>Aeneid

>Writing poem
>Say the Romans descend from Trojans
>Emperor approves

Is this the earliest version of We Wuz?

They also claimed that the ruling line of the Trojans had originated in Italy. It gave the rulers more legitimacy, and it allowed the romans to be somewhat greek, without all the negative things that came with that.

Italian people did come from Anatolia though.

It's totally true, though--Rome was founded by Trojans. Proof that the Mediterranean has always been a multikulti hellhole fiki fiki

>polfag

>We Wuz

>earliest

Not even close.

Sicilians, Sardinians and Etruscans were Trojan according to the Greeks

>Implying I'm wrong

>Is this the earliest version of We Wuz?
The "We Wuz" of the Romans was preceeded by a "Dey Wuz" from the Greek about the Romans, and the Greeks identifying the Romans as the descendants of Aeneas actually isn't much of a stretch, if you read the Illias, because Homer states that Aeneas is "destined to found a city in the West".

Greek traders and colonists met the Romans, knew of the city of Rome, the big city in the West. What other big city in the West was there? Carthago, but the Phoenician Carthaginians don't feel as familiar as the Romans that adopted much of the Greek culture through, for example, Magna Graecia.

>What other big city in the West was there?
Note that I mean non-Greek cities.

>We Wuz

>Doesn't show any acceptable evidence of that.

Sulky in Sardinia, Huelva in spain, a shit ton of Etruscan cities, Utica in Tunisia.

and no one has heard of those cities which is why they didn't make the cut.

>b-but they were important
Clearly less important than Rome, hipster.

Nah, the Old Testament is way older than the Aeneid. And there are probably texts older than the OT itself that I'm not familiar that are We Wuzzing.

>Sulky in Sardinia
Literally who?
Sulci is Phoenician.

>Huelva in spain,
>Utica in Tunisia.
Aren't those Phoenicians, too?

You're right about the Etruscan cities, though.

Still We Wuz.

>We Wuz Ur N Shieet

>We Ded Da Exodus N Shieet

Snorri Sturluson also traced the origins of the Norse gods to the Trojans, and the Historia Brittonun claims that the Britons descended from a certain Brutus, who also descended from the Trojan Aeneas. All this because of ancestral tradition or racial memory that the European super stratum came from somewhere in Asia, but since they didn't know better back them, and wouldn't until the field of Indo European studies was established, they thought that this place was in Anatolia. They are not entirely incorrect thought, since the Indo Europeans settled Anatolia first.

Homer was in 700-650 BC and Rome was irrelevant at that time

The Greeks only started identifying Rome as the descendants of Aeneas around the 5th century, when it had already started gaining traction.

So it was We Wuz brand garbage.

It's by definition not We Wuzzing if it's others doing the wuzzing. Only when the Romans started doing it, too, it became We Wuzzing.

The ancients loved to appropriate mythology to give legitimacy to whatever happened to be important at the time. The Aeneid was far from the first example of this - as the Greeks colonized the Mediterranean, the supposed locations of Hercules' deeds continually shifted to the popular colonies of the time.

Even Carthage did it to an extent. Hannibal had a chronicler as part of his campaign that tried to draw up parallels between his expedition and Hercules, and even did a little bit of the location-changing claims that the Greeks loved to do.

It isn't We Wuz if it's They Wuz, you retarded faggot

>being this triggered

>Being so wrong that you have to call someone 'triggered' in lieu of a proper rebuttal

>Greek settlements in Italy =/= aeneid myth
They probably did influence the developing roman kingdoms but that's a mile apart from WE WUZ HECTOR'S COUSIN N SHIET

> a high level of discourse

Homer was much before that, it was put to paper in 750-725BC at sites like pithecousae where we have the first archeological finds of greek writings (courtesy of local phoenician settlers who "loaned" the greeks their alphabet to write homeric poetry down).

>probably

>The Romans weren't Troja-

Aeneas is "destined to become the king of the trojans" not found a city. The Romans just took this mythos and incorporated it into the Aeneid

>Persians are Trojan

I KNEW IT

WE WWUUUUUUZZZZZZZ!

