Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sırp_Sındığı
youtube.com/watch?v=-FkIJEmOyoA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cartagena_de_Indias
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlora_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>beat hitler
>immediately get CLEMMED

I found it interesting how they got rekt by the Portugese but managed to beat the Dutch in a few centuries (even though the Dutch had a much superior navy than most others at the time).

But here's another one OP. Can somebody post that Chinese-British one?

How

They got comfy and didn't industrialize like most of the world.

Thanks.

Here's another one. This battle was between the Ottoman Empire (which had a force of 10,000) and the Serbian Empire. the Bulgarian Empire, the Banate of Bosnia, the kingdom of Hungary and some European crusaders sent by the Pope (the entirety of the force was between 30,000 to 60,000).

The Balkan troops lost about eight times the soldiers that the Ottomans did (they lost about 1000 men) and Serbs got JUST so hard, this battle was called Sırp Sındığı or "Destruction of the Serbs".

The Ottomans were nigh invincible in their hay day. They deserve a lot more credit on Veeky Forums desu.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sırp_Sındığı

Another one for the Portuguese.

JVST

>one of the soldiers who fought in your campaign usurps you
JUST

>Churchill beat Hitler
the soviets, americans and canadians could've won without britain

ROACHES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's the beauty of it. Churchill fought to save democracy, then was immediately voted out.

I have a gut feeling this is not a real wiki article

Forgive me but what is a JUST moment? I've looked it up to no avail.

b-but muh katanas

>April 30th, 1945

shittier ships, lack of cannon

Der Untergang is pure JUSTkino

> At one point in history, the British Empire was the Combine.

>Nice try, Englishman, but watch this! T.E Lawrence ain't got shit me.

>When you JUST the entire British-Belgian colonial armies with a few dozen German officers and men and a couple thousand locals.

>/r/The_Donald
I hate these guys, they think they are /pol/.

w-woah

so this is why serbs are eternally butthurt by muslims?

Oh Serbs, never change.

They ARE /pol/. Proper /pol/ vanished once they introduced flags and ID's.

I really fucking hate them, they sperge out and leak to other boards. Why must le reddit do this to us? Haven't we suffered enough?

Cochin was in the middle of a lagoon, which required a lot of ford-crossing for any invading armies. Portuguese ships could fire cannons like a motherfucker, and had the added bonus of being protected by pillows and extra wooden planks on the hull which effectively negated all the Indian cannons save for like 2 that were secretly built by two Venetian engineers who snuck over to the subcontinent with one of the Portuguese armadas.

Over the course of several battles they held the invading army back at fords, and honestly were just lucky with their speed and maneuvering in a lot of places. Cholera spread in the enemy camps which killed like 3 times as many as the battles. Plus, there were no secrets in the invading army's camp. Despite the area being a lagoon, it was populated by a ton of villages, so you had villagers listening in and then sprinting off to tell the Portuguese. Meanwhile the Portuguese spoke Portuguese so the villagers there could only snoop and report on what they were physically doing.

Also, the Portuguese had Duarte Pacheco Pereira there, an age of exploration superhero.

Jesus fucking Christ. I mean it's incredible to look at the casualty figures but reading through the actual course of the battle really just hammers home how ridiculous it was. 150 men holding off 60 000 for 4 months, with plenty of active combat, without a single fatality. 4 Fucking boats fending off waves of 20 at a time while simultaneously firing on the beach to prevent artillery crews from forming there. Shuttling your men between two fords as the tide changes because one is only accessible at high tide while the other is only accessible at low tide. Fighting off several thousand men and dozens of ships over the course of two assaults with only a day to prepare. And during all of this, Duarte manages to find the time to write a groundbreaking book on navigation and the tides.

I thought you were exaggerating when you said Pereira was a superhero but Jesus Christ you were not.

Honestly reading the bit about how the Raja gave Duarte a coat of arms based on his exploits in the battle and was all cut up when he had to return to Portugal gave me feels.

I seriously want to see this battle televised. Not as a movie, you'd be left with less than 10 minutes per assault, but maybe as a 1-hour-per-episode kinda miniseries, with each episode covering an assault (with some covering the breaks in assaults where appropriate). This is now my dream series.

Stop bullying India

>so you had villagers listening in and then sprinting off to tell the Portuguese.

Wait how could they tell them anything if the villagers did not speak their language? And sounds like it was a well-played game of tower defense if im understanding it correctly.

Interpreters, user. Knowing more than your native tongue was very uncommon except for the upper classes and merchants, of which peasants are neither. But the Portuguese had access to all the resources a minor king could muster, which no doubt included interpreters. Or else, the Portuguese had some among their number who learned the native tongue and functioned as their own interpreters.

