Why Nations Fail

Have you read this? I finished it the other day and it seemed rather sensible and clear, which made me assume it was nonsense.

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruesize.com/#/aboutModal?borders=1~!MTYzODUyODA.Mzk1NTA1NA*Mzg4OTg5MA(NjQzODcxOA~!CONTIGUOUS_US*MTcwOTU1OTA.NjQyNTM5NQ(MTc1)Mg~!CN*MjczNTE5Ng.Mjk3MzgzMzI(MjI1)MQ~!CD*NTc4MzYzMA.MTgxMTIzOTM)Mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope. Quick rundown?

>muh Institution

Its good, if you have doubts look into their academic papers that they based the book on, they are respected in academia too

My main problem with the book aside from a few historical inacurracies and the obvious difficulties of using one theory to explain so much was just the length of it, a good editor could've made it much more concise

Basically for a nation to succeed it needs to have inclusive qualities in its politics and economy, requires a centralised state and must protect property right.

It disagrees with previous arguments for inequality, like geography, ignorance or race.

The authors never ruled a nation, therefore their book is definitely flawed

>civicucks

>Nations that act like America succeed and those that don't fail. P.S. China will fail if it doesn't act like America.

he has a point though, that is China will fall by its own weight.

That was what made me uncomfortable, along with the idea that modern capitalism is somehow not extractive.

I still don't think race really matters in the quality of the state.

I mean the western world is probably going to be speaking Chinese in the later years.

>geography
>France is a country with fertile lands
>Germany is a place with nothing but mountains
>Germany takes over France
>goes to Russia with the "inferior race" and completely retarded geography
>get their ass kicked

results tells all

>I mean the western world is probably going to be speaking Chinese in the later years.
Keep that dream alive, chang

>I mean the western world is probably going to be speaking Chinese in the later years.
Doubtful, unless the USA and the UK collapse.

The basic idea of the right kind of functioning institutions being the key behind prosperity could be true, but it would've been more convincing if they even attempted to show some kind of rigid definition and statistical backing on it. When every argument is backed by anecdotal evidence it makes you wonder if the writers just cherry picked evidence that supported their claims.

Why do retards keep repeating this?

The author is talking about states, not nations.

Nations cannot fail.

lol wut

As in nations are a people or what?

It's something that woudl take a an entire book to see the cases it does succeed and cases where it fails because of some x factor.

Look at the DRC's size and compare it to Europe and you'll start to see one of many problems it faces.

>thetruesize.com/#/aboutModal?borders=1~!MTYzODUyODA.Mzk1NTA1NA*Mzg4OTg5MA(NjQzODcxOA~!CONTIGUOUS_US*MTcwOTU1OTA.NjQyNTM5NQ(MTc1)Mg~!CN*MjczNTE5Ng.Mjk3MzgzMzI(MjI1)MQ~!CD*NTc4MzYzMA.MTgxMTIzOTM)Mw

The only reason English got so big is because the Germans went full retard, and there was a conscious effort to switch to something else by groups that mattered.

That gave me pause, but he is able to provide good number of historical examples beyond America. I don't think he's necessarily saying that the current American system is perfect, but that history supports the idea that economic competition creates a more stable society.