>africa was decolonized

Other urls found in this thread:

ancient.eu/article/149/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Hula
books.google.com/books?id=Za_xPPsxhmwC
history.army.mil/books/wwii/MacArthur Reports/MacArthur V2 P2/ch19.htm
norpacwar.com/kurile-photo-missions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>If the U.S. didn't nuke Japan, the Soviets would have invaded and it would have been divided a la Korea

>Zoroastrianism was where Judaism and Abrahamic monotheism in general got Monotheistic ideas, despite the fact that we really have no idea what Zoroastrianism was like circa 580 B.C.

Where are the proofs

Except that first part is true. just saying it's a meme doesn't make it so.

>Germany would've gone into another recession if it didn't go to World War II despite they can just cut spending and not fuck around with other countries

Tell me where the Soviets were going to come up with the amount of ships you needed to cross the Sea of Japan (a notoriously treacherous sea at that) to invade?

Herodotus wrote a large part of what we know about Zoroastrian philosophy actually

The Soviets had no capability to perform the scale of invasion that would be needed to secure Hokkaido, let alone get anywhere else. The Kurils themselves weren't even completely subdued by the time that Japan surrendered, and those were defended enormously more lightly than any part of the home island.

They had no sealift manufacturing to speak of, and were relying on the Americans lending them landing craft to get the stuff to the Kurils. There is 0 possibility of the Soviets invading JJapan absent the Americans deciding that they should, which makes no sense from either a tactical or a strategic point of view. It is a retarded fucking meme.

Who was gonna stop them from doing so? The US crippled Japan on the sea to the point where it was bombing the entire country into uselessness.

The only way the US could've stopped the Soviets from attempting to invade Japan would be to fight the Soviets, or to force Japan to surrender before the Soviets got involved. Those were the only 2 options to prevent the USSR from gaining territory in the far east.

see

You act like the Soviets would've met with resistance while unloading into Japan while japan had it's entire navy crippled and the US was also invading. The Japanese would've be able to stop them from invading.

Not only that, the US didn't know if the Soviets were capable or not. So it doesn't matter if they weren't (they were).

Not really, no. His description of their religious practices is pretty much standard syncretic polytheistic stuff, and the only one that could be considered supporting a claim that Zoroastrianism as we know it today was practiced by contemporary Persians (itself about a century after the Babylonian Exile of the Jews) is a belief that the Gods (plural) are not to be represented.

ancient.eu/article/149/

So wait.

Zoroaster was alive between 8 and 10,000 years BC. Zoroastrianism today maintains the monotheistic theology.

There is no record of schism or reformation. Nothing hints to this.

But you assert that Zoroastrianism picked up Monotheistic certainty from the Jewish religion?

You have nothing to suggest this.

>Who was gonna stop them from doing so? The US crippled Japan on the sea to the point where it was bombing the entire country into uselessness.

Nobody needed to "stop them from doing so" It takes time to build the literally thousands of transport ships you need to do to embark on an Olympic or Overlord style invasion. The Soviets didn't have the ships, and they didn't have the time or the industrial base in the Pacific to do so. To transport a bit over 5 divisions for D-Day took over four THOUSAND vessels. And then more still to supply and reinforce them until a harbor could be captured.

> or to force Japan to surrender before the Soviets got involved.

Which is a certainty, since it would take literally years for the Soviets to construct the kind of fleet they'd need to have any sort of impact in Japan on their own, and there's no way they're lasting that long.

>You act like the Soviets would've met with resistance while unloading into Japan

Yes, the same resistance that they met on places like the Kurils when they tried to invade; the Soviets had virtually no experience whatsoever with amphibious assaults, and their artillery heavy doctrines unsurprisingly ran into a lot of trouble when you have to invade with small boats of shallow draft which can't easily transport your 152mm guns.

>Not only that, the US didn't know if the Soviets were capable or not.

Of course they did. There's Project Hula, which was the entirety of their surface navy in the Pacific, gifted by the U.S., and I'm sure they kept records. And it's not like the Americans were unaware of the progress (or lack thereof) in the Kuril island assaults.

>Zoroaster was alive between 8 and 10,000 years BC

You mean 800 and 1,500, I believe.

>There is no record of schism or reformation. Nothing hints to this.

There's no record of ANYTHING. The oldest manuscript we have of a Zoroastrian text is from the 11th century A.D. The oldest text we have even directly mentioning what are clearly Zoroastrian beliefs is from the Sassanid era (I want to say 6th century A.D., but I don't remember offhand)

>But you assert that Zoroastrianism picked up Monotheistic certainty from the Jewish religion?