It's short for Just Fuck My Shit Up

>fantasize about a glorious Scottish trading Empire
>hear that there's a place in Panama with excellent conditions
>decide to invest half my country's wealth into colonizing it
>send thousands of settlers to establish the colony
>turns out the Darien gap is a hellhole
>nearly all the settlers die including my wife and child
>brings about financial ruin for the country of Scotland
>after I escape back to Scotland I urge my now broke country to form the UK with England
>been cucked ever since

Both went JUST

Do you know how bad it is on that board? There are bots and all sorts of people coming in and trying to create chaos. It is quite sad actually.

>T H I R T E E N S H I P S

rhodesians made all their equipment themselves and still btfo half of southern africa.

>casualties: a lot of time time, my sides

/mlpol/ proved otherwise

Delet this

I dont understand this post. Wasnt this battle a weeb victory?

Scotland and India have the distinction of being two countries who were totally undone by the English and have really never recovered from it. Well, the Indians have recovered a little, I guess.

All green areas have ottoman influence, except bulgaria. We rule them 400 years, but they are still shit...

>be King of Aragon
>small army of crusaders invades my kingdom because of some bullshit heresy
>massively outnumber them
>wise and experienced advisor tells me to take a defensive position and wear the enemy down with arrows/javelins before they can even reach my army
>"No! That's unknightly and dishonorable!"
>ignore him completely and personally lead a direct cavalry charge wearing the armor of a common soldier
>cavalry immediately gets annihilated and I get ripped off my horse
>"No! Wait! B-but I'm the kin-"
>killed on the spot
>entirely army flees

Peter II commands an army like a 10 year old playing a Total War battle for the first time

He should have known better than to shelter, or otherwise ignore, heresy. The Church doesn't have time for that shit.

>Axis
cringe

Janissaries were Europeans though and not Turkic.

>americans and canadians

I don't get it, r/the_donald is mostly alt-lite, they don't browse stormfront or hard altright websites

>no BLACKED logo

Are you listening to yourself?

>Veeky Forums
rly makes u think...

>Japanese victory
Victory is an odd concept.

Not much of a victory if you lose hundreds of men trying to kill 40 people.

>"No! Wait! B-but I'm the kin-"
>killed on the spot

Look it up
>Unsourced on Wikipedia
>It actually comes from a medieval chanson where the king and the count see a bunch of soldiers fleeding and they ordered them to stay and fight.

oh rome how low have you fallen

Well obviously Turks are going to wash their hands more, they wipe the shit off with their bare hands.

>be Rommel
>get humiliated by exiled forces

How do the Italians manage to die of frostbite during summer?

But that's just wrong you history illiterate mongoloid.

The voyage of the Baltic fleet in the Russia-Japan war.
Basically Britain closed of access to the Suez Canal to Russia for destroying its ships (and during this attack the Russian destroyed some of their own ships because of mistaken identity) so the Baltic fleet had to navigate around the west coast of Africa.
It then needed to make a stop in Madagascar for fueling and during that stop someone died of disease so the crew needed to then hold a funeral.
It finally navigated to Japan after seven months and upon reaching it was destroyed almost immediately by the Japanese navy.

It's like something out of Coen Brothers movie

>Traveled seven months to the destination just for getting BTFO by the Japs

The real question of the day is how they lost a submarine in a alpine battle...

Gob-smacking moments.

newfags get out

But we don't know the strenvth of the other force...

greatest ally

>Republican party vs Republican party
Oh yus.

Well @realDonaldTrump, at least I will go down as a president!

youtube.com/watch?v=-FkIJEmOyoA

Is my description inaccurate?

ENTIRE
ARMY
DESTROYED

Bad English translation
He said, "Here is your King!", showing defiance in the face of death.

this is sad, do they actual believe this?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cartagena_de_Indias

It reminds me of that time during the Russo-Turkish Wars where the Russians kept thrashing the Turks in battle but then died by the tens of thousands to disease and lack of food in Crimea, which along with their allies getting TURK'D and the oncoming of another war forced them to sue for peace.

THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED

>UK democracy was in danger.

Maybe from Churchill himself.

Holy shit, can I have some context for the battle?

>it's just some Albanians, what could go wron-

COMING DOWN THE MOUNTAINSIDE

>Issa jussa some Ubanians, what could go wro-

I feel a bit bad for the sailors, they travelled so long and a crew mate died. They were meant to save the day for Russia but instead made things worse and then got destroyed.

The Free French were in an old fort and Rommel's force consisted primarily off Italian troops, but Axis made them sound tougher.

Those same Italians comprised the majority of Rommel's forces that regularly drubbed the Brits.

>/leftypol/ and reddit jealous that their propaganda is irrelevant.

Atleast they got something out of it...

>Cholera spread in the enemy camps which killed like 3 times as many as the battles.
reeeeeeeee

Wasn't Attlee considered the best PM?

JUST