Pre Marital Sex

Does anybody have any knowledge or information about how pre-marital sex was viewed in Antiquity and pre-Christian civilizations in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-RkZXZx6HCI
youtube.com/watch?v=pGd96SH57SA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=-RkZXZx6HCI

What does before or after Christianity have to do with this

Some religions (mainly Middle eastern) ones are very against pre marital sex

other ones like Hinduism focus more about cheating on partners

Meanwhile with buddhism sexual desire itself is discouraged

King James Bible

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

All abrahamic religions hate pre-marital sex and other cucky shit.

It was viewed as property damage in Roman law. You had to pay a massive fine to the woman's father.

The ME before the abrahamic religions was pretty slutty tho senpai

>I will make him an help meet for him.
Is that really what it says? The KJV translations are awful.

>tfw temple prostitution doesn't exist in the west or ME anymore

kek seriously? pls be true that would be hilarious

Depends on the kind of offense. Upper class romans usually fucked around like victorian people while preaching the contrary. Lower classes had shit like whores and brothels, so it really depended on where you came from. Fucking your neighbours daughter in some shitty tenant appartment in rome could get you killed while fucking an equestrians unmarried daughter could get you a round through a law court and Cicero killing you with words.

The only real case where being a virgin was required was for the priestesses of vesta. There were only ever a hand full and fucking one of them was a deathsentence. If you believe cicero, Catilina did fuck one.

>Cicero killing you with words
Truly devastating, that must be.

you'd prefer getting shanked in an alley by the end of it
youtube.com/watch?v=pGd96SH57SA

See Oratory was a high art in the ancient world and a good substitute to mass media. Cicero was so devastating with his tongue that many patricians openly hated him for his often quite offensive trials against influental people.

Cicero's first big case was against a guy called verres. Verres was like any other governor and pretty much abused his power, was totally corrupt and nobody gave a shit, except the people he abused. The province in question was Syracuse.
So the good people of Syracuse hired Cicero to get Verres for a trial and the madman managed to get Verres found guilty, despite the fact that jury was heavily stacked and bribed against Cicero. Even shitters like Cato had to aknowledge the skill of him, even though Cicero was 'just' an equestrian.

Goes without saying these restrictions did not apply to sex with slaves in Rome

>Sex with slaves
Depends whose slave it was.
If you banged a slave of your pal/ family member and had the A-okay for it, nobody would bat an eye.

Banging the slave of a stranger was not cool and most of the time you had to pay a small fine to the owner.
If you were not able to or just didn't want to, most likely the offended party either called in his patron for mediation or killed one of your slaves in revenge.

He was a great dude, ironically, he got killed by a person he once even defended.
Rome also seriously made him look bad.

OP here. I'm not trying to imply there is necessarily a dichotomy between Christianity and all else, but pre-Christian Europe/Asia/etc definitely had different views of sexual morality than the Christians, even if they shared many of the same foundations.

I guess I lacked clarity, but I meant the right of a slave owner to use his slave for sex. Obviously that did not extend to the property of others

Oh, my bad.
Yeah, your slave was more like a piece of furniture.
People would think less of you if you regularly killed your slaves like you would call someone an idiot who breaks his chair constantly for no good reason.

Usually populares of the late republic were accused of being improper with their slaves und use them for dark rituals and other shit. If you believe Cicero, his chief enemy Catiline sacrificed a slave boy to get rid of Cicero.

The absence of STD knowledge would make them wary. They probably thought whores were cursed when they were only bioweapons.

But he didn't defend Pullo? That was some stammerer

What happens if you were found out to be fucking 10 year old boys and sucking dick

>What happens if you were found out to be fucking 10 year old boys

Slaves don't count. Romans didn't have the same gay/ not gay idea like we do. Fucking someone was very manly allthough throathfucking someone was the manliest thing ever.

>sucking dick
that made you look very effeminate and greek. Very greek.

The Ancient Germanic tribes were more akin to puritans than their degenerate pre-Christian counterparts.
Christianity brought Germanic purity and superiority (a redundancy to say those) to the rest of the world. Bow to the Aryan Christ.

>Believing shit that Tacitus wrote.

Yeah no. Tacitus probably knew jack shit about germans and their customs. He praised their virtues as an attack on decaying roman morals, or so he perceived.
Truth is, the roman upper class always whored and fucked around like crazy. Even saints like Cincinatus.

>Tacitus
>Tac 'give me Gaulish children and call me tracy' itus

Yeah, that one was obviously historically inaccurate, it's more like Rome made him look bad in general.