GIB BACK KURDISTAN TRUE HEIRS TO THE TROJAN LEGACY FILTHY T*RKROACH AFTER ALL EVERYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO ONE HAPLOGROUP MAP SOMEONE POSTED ON Veeky Forums

>We Wuzing this hard

>Can't show said We Wuzing has any support in the relevant and qualified circles

Let me guess, you pretend Moses wasn't a ripoff of Sargon too.

>Sargon
#FreeKekistan

WE

>Say the Romans descend from Trojans
It's not an invention of Vergil. It's a far older story.

Pic related is Aeneas carrying Anchises, 4th Century BCE from Veii.

This. Like said, the romans wanted to be tied with greek culture and myth without actually being greek.

Then Rome probably didn't even exist back then

Okay, I just confused Aeneis and Ilias.

In book 20, Poseidon says that he is destined to continue the line of Dardanos and rule over the Trojans (20.302-308), as per decree by the Cronid (Zeus).

Continuing the line has to imply something, though: Either that the line of Dardanos continues to rule in Troja, which seems rather improbable, given the thorough destruction of it, or that the emigrates, assimilating into another city, in which case his line wouldn't necessarily have the exponated position as the ruling house, or that they emigrate to found a new city. Not necessarily in the West, as in the Aeneis, but somewhere far away from the Greeks, which would either mean the sparsely settled West, where few hostile Greeks would be, or to the East, which is populous with hostile peoples such as the Greeks, Phrygians, et cetera.

It makes far more sense for it to mean that he goes to found a new city in the West.

The Etruscans called themselves DRDN DERDENIANS

But what if it meant "DURRDENIANS"?

The Durrdenians, the noble house of Hurrdurr.

It's definitely conceivable that the early Italians did in fact migrate to the peninsula from Anatolia. Though, it wouldn't have been after the Trojan War (or the real life version thereof).

In fact, all Europeans would've had to cross into Europe either through the Carpathians or Anatolia.

Pic related

Literally the entire mythology and existence of Rome comes from Greeks mocking them.

"We actually have a pretty good trade position even though it isn't located on the coast."
>lol what's that? the rebel barbaros cucks from sandalpolis think they can into trade?? ever heard of boats nigga xDD
"Our artwork is the pinnacle of harsh aryan realism!
>le perfect lines
>le perfect realism
>ever thought of merging that with aegyptian idealism you autistic fags :^)
>their dumbass whores shave their bodies to look like our sick ass statues fukken what haha
"You'll see! We'll create the mightiest military empire that will dwarf even Alexandros! People of future generations will look to mimic US! REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>BARBARBARBAR lolwut nigga
>WE
>notice me alexandros xD dude i'm fuckin dying lmaooo

>it's another "Virgil made up the Aeneas founding of Rome" thread

Hellanicus of Lesbos (5th century BC) is perhaps the earliest Greek source mentioning Rome in his mythology genealogies, by citing that one of the cities that Aeneas founded in Italy was one of "Rhome" in central Italy, with fucking Odysseus of all people, and named it after a Trojan woman that was with them.

Also, pic-related, the Etruscan "François tomb" in Vulci shows that the Etruscans were aware of the Greek epic cycle (or maybe--although unlikely--they had their own version of it) with the depiction of Achilles, Patroclus, Agememnon, and Ajax in them sacrificing Trojan prisoners. Other Greek writers (IIRC them off the top of my head) later in the Classical era mention how some Italian city-states (particularly Greek ones) trace their founding from Aeneas too. Some the idea that Aeneas went to Italy after the war wasn't likely a creation by the Romans, nor was it fabricated by Virgil.

I wonder if it could have been weird rationalization from the Greeks to explain why non-Greek cities were popping up on the peninsula and thriving, then these cities of early Italians adopted it because it came from Hellas-senpai.

Whatever I won't know for sure without a time machine.

Tursha, Sherden and Shekelesh are present among the sea peoples (a group of Myceneans, Anatolians and other Aegean people) attacking Egypt, later all Greek historians claimed that the Sicels were descendant of the Trojans and so were the Iliesi of Sardinia, the Etruscans are said to be from Anatolia too by most sources, I'm sorry but this "myth" might have some truth after all.

No need to be sorry.