Italy never actually lost a World War

>Italy never actually lost a World War
>BTFO'd Turks out of Libya in the Italo-Turkish War
>Lombards BTFO'd the Unholy Unroman Unempire in the late 12th century and made the Italian city-states effectively independent from them
>Lombards made some great armors and weapons that rivaled what the G*rmans had
>Genoa and Venice were great maritime/military powers of the time that dominated both the East and West Med seas
>Italian city-states were very important to the crusades
>Venetians BTFO'd both the Byzantines and Turks in the Fourth Crusade, Battle of Galipoli, Battle of Lepanto, etc and managed to prevent Ottomans from expanding into the Mediterranean completely by cockblocking them with a literal coastal wall

Remind me why does the meme of Italians being bad at war exist again? Is it just Nordcuck butthurt?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Bateman_(model)
cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognomi-italiani/BUONAPARTE
nomdefamille.eu/it/index.php?sur=buonaparte&s=Cerca
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsicans
nature.com/ejhg/journal/v12/n8/full/5201205a.html
khazaria.com/genetics/corsicans.html
books.google.it/books/about/Napoléon_une_enfance_corse.html?id=nI_ZBgAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y&hl=fr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory_of_Corsica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrean_civilization
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot a few things:

>Condottieri were some of the most respected mercenaries in the Middle Ages
>Napoleon was ethnically Italian
>While Italy was helped by France during the Risorgimento, some of the victories over the Austrians are still impressive

>This thread again

Mama mia pizzaria, does the italian butthurt never end? Sage in all fields.

Not an argument.

>Let's conviently forget that part where Il Duce went total FUBAR and decided to help Nazi Germany, while simultaneously getting BTFO'd in almost every conflict they started until German intervention

I mean sure dude.

>Nordcucks never reply seriously when it's about facts instead of memes

really made me think

The alliance with G*rmany was a mistake. They betrayed Italy by declaring war almost a decade earlier than agreed. Italy entered the war extremely unprepared with outdated equipment from WW1 and shit inexperienced generals. Moreover, Italy had huge problems when it came to industrialization because of lack of important natural resources such as coal, oil and steel.

I'm mediterranean, but the guy on the left is a anglo. He is a Canadian model

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Bateman_(model)

Stop this meme please, his father was from an italian family established in Corsica 200years prior to his birth and completely assimilated and his mother was ethnically corsican. Napoleon was corsican and they are not the same as italians.

Not sayin' that wasn't the case mate, just the meme around "Muh Italy didn't lose no World War maaaan" 's just hillarious.

Corsicans speak a dialect of Tuscan (standard Italian) you stupid faggot. They are way more "Italian" than Sicilians, Sardinians or Northern Italians even. "Italian" is a modern identity created during the unification. His surname, Buonaparte is also typical of the peninsula: cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognomi-italiani/BUONAPARTE

Interestingly enough, "Buonaparte" is not found in France, not even in Corsica: nomdefamille.eu/it/index.php?sur=buonaparte&s=Cerca

Language =/= ethnic group. Sardinians are not ethnically italians neither and i already said that the bonaparte family was a tuscan family established in corsica 200 years before Napoleon's birth and was assimilated.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsicans

t. corsican

And for that matter, Toby Reynolds isn't an Anglo, he's an Assbaby.

>tfw there is an old saying in your country, passed down through generations and it says "you run like an Italian"

It comes from the fact Italy lost WW2.
Apparently, much like France, all it talea to wipes away centuries of glorious military history is losing (or just do a little poorly) the war that made the current Superpower great.

>Side with Axis in WW2
>Get invaded in 1943, the Fascist government is overthrown, and a new government seeks an armistice and favorable occupation terms
>Germany reacts by counter-invading and holding onto the north of the country for most of the rest of the war
>Didn't lose

Are you retarded?

>Language =/= ethnic group. Sardinians are not ethnically italians neither

I would like to see where you would cluster on a PCA plot. Chances are that it's with Tuscans since Corsica was an Etruscan colony that received massive Italic input later as evidenced by the high presence of R1b-U152 there.

>the bonaparte family was a tuscan family established in corsica 200 years before
Napoleon's birth and was assimilated
>was assimilated

Do you have a single fact to back that up? They could've just mixed with the Genoese nobility instead of Corsican peasants instead.

By the way, I don't give a fuck about your homicidal Calabria tier shithole. France can keep it.

>Not an argument
Why does every opinion expressed need to be an argument? This isn't debate class.

Battle of Lepanto was a draw, and the best the christian alliance could boast about it is that they didnt lose. and it was inconsequential really since the turks took the islands they wanted the very next year.

t. roach

Yeah but that's irrelevant
That's like if the French claimed Henry V of England because he was ethnically French...

What that doesn't say is the condition of the majority of the 'surviving' allied ships, and more importantly, the fact that the very territories the batlte was fought over were in Turkish hands 12 months later.

Im not even Turkish, but since OP suggests the battle was a case of 'Italians' "BTFOing" the Turks I think its fair to mention how Lepanto was a battle they didnt lose but also failed to capitalize on it.

That's not the same thing. He didn't speak French and his family was far removed from France. Napoleon was 100% Italic and spoke his local dialect in private and French in public with a strong accent.

Which islands were you talking about even? Turks couldn't even conquer the Greek archipelago until 1714 and Crete until 1669. And they never touched the Ionian islands.

