Federal France

Could France have become a federal state instead of a highly centralized one?
If so, would it had set an example for other European states?

>what if france was the holy roman empire

I don't necessary mean H R E type of decentralization, maybe something more like post-1871 Imperial Germany type of organization.

The French Revolution would have had to fail for that to occur.

The Girondin wing of the Jabocins were federalists. After the Montagnard faction of the Jacobins national convention in early 1793, the Girondins went to the southern provinces (most of them were from Bourdeaux) and basically launched a revolution against the Montagnards (calling themselves the federalists), all while the Montagnards were facing a revolt in the Vendee, invasion from the east and British landings around the country. The Girondins had they won would have established a federal system, as they opposed power being centralized in Paris and wanted the provinces and their cities to have a share of the power and say in government. In the end, though, the Montagnards put them down brutally. The whole episode in Lyons where the Montagnards filled cannons with chains, spiked balls and all kind of metal objects and lined thousands of partisans up to be mowed down by this grape shot was done against federalist partisans.

ahh nvm lyons' revolt was a royalist one by the looks of it

The French monarchy also wanted more centralization. The revolutionaries basically took their policies further.

The only reason why I dont like France is that it isnt a Federal Republic that respects the regional languages.
If Germany and even Spain (although this last one isnt a federal republic, Basques, Catalans have huge autonomy) can, why cant France?

Only small homogenous countries should be unitary instead of federal.

Thanks user.

french is the only civilized tongue, they had to go to bring them to modernity

France could be federalized, and it would've made sense throughout most o fits history, but France also had been politically unified throughout much more of its history than Germany, which allows France to have a higher degree of centralization earlier. This is then kept because people jut tend to stick to how things have been.

Also, look at my cute Nyah captcha.

Federalization is the enemy of nationbuilding.

Counterexample: Federalization is what has allowed the nationbuilding in Germany in the first place.

Because French people are worst than Russians in their worship of a centralized state.

>> 2603051
> Spain (although this last one isnt a federal republic, Basques, Catalans have huge autonomy)
And that's why France was right to purge local cultures, languages.
Today Spain must fight with Catalonia that regulary step on their authority when France has almost no problem with independence movements (Besides some terrorist in Corsica and local niggers in their island.)

Ethnically wise everything between the Loire and The Meuse is French, the rest should be divided in Burgundia and Aquitania.

>liberty, equality, fraternity
>excepts when it comes to people outside the Ile de France, for them its submission and cultural genocide

That's why I want Arabs and Sub-Saharan blacks to take over France.

More accurate map

Get fucked christcuck.
The Vendeans deserved everything for trying to betray the Revolution and siding with the Anglo

>Republic gives you rights and liberties, equality and fraternity
>betrays the Republic and renounce your citizenship
>gets mad when suddenly the Republic treat you with no rights and shit
Goddamn are Vendeans whiny as fuck

I rather live under the Ile-de-France tyranie than in United Kingdom who will fall appart as soon as it will leave the UE, in Spain that will have to make a radical choice about Catalonia or in USA where a state can say fuck to the president's decisions

republic did literally nothing wrong t b h
vendéens had to learn their place

>impose the terror, conscription and attack people's faith
>call it rights and liberties, equality and fraternity and complain when people revolt

Enjoy black cock in your girlfriend asses.

>The same pic everytime
>The girls has brownskin and is most likely an arab

Only your women racemix, achmed, and you know it

Stay mad regionalist fag.

I'm not even French. I'm just happy because I know France will cease to exist within my lifetime.

>regional languages
why do they insist with keeping their moonspeak, fedoralanguage or whatever they call it?

>This pic
Either you are a nigger or you are more deeply concerned by this graph because France have one of (the most?) high population increasing of the West.

Oh wow what a surprise it turns out to be a fucking reactionary

Fuck off racemixing faggot.

Yeah, those increasing ain't "french".

t. Veeky Forums shitposter, Md in France society.

This triggers the French.