swede and a Chinese.

This goes to show racial taxonomy as done in the past to be completely nonsensical in biology. Race should be cultural.

People worth speaking to have a goddamn clue

STOP EVERYONE WHO ISN'T A KHOISAN PYGMY NILO-SAHARAN OR HORNER BANTU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But seriously though, even though Bantus moved out of Southeast Nigeria, it doesn't mean that all of Nigeria, let alone West Africa is fucking Bantu. Stop mixing the two together goddann it. By the way, Australasian people like Abbos, Melanesians, Onge, Negritos, Solomon Islanders, Fijians, New Guenians, and whatever backwater group in Asia aren't "black" in any way except for their skin. Phenotypically and genetically they are their own race, and are FAR closer to East Asians and the rest of humanity outside of Africa.

>Hispanics

Type Afro-Latin Americans into Google images. Hispanic isn't a race.

Northwest Africans are like 25% black, they're more hybrid than anyone else. By the way, the Khoisan are their own race. Blacks and Pygmies came from them, as did the rest of humanity.

Wrong, the Khoisan people who's ancestors evolved in East Africa are the common link. "Ethiopids" came later on as a mixture between blacks and Caucasians thousands of years later.

>this one region is extremely diverse so obviously we should abandon the whole endeavor

This just seems to be you tapping out when it gets tough and not an argument against genetic race itself.

Ancient Nubians were as black as can be, but the ones who lived closer to Egypt are often mixed. It's the same today if you look up their descendents.

>Like cmon mulattoes are European with Bantu-speaking descended blacks

Inherently false, Bantu DNA is of a smaller percentage than European DNA. You're more likely to find a black person who's mostly Yoruba in America.

Race is a social construct

Blacks = subsaharian africans and mulattos.

Abos aren't even homo sapiens. Kanga is more sapiens than abo

He's probably joking.

Not all Abbos look like a cross between a gorilla and a Neanderthal user. They're Homo sapiens, they just have really...archaic features. Which is weird, because older populations of humans don't.

To prove my point, here is a San woman. They're the oldest race on the planet but look more "gracile" than Abbos.

Why do you even care?