Is biological determinism a valid theory for explaining observed material differences between nations and ethnicities...

Is biological determinism a valid theory for explaining observed material differences between nations and ethnicities throughout history? Can racial IQ gaps be entirely or mostly attributed to molecular factors? How much can psychometric differences between racial groups be accounted for by differences in culture, pollution, socioeconomic status, etc.?

Also, does the Flynn effect say anything substantive about the heredity of intelligence?

>Is biological determinism a valid theory for explaining observed material differences between nations and ethnicities throughout history?
Not enough evidence to say one way or another. There's so many factors that play into intelligence that nobody can reasonably, definitively say that it's true, and yet the mere existence of that correlation does make it a possibility.

On the practical side of things, why does it matter? Yes, a purely statistical analysis of demographic groups may be good on the larger scale, but those analyses should be examining the immediate reality of the situation and not some long-term theory.

Probably has a ton of weight on how people will do in life (and how they will do that).

I'm not a big Eugenics person though. I think people being different is fine.

Have we not started a reverse-Flynn effect in the last couple decades?

There is some evidence of such a trend in certain data sets

"Teasdale and Owen (2005) examined the results of IQ tests given to Danish male conscripts. Between 1959 and 1979 the gains were 3 points per decade. Between 1979 and 1989 the increase approached 2 IQ points. Between 1989 and 1998 the gain was about 1.3 points. Between 1998 and 2004 IQ declined by about the same amount as it gained between 1989 and 1998. They speculate that "a contributing factor in this recent fall could be a simultaneous decline in proportions of students entering 3-year advanced-level school programs for 16–18-year-olds."[45] The same authors in a more comprehensive 2008 study, again on Danish male conscripts, found that there was a 1.5 points increase between 1988 and 1998, but a 1.5 points decrease between 1998 and 2003/2004. A possible contributing factor to the recent decline may be changes in the Danish educational system. Another may be the rising proportion of immigrants or their immediate descendants in Denmark. This is supported by data on Danish draftees where first or second generation immigrants with Danish nationality score below average.[46]
In Australia, 6–11-year-olds' IQ, as measured by the Colored Progressive Matrices, has shown no increase from 1975–2003.[47]"

I remember one of the main explanation for the Flynn effect was increased lead levels in the bloodstream due to industrialization and that now that lead has been banned from gas, waterpipes and paints it went in reverse.

>Can racial IQ gaps be entirely or mostly attributed to molecular factors?
Genes aren't the only molecules. And brains are made up of lots of molecules.

A big reason why Africa is retarded is because of widespread malnutrition.

But lead lowers IQ

It's also been suggested that high rates of infectious disease could play a role

Yes, so if lead exposure is reduced in a population then phenotypic IQ should increase

more than leftists want to cede, but less than the Alt-Reich LARPers insist.

they explain r/k selection which means that populations adapting to winters will have higher cost offspring since they don't have rampant biohazards to cope with. the reverse case is for tropical humans.

This is the definitive answer atm annoyingly.

IQ is very important in explaining the differences in development between different nations.

Of course, IQ is not the sole determinant of the success of a nation: culture and historical circumstances also play an important role. Argentinians have a higher IQ than Saudis but a poorer country.

However think of IQ as a minimum baseline required for modern technological civilizations to be able to develop. The mass of people must be smart enough to satisfy the technical needs of an advanced economy. The average IQ of a country must be above that baseline for it to be able to modernize (the exact value of that baseline is debated. It's probably in the low 90s)

-Environmental factors can depress IQ, but can't increase it. IQ scores in Africa (low 70s) are most certainly depressed by nutrition. But one shouldn't overstate the influence of environmental factors. The IQ of black americans is 85, and they have 20% white blood: one could expect the african IQ to perhaps rise to the high 70s or low 80s, but not more.

Anyways it's kind of a chicken or egg problem, because bringing about the conditions which would lead to such an IQ increase requires a high enough IQ to begin with.

IQ is not however the sole "genetic" determinant of a country. Behavioral differences are also important (most notably individualism).

Nation or state?

It's also been theorized that infectious disease may have a direct physiological impact on cognitive development, regardless of how it may affect selection strategies in tropical populations

Only the IQ of the elites matters

Due to IQ being distributed on a bell curve, the number of high IQ individuals of a people depends on the average IQ of the people. And a small difference in average IQ can make a great difference in the number of high IQ people.

Only the vetting process for elite status matters.

That's assuming every population has the same standard deviation. And if every population has an elite group that always brings in new blood or marries among themselves

big time autismo /b/ KKKunt here, just wanted to say to OP, your title is hard as fuk man, i burned so many brane cells trying to understand it i became dizzy and my left testicle is still hurting

no doubt , which is subject to the population's average within the normal distribution. a group with an average of 95 will have more brainlets compared to an average of 100, which will have more human capital capable of being administers, entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. IQ is necessary for development, but not sufficient.

Are IQ tests in shit-tier African countries even reliable? What do /pol/yps have to say on this?

I heard that Rushton's results were biased and fabricated.

That is true, I made the assumption that you were talking about an indigenous elite, not a foreign elite.

do shit conditions create shit IQ or does shit IQ generate shit conditions? why is only one of these premises acceptable? you want to dispute the latter you must discard the scientific method.