Well you tell me. Turks didnt really care about the navy and at Lepanto majorit of their ships was sailed by pirates they sponsored. After Lepanto they rebult their fleet in extra time and caused Venetians to withdraw from the eastern mediterrenean

Libya was a Zerg Rush where Italians outnumbered the Turks and Arab tribe by like 10 to one and they still nearly lost and could have lost if the Balkans wasn't stirring up at the time

>caused Venetians to withdraw from the eastern mediterrenean

While keeping the entire island archipelago, Ionian islands and Crete for themselves? That's not how it works. Those territories are part of the Eastern Mediterranean as well.

Well, then France can claim Lionheart as he was ethnically French and spoke French (and no other language)
Not sure bongs will like this

>After Lepanto they rebult their fleet
But they lost most of their skilled sailors and never made an incursion to the western mediterranean ever.

That's like saying USA never nuked Japan because they didn't nuke Tokyo and Sapporo and those are Japanese cities
They never used their fleet like westerners did. It was almost exclusively pirate raids and they stretched well into the Adriatic.

While those pirate raids could reach as far as Iceland, they were crushed by Venetians and Genoans easily before they could do any damage.

No they didn't. And define damage. If turkish goal was disrupting trade the raids were certainly a success.

They never did any damage to any Venetian or Genoan city as far as I'm aware. That was mostly limited to southern Italy and Sicily.

Ok you obviously doesn't know anything about the subject but i'll try to answer in a way you can understand.
>Chances are that it's with Tuscans since Corsica was an Etruscan colony that received massive Italic input later as evidenced by the high presence of R1b-U152 there.
First of all, only the eastern littoral was an estruscan colony and the population of hinterland of the island, was not replaced by any invasor, including the romans, the arabs, pisans and genoeses, resulting in a population different from the italian peninsula at the time of Napoleon.
nature.com/ejhg/journal/v12/n8/full/5201205a.html
khazaria.com/genetics/corsicans.html
>Do you have a single fact to back that up? They could've just mixed with the Genoese nobility instead of Corsican peasants instead.
There wasn't a real Genoese nobility ruling class in Corsican society. It was more like a military occupation by a company since the Republic was in the hand of merchants and bankers and Corsica was put under the rule of the Bank of Saint George. The previous Corsican nobility continued to exists even if they lost all their power to the governors and genoeses military officers so your idea of a "Genoese nobility vs Corsican peasants" is simply wrong and it's very unlikely than a noble corsican family, even from italian descent would have mixed with the foreign occupation forces. I have an excellent history book about the Bonaparte family, its origins and its place in the Corsican society, unfortunately it only exists in french : books.google.it/books/about/Napoléon_une_enfance_corse.html?id=nI_ZBgAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y&hl=fr
Also the fact that Napoleon's father Carlo was a proeminent member of the corsican independance war against the genoeses and that Napoleon himself was an corsican independantist in his youth might be an clue that he wasn't genoese himself.

>By the way, I don't give a fuck about your homicidal Calabria tier shithole. France can keep it.
Of course there is a high homicidal rate, there is a conflict between France and independantists movements since the 70's, like in the Basque Country or Northern Ireland. Don't forget the fact that Corsica is one of the less populated island of the Mediterranean (Only 350k inhabitants) and thus every homicide greatly increase the homicidal rate.

You don't need to damage a city to strangle trade.

I'm not seeing any PCA plots in your studies. There is no doubt that you would pull towards North/Central Italy like some Sardinians do since you're nowhere near as isolated as them.

>it's very unlikely than a noble corsican family, even from italian descent would have mixed with the foreign occupation forces

His family came from Tuscany to Corsica by their own will when it was ruled by the Genoese. There's no doubt that Napoleon has some Ligurian in him as well.

This is the only thing I could find. Whatever. I wish I could find a fucking plot with Corsica on it instead: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory_of_Corsica

>The greatest genetic distances were between the Sardinian and Corsican populations, which indicates that the islands were settled by different people. The investigators exclude any significant gene flow between the two islands. The closest affinities were with the population of Tuscany. The investigators attribute this closer kinship to a major influx from there in the early and middle Neolithic, which they date to the 8th-6th millennia BCE. Subsequently, they postulate a population expansion in the Chalcolithic, which is substantiated by the distribution of Corsican artifacts throughout the Mediterranean. The separation of Corsican and non-Corsican populations falls within rather wide limits: no earlier than 19,000 BCE or later than 3000 BCE at latest, according to Tofanelli.

>A study in 2002 by Vona and others of 19 genetic markers, 54 alleles, on 1,164 persons reached exactly the opposite conclusion:[2] "Corsica also appears to be greatly differentiated from the populations of regions such as France and Tuscany .... The Mediterranean population most comparable to Corsica is Sardinia." Apparently genetic studies of the Corsicans are still exploratory and are not yet reaching definitive evidence on their affinities to other populations. The two studies did draw the same conclusions about the gap between Corse-du-Sud and Haute-Corse.

So it looks like there is a group that is isolated and there is one that clusters with Tuscans.

I mean it probably has something to do with the Torrean civilization in southern Corsica, which was just an extension of the Nuragic one in Sardinia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrean_civilization

Northern Corsica was inhabited by a Tuscan-like population though, as evidence by your fucking language being a dialect of Tuscan.

A little out of topic but what do you call the item Sebastiano Vernier is holding in his hand, a telescope?

Another thing that's interesting is that Corsica has roughly the same rate of pure blonde hair as Tuscany, while Sardinians are very dark in comparison.

A maritime telescope I guess.

>>BTFO'd Turks out of Libya in the Italo-Turkish War

Not an accomplishment. What's more notable is how utterly humiliated the (northern) Italians were by the local tribesmen and raiders soon after. It's not Rif War tier. But it's close.

>taking pride in Italy not losing a world war
>taking pride in how Italy waged World War I

Don't disrespect the 200 Italian heroes who died that day