Paganism

Can Veeky Forums educate me on Norse Paganism? Wherever i go to find info its always the edgy wiccan shit, i wanna learn what paganism really was about. Or at least what we know of if.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHrPovKBAdw
youtube.com/channel/UCXCxNFxw6iq-Mh4uIjYvufg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A bunch of white dindus worshiped a bunch of magical white dindus who kept tricking, fucking, and killing each other.

The end.

read the Icelandic sagas and the Eddas

>i wanna learn what paganism really was about.
You really can't. The only sources that exist of Norse paganism were written by Christian monks long after Christianization had already happened and don't record things very accurately (see Snorri's euhumerization of everything). Pretty much the best you can do is read the Eddas and learn about what stories survived the missionaries.

>see Snorri's euhumerization of everything
That's the Prose Edda, in which Snorri gives his personal opinion on everything. He recorded the Poetic Edda as he heard it.

Runestones can tell a great deal about norse paganism of course many of them have christian influence but not all.

ask varg

This.

Our famalam Varg wrote a little book "Reflections on European Mythology and Polytheism" where he gives his viewpoint on the traditions. He attempts to strip them from their Christian interpretation.

Check out Hurstwic on YouTube they have decent lectures.

youtube.com/watch?v=DHrPovKBAdw

>everything is fully predestined
>everything will always continue to be miserable
>you either get killed bravely in combat or to go to cold hell
>if you die properly and go to valhalla you spend everyday feasting and fighting in glorious battle with the other people who died and went to valhalla together with the gods
>you are still doomed to be eventually defeated along with your gods by the ice giants

The very basic overview of the norse pagan world outlook

This guy's channel is great

youtube.com/channel/UCXCxNFxw6iq-Mh4uIjYvufg/

Not OP but thank you, I want to learn Icelandic and this channel has some interesting topics.

Just just general pagan stuff of gods ducking people and killing, however magic came from being a male, so Odin sucks hanged criminals all the time to stay strong. Also, a very strong caste system

These were made by Christians.

>how do I learn about real nazism
>read the Nuremberg trials
>that was made by the Jews though

Only Reading the Nuremberg trials would give you a very biased and one sided view, yes.

The Norse only nominally converted to Christianity. Modern Scandinavian culture (specifically in Sweden) is a very close approximation of Norse culture.

hol' up

It shows.

This. We still use the Pagan name for "Christmas" (more like winter solstice), Jul. I've also heard that Santa was originally inspired from Odin. The mistletoe thing is also a Norse thing, from when Loki killed another god with a mistletoe.

Regarding OP, as another user said, everything is predestined. Everything is set in stone, and you can't change it. There are seers, Völva, that can see the future but you can't change the future. Odin cannot win the final battle but he's sure as hell trying. If you really want to learn about this stuff, read the Icelandic Sagas, Snorri Sturlasson is great (however, take it with a grain of salt. He was a Christian after all, so the stuff might not be entirely impartial)

subtle

>that thing about mistletoe giving you a kiss is like an IRL trap fucking someone with mistletoe
Reading, now that's a great English city
But seriously it gives a basic understanding of nazism, like OPasked for a basic understanding of odinism

Finnish paganism ftw though.

Nice fallacy

To learn about nazism you read Mein Kampf and the various Nazis authors

There's people there who still praciace Norse paganism, although it's mostly a meme

>Poorly masked neonazi movement

Whatever you say kehitysvammainen :)