Define shit conditions. Inuits and Siberians live in very shitty conditions (environmentally speaking) and yet they remain rather intelligent.

r/k section isn't even used anymore.
Everyone in the past had a ton of kids and only with development did it decrease.

r/k selection isnt used anymore as it oversimplifies raising of offspring. Also you can't really apply r/k selection to different groups of humans, as all humans are K type

This books isn't really that table at all. It's just basically like saying.

>Hey good nations with a developed human resource base tend to do good with their economy.

Do you have a sauce for that?

why is rebutting the presumption that sub-saharan africans are inherently stupid "unscientific"?
I refuse to believe that being born with pale skin magically makes me more intelligent than brown or black people.
why is "scientific racism" making such a comeback on the internet lately? you know it's complete horseshit, right?

so why have Korea and Japan excelled with substantially less western handholding while Africa despite raining in NGO and GO funds still struggling with the basics?

Inuit IQ is supposed to be 90 or 91 idk the exact score.

Because Korea had way more help from America. Also more developed institutions and a better starting base.

For Africa more money goes out of it then Aid that goes in.

The SAT is child's play and Asians are only good at it because they memorize the way to every answer. Further, math is for idiots.

Guess which Asians are in the 650-800 range? The ones paying. They're the same ones that pay to fraud their way into US universities.

Lol they received a lot of help from America. And it wasn't just food and drugs but trading with them and building infrastructure and securing property rights. I wouldn't be surprised if people in 100 years are wondering why African countries that received a lot of investment from China are better than African countries that received help from the U.S.

I wonder if you would look so hard for confounding factors and non-biological explanations if the OP had instead posted a graph depicting the Black-White SAT gap.

>China in Africa
>not just pimping them in the worst kind of neo-colonialism that makes them miss paleface
>not dumping their surplus males there due to one child policy to prevent a domestic beta uprising
poor example senpai

SAT are basically grinding with memorization and a money pit where more money thrown at your kid to get SAT prep tests, help and practice as well as better access to schools gets them better results.

One or the other you are bound to do good.

Try to form a coherent sentence.
>biology
STEM meme; irrelevant.
Yes, that's what I said. Thanks for echoing me.

That's complete bullshit though. Don't know why western nations are obsessed with paining this "China is colonizing Africa" that's complete bullshit.

do Chinks have their own equivalent of hasbara now?

That's wrong though. The SAT is basically an established crypto iq test.

I know China isn't doing it to be nice but they are actually helping a few African countries to become integrated into the world economy. SK and Japan didn't become developed by eating bushmeat and having high illiteracy rates

No. One's testing for mental retardation in kids for it's original purpose. The other is for testing College and academic aptitude in teens.

The idea that it's just skin colour is unscientific. We have different facial features, different bodies, We're vulnerable to different diseases.
If IQ also varies it's because of biology and the result of evolving in slightly different environments not magic.

>We're vulnerable to different diseases
give some examples.
>If IQ also varies it's because of biology and the result of evolving in slightly different environments not magic
it makes sense to me that intelligence should be governed to *some* degree by genetics, but I fail to see what the hell race has to do with it

>If IQ also varies it's because of biology and the result of evolving in slightly different environments not magic.

Which biology and which environment? A ton of it is adhoc as fuck and extremely historical ignorant in most cases.

malaria is less of an issue for blacks but this is because they are more prone to sickle cell which prevents malaria. This is the main reason they were brought to the Americas as labor.
Race is merely breed, do you consider all dog breeds to have uniform intelligence?

>no source
>misspells enrollment

yes, user, that picture is very believable. lel

Sickle cell is one example but like It's isn't an African condition at all( heavily varies on that front as well, People who chopped trees down which led to more water stagnation for farming have higher rates of it then those who didn't engage in actions that indirectly promote it). It manifests everywhere were Malaria is/was prevalent like India and Italy in the past.

Whites have a much higher rate of Huntington Disease, Jews have a much higher rate of Tay-Sachs disease, etc.

Jews it's due to inbreeding in select groups among Ashekenazim. Other Jews don't face that.

No it's not, and IQ is nonsense as well. It's child's play and is merely a preparation test.

Which is why niggers easily study for it and always score in the 130s.

Right?

Blacks are among the least cared for of those that take the SAT. Whereas in Asian cultures, there is a name for the type of parent that obsessively directs their child's live.

>Blacks are among the least cared for of those that take the SAT
Why do they require a special extra care, if they are not inherently stupider?

They don't, they aren't cared for academically by their parents except in rare cases.

because their parents aren't that educable and such things are inherited. Even blacks who are gifted will regress to their biological mean over generations.

Wrong. Stop shitposting.
IQ is a nonmetric.

show me the peer-review.

>peer-review
Fuck off, ideologue

>science isn't real

hm

It's not.

true t b h family

>Even blacks who are gifted will regress to their biological mean over generations.

maybe i'm misinterpreting your post but doesn't your own pic show why that statement is at best, extremely disingenuous and at worst, probably fuckwrong?
like, having parents who foster your intellectual development is probably gonna contribute a decent amount to your educational ethic, etc

>i get the joke

not really, no studies have given that much credit to environmental factors. In fact it remains more unclear after 100 years of IQ research. From studies of adopted twin seperated at birth, it is 60% hereditary at the most conservative ie more nature than nurture.

Except even ""white"" north africans in European schools underachieve, and black africans don't achieve at all in the same setting. Most are quietly sent back because they're /pol/'s wet dream of "ficky ficky": perfect justification for racism.