There is literally nothing wrong with having $1,000,000 in a standard savings account

There is literally nothing wrong with having $1,000,000 in a standard savings account.

>nothing wrong with losing money

>throwing away $30,000 every year

L O L
O
L

If you put that into index funds you would actually have $40000 a year to live off of. NEET, without the leech.

On top of that, only a quarter of that will be insured by the fdic.

If you put that in bitcoin you will have 100 million by 2025.

That assumes that bitcoin will continue at the current rate of growth.

Index funds are more safe, and I have no need for 100 million anyhow

Certificate of Deposit (aka Term Deposit) is a better option if don't need the money for a period of time, it gives you a better rate of return. Treasury bonds are also another good option.

>not turning it into gold to protect against inflation

Index funds are only safe if the stock market continues its trajectory upward, which is all but impossible given Yellen constantly barking about raising rates and ending QE since Trump's been elected. There's going to be a serious retracement, I'd advise hedge funds for once with good active management.

Hey guys, Veeky Forumslet here. I have $80k in my savings account. It's not for making money, more for just putting it away so I don't spend it. What would be a better way to save?

It does a lot of the time. It has its ups and downs, of course, but on average it grows about 7% a year.

Buy a few thousand worth of AMD and thank me in a couple years

>Index funds are more safe, and I have no need for 100 million anyhow

what a cuck argument

I'm talking more about something that generates guaranteed interest over time. I already have like 5k invested in LTC at the moment.

Crashes don't last very long. What the media calls a "Crash" is just a buying opportunity.

"It landed on heads ten times, I'd bet my house on this next toss"

lol do u really think yellen ending QE is a political move?

>Index funds are more safe
Lol.

I don't see how I am a cuck, I mentioned nowhere that I enjoyed seeing a lover of mine copulating with another man.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not going to link you the various analysis that prove my point, please do a simple Google search.

I'm sorry for my wrong opinion. I will take all of my money out of my dangerous index funds, and put it into Bitcoin instead.

>I'm sorry for my wrong opinion. I will take all of my money out of my dangerous index funds, and put it into Bitcoin instead.
Smart man.

It's not a crash that's coming, it's a revergence to the mean. It's no secret that stocks are totally overvalued by up to 50% due to QE and free lending. If you cut off the free credit pump, those stocks won't recover 50% of their value any time soon.

The Fed is often called the militant wing of the Democratic Party in certain circles in DC. Historically, they are correct. I personally think the election was rigged for Hillary, and then last minute, the Fed's policy outlook became so untenable that they rejigged it for Trump to be the fall guy. They haven't raised rates in 12 years and then all of a sudden there's three in one year? Pretty damning.

>what is tail risk
USA, China and Russia could ban any exchange trading bitcoin overnight and the market would be FUCKED

>The Fed is often called the militant wing of the Democratic Party in certain circles in DC. Historically, they are correct.
U sure about that? Bernanke was a republican and he got more hate than yellen for QE

>>believing the Fed gives a fuck if it's R or D.

Also, QE has been winding down since 2014, so I don't think the interest rate hikes are political

I'm well aware of The Fed printing out an unprecedented amount of money to prop up the economy, and I'm also aware of the 10 year treasury bonds yields decreasing as more people buy them, despite the Fed claiming they'll increase rates again. The economy has grown though. Particularly the tech sector, bank regulations are also being reduced. You're not the first batch of doomsday callers and you won't be the last. No matter what, the S&P has always bounced backed from a correction (mean reversion) or Crash. The only time you have to worry about the US dollar's value is when no one accepts it as payment. Precious metals are a good hedge against this, but there's not going to be some almighty, unrecoverable crash. If it does happen, don't be deluded into thinking crypto will somehow rocket up in value. If a Crash on the scale you believe ever does happen in this era, cash is king, no wants any market involvement at all.

>If a Crash on the scale you believe ever does happen in this era, cash is king
wut

This dude knows what's up. I was preaching AMD back at $2 in a n old Veeky Forums slack chat and got laughed at.

What happens during a crash is that people withdraw their funds out of the investments they believe are not worth holding on to, this means liquidating into cash.

They also buy gold and hard assets as those are the most useful in a crash

fiat is useless if a government decides to "intervene" with insane QE

>index funds
Tell that to Nikkei holders boomer

Cryptocurrency is where its at f a m
Half in BTC, half in ETH, #YOLO