That is not what I said and certainly not what I believe. I'm saying that with so little information available, making any kind of claim about who influenced whom and when is untenable.

Fucking Alexander the Great Firebug

>It was posted on Veeky Forums so it must be a Veeky Forums meme

Literally worse than 9gag.

Don't speak the cursed word, for you will summon them hence

> human rights are dumb

>Nobody needed to "stop them from doing so" It takes time to build the literally thousands of transport ships you need to do to embark on an Olympic or Overlord style invasion. The Soviets didn't have the ships

Again, the US didn't know that until...whatever, decades after it happened. Also, to imply the soviets had NO ships, I don't buy it. Source?

> the Soviets had virtually no experience whatsoever with amphibious assaults

Which doesn't matter, because Japan wouldn't have been able to put up any type of fight at all. The soviets could've invaded with civilian and merchant ships for all that matters. Or they could've stormed mainland china previously held by the Japanese and made claim to that territory.

>And it's not like the Americans were unaware of the progress (or lack thereof) in the Kuril island assaults.

Wrong, because the Soviets managing to mass produce war materials against the Germans was a surprise to everyone (even though it happened in WWI as well). It happened twice and the US learned a lesson from it.

They don't get their own money, but they make up about half of it with foreign aid, and also get large amounts of military support. But its all to maintain dependence on Jewish capital anyhow.

>because Japan wouldn't have been able to put up any type of fight at all

ACKTUALLY, they'd mustered all of their forces to the home island for the defense.

Ketsu-go, nigger

>Again, the US didn't know that until whatever, decades after it happened.

No, the Americans knew what was involved in WW2 era beach invasions because they did them all the time.

> Also, to imply the soviets had NO ships, I don't buy it. Source?

I didn't say they have no ships, but they don't have enough ships to support an invasion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Hula

The main internal citation of the wiki article comes from here

books.google.com/books?id=Za_xPPsxhmwC

>Which doesn't matter, because Japan wouldn't have been able to put up any type of fight at all.

This is also completely untrue.

history.army.mil/books/wwii/MacArthur Reports/MacArthur V2 P2/ch19.htm

>With these activations, the line strength of the Homeland defense armies (including Hokkaido) was brought to 30 line combat divisions,76 24 coastal combat divisions, two armored divisions, seven a tank brigades, 23 independent mixed brigades, and three infantry brigades.77

Yes, most of these divisions would have been shit. But they're still capable of shooting guys trying to hop off of transports on civilian vessels.

> Or they could've stormed mainland china previously held by the Japanese and made claim to that territory.

That is definitely the case, in fact, almost certainly the case, and would have interesting impacts on the Chinese civil war. But that is not related to the claim made in my original post, namely about the division and partial Soviet occupation of Japan.

>cause the Soviets managing to mass produce war materials against the Germans was a surprise to everyone (even though it happened in WWI as well).

Are you legitimately retarded? That comparison is so specious that I'm having trouble believing someone would actually write it. Yes, the Americans knew what was going on (generally) in the Kurils, because they sent reconnaissance flights there.

norpacwar.com/kurile-photo-missions

Stop.
This board does not understand memes.
Simplicity + Truth = Humor

>No, the Americans knew what was involved in WW2 era beach invasions because they did them all the time.

Oh, right, the US and the USSR basically traded all of their military secrets, numbers, tech, ect. I forgot how that was totally a thing that happened.

I hope you can see that I'm being sarcastic.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Hula

All that says it the US gave ships to the USSR...which goes against your claim that there were NO ships, or not enough. Even though the US gave them some with the intent that they would join them in Japan, which is what the US was trying to prevent. Did you even read the article you just posted?

Japan would've been able to put up resistance on land, but they would not have been able to stop anyone out at sea. If Japan held off ground invasions for, say, another year, that would've been enough time for the USSR, now done with the war in Germany, to join in Japan and mainland China at full force.

> That comparison is so specious that I'm having trouble believing someone would actually write it. Yes, the Americans knew what was going on (generally) in the Kurils, because they sent reconnaissance flights there.

This was before the Cold War, before all the technological advancements of the Cold War. You really think the US knew that much? Again, the US gave the USSR enough ships to help invade Japan in the first place. Based on YOUR sources. So the ships given to them, PLUS whatever else the USSR would've been able to produce while a longterm ground invasion of Japan was happening.

the only link you posted coming close to your claim i the wiki article, and even that isn't agreeing with you.

