So I bought into ethereum back when it was $15 a piece and again when it was $70...

So I bought into ethereum back when it was $15 a piece and again when it was $70. So far my $400 investment has been turned into $4100 thanks primarily to Ethereum and Golem. Now that I have an ok amount of money that I don't care about, is it enough to do actual stock trading? I was looking into ETF's as a stable option to start out, but I know nothing about this market. Any advice for an user that isn't retarded and wants to escape this cryptobubble? Pic related, their ETF's were recommended to me be a friend in college.

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
bogleheads.org/wiki/Books:_recommendations_and_reviews
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Thanks, any book recommendations? I noticed quite a few there and i don't necessarily have the time to read through all of them.

The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham.

Stocks are crashing this October

y?

^ dont get into stocks

Thanks for the recommendation.
Any explanation for this, or are you just spreading FUD?

Even if they are in a bubble it would make more sense to invest, ride the bubble and when you see that the general sentiment has changed at the normie tier just pull your funds out into something that would perform well if the US economy was to tank i.e. gold.

Even better learn about techniques such as those taught in The Intelligent Investor and then just dollar-cost average and learn to not really give a shit about the state of things beyond armageddon scenarios.

>dollar cost averaging
>$4100

Dollar cost averaging is for nerds who are too afraid on anything for less 1mil. On 4100, its entirely useless.

I've never touched the stock market before or know anything about investing. I guess my primary question is what direction should I take with the startup funds that I have?

buy into etfs...small amounts every month...look for those with dividends...

For $4100, you either need to pick one individual stock, or a fund.

I personally agree that there will be crash sometime in the next 12 months, so I personally would go defensive. Try to find a fund that is split 50% bonds and 50% stocks, or just put in a term deposit for 12 months if you are concerned about capital gains.

After the bubble pops, look to move to 100% stocks atleast. But if you are really aggressive, you could go to bank and apply for margin lending or invest in a fund that is geared, or if you are really aggressive both.

Or if you want to baby's first investment, check out the app acorns. Its simplistic as hell, but a good intro.

Acorns is neat, but might be a bit too automated. Do you have any good reading suggestions? I'm willing to wait and see this crash occurs, and it will give me time to learn about stocks and trading.

I like acorns, I have $1000 in there + have round ups active. Every 3 months or so I pull out the round ups and gains and invest else where.

Sorry, no books. I got my basic understanding from textbooks at uni then more advanced knowledge through work and talking to people. I also spend 1-2 reading finance news per day at work (then 2-3 on cryptos at home).

$4100 is nothing good luck on that 2%. If you want to make money in stocks you have to gamble and guess what? most are scams and your expected value return is -100%.
A fund is solid but again that 2% won't beat inflation. I think you're legitimately retarded if you think those are the best options and we're in a crypto bubble.
I would say trading but you're probably retarded to figure that one out.

Listen to this: crypto is going to $500bn-$1trln whether you want it or not. If you have any balls to invest in a shitty stock whose expected value in three years is $0 just stay in crypto. The biggest coins carry the economy and you can't go wrong by choosing some of the top coins and adapt as some shrink and grow (i.e. make your own crypto fund). You will make at least make $20k if you stay in crypto. Granted it's not much but if you keep working and putting money into it if will grow. That's my advice

bogleheads.org/wiki/Books:_recommendations_and_reviews

shut the fuck up and go back to literally any other thread on Veeky Forums or better yet kill yourself immediately

share with us your stock gains. I'll send you 1 BTC if you made more than 30% whatever your initial investment was

It's not much but I made around 950$ from one NVDA trade. Granted I've made more gains with crypto coins, I've put 1000euro in both, the coins hold a value of 3.5-4k$ atm.
I use etoro for "stock trading" (it's not real stock trading) and right now I'm only using the copy function to copy other traders as I don't have that much time for trading because of University. Copying traders worked surprisingly well for me for now

second on that. That book changed my investment strategies in crypto as well

also, why do you wanna go stock investing after educating youself about cryptos enough to make profits? And into a market you admit you know nothing about?

these guys aren't FUDing, just dont be in stocks this fall. Buy gold, silver and cryptos.

Keep your money out of stocks. Fed is raising interest rates so the party is over.

Buy when the market crashes hard.

Really user?
1NR1oDQupeXjdcQRtY74kcDVmdoPaC9Kib

I did this. Starting to worry though. I think I should sell to cover my buy in...

Don't listen to all these fools. The bull market is here to STAY

>has worthless bags that is feeling apathetic about and is about to make a huge mistake by investing in the shit market

I'm feeling generous OP, so I'll take those worthless bags of your hands

Eth:
0x614214a4dcdb9aa40159d7ddb4d4b0a82dc7e664

Gnt:
0xebf90b17b87be21e3ad164c459123b0e5a487a10

You're welcome

>increasing amount of prominent investors warning theres a bubble
>trump said stock market was in a "fat ugly bubble" during campaign, but now takes credit for Dow's ATHs
>stock market artifically pumped with cheap money
>stock market valued over 150% P/E
>only a handful of SP500 companies are bringing big gains while the rest are up very little or down, like dot com crash.
>Fed reserve hiking rates despite weak economic data, meaning they're either idiots or are only hiking so they have room to drop back to zero some time in the future.
>china and russia stocking up on gold
>retail sales down, home ownership down, consumer debt higher than during height of 08 crash
>none of Trump's plans effectively cut debt or entitlements. his infrastructure plan alone will cost $1 trillion.
>US will either have to default on its debt, or just print so much money that it becomes worthless, triggering currency crisis.
>the recession grows bigger the longer govt tries to stop it. fed may let the bubble burst on trump's watch bc fuck drumpf

Get out of USD. Out out out.

>dat student loan debt expansion