>There's no record of ANYTHING. The oldest manuscript we have of a Zoroastrian text is from the 11th century A.D. The oldest text we have even directly mentioning what are clearly Zoroastrian beliefs is from the Sassanid era (I want to say 6th century A.D., but I don't remember offhand)
Is Hinduism older than?

Stalin ordered a VERY rushed plan for taking Hokkaido after the Japanese surrender. IIRC they could squeeze out enough ships for a division plus a lot of air support, but any opposition at the port would have sunk enough ships to prevent the whole unit from deploying and being supplied properly.

The Soviets could have taken Hokkaido, but it would have had to go literally perfectly with no Japanese bombers getting through the air force and almost zero fighting in the port itself. Stalin loved making facts on the ground, but there's a point where you have to stop.

>bad things are only bad if Jews do them

>Oh, right, the US and the USSR basically traded all of their military secrets, numbers, tech, ect. I forgot how that was totally a thing that happened.

Neither can you easily hide a fuckhuge invasion fleet in a zone under surveillance.

> Even though the US gave them some with the intent that they would join them in Japan . Did you even read the article you just posted?

>Specifically in preparation for planned Soviet invasions of southern Sakhalin and the Kuril islands

Pot, meet kettle. You'll also note how the project was suspended out of fears that the Soviets were growing too big for their britches and with the change in priorities when Truman took the helm.

>All that says it the US gave ships to the USSR...which goes against your claim that there were NO ships, or not enough.

Learn to read.

>Many people believed that Project Hula would have given the Soviet Union the ability to invade the Japanese home islands. However, many historians agreed it was still not enough for the Soviets to pose a serious threat to Tokyo. As of 20 December 1945, 3,741 American lend-lease ships were given to the Soviets, 36 of which were capable of mounting an invasion of Japan. This was clearly not enough to pose a large threat to Japanese forces in the mainland.[42] Given how the Soviets conducted in their invasions of southern Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands with limited U.S. Navy ships and landing craft, it was likely that Soviets would not have succeeded in taking entire Japanese-occupied territories, including Hokkaido.

>Japan would've been able to put up resistance on land, but they would not have been able to stop anyone out at sea.

>The Battle of Shumshu lasted for five days in which the Soviets lost over 516 troops and five of the sixteen landing ships (most of these ships were ex-U.S. Navy) to Japanese coastal artillery while the Japanese lost over 256 troops

> If Japan held off ground invasions for, say, another year, that would've been enough time for the USSR, now done with the war in Germany, to join in Japan and mainland China at full force.

Once again, we are talking about the possibility, or lack thereof, of the Soviets invading Japan itself.

>This was before the Cold War, before all the technological advancements of the Cold War. You really think the US knew that much?

I think they knew if there were or weren't hundreds or even thousands of ships.

>Again, the US gave the USSR enough ships to help invade Japan in the first place. Based on YOUR sources

>On 5 September 1945, a few hours after Soviet forces completed their occupation of the Kuril Islands, Maxwell received orders to cease transfers of ships other than those for which Soviet crews already were in training; this cancelled the transfer of two patrol frigates, five auxiliary motor minesweepers, and 24 submarine chasers. The stop-transfer order caught some of the ships scheduled for transfer, including the patrol frigates USS Annapolis (PF-15) and USS Bangor (PF-16), while they were at sea bound from the U.S. West Coast to Cold Bay. The other ships turned back, but Annapolis and Bangor pressed on to Cold Bay, took aboard American personnel requiring transportation to the continental United States, and steamed back to Seattle

Beg pardon?

It's a meme in that the reality is atom bombs were needed to get Japan to surrender. There was never a real threat of the USSR invading.

>Who was gonna stop them from doing so?
The fucking water? What, were they going to have two million soldiers doggy paddle to japan?

>Dixie basing its entire economy on rape, militaristic expansion,forcibly separating families and generally beating the dogshit out of millions of people until their spirits are broken and will work for free, is just a way of life that should be respected and a necessary evil at worst.

>Meanwhile Lincoln and the Yankees taking on a little too many emergency war powers during a possibly existential war and taking military actions against an insurrectionist Dixie (who fired the first shots) is a crime against all humanity and an affront to justice and decency.

Everything being a spook

>this triggers the stormcuck

but muh lost cause :(