Why did the Allies let him live after everything he allowed to happen?

Why did the Allies let him live after everything he allowed to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan
nytimes.com/books/98/11/22/specials/ambrose-atrocities.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmed_Enemy_Forces
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In Post-Edo Japan the emperor basically became a symbol of worship, and it was eventually decided to strip him of all discretionary power but leave him as a figurehead leader. This was both to make the occupation/democratization process easier to swallow for the Japanese population and, from the American perspective, to build up Japan as a bulwark against communist expansion in East Asia.

because the people would have rioted and rebeled if their grorious god emperor was killed

Why contain it?

The Military was essentially the government throughout the entire conflict. Hirohito himself recited a poem from one of his grandfathers about how "all men across the seas are brothers."

Then of course war actually happened, and he barely batted an eye at the atrocities being committed. Either way, if his intentions were noble or ignoble, he had little in the way of actual power to do anything about it.

>Why did America, the great arbiter of freedom, democracy, and justice, allow this man to live?

Because reducing the nip """god""" to a useless autist who spent his days studying fucking hydrozoa wouldn't cause the rest of the 4 foot war criminals to chimp out

to piss off all the chinks and gooks for the next 70 years.

Japan got away far to easily compared to Germany.
I really wish Stalin had captured this faggot instead of America.
the collective butthurt over his death would have been glorious

He was never seen as doing much wrong but I have my doubts and suspicions. Tojo said at the trial he never disobeyed the emperors wishes and it was Hirohito who ordered the suicides at Saipan. Maybe more innocent then he's government but I'm very suspicious of his actions in the war after reading about him.

thats american and japanese historical revisionism to justify this hypocrisy.
the emperor had alot more power then they admits

He was just a figurehead with little power. He dindu nuffin.

t. Xinghao Kim

Why should the allies have punished Japan more? The war was over, they were no longer a threat. Keeping Hirohito alive and rebuilding the infrastructure made Japan an ally forever. A living ally is better than a dead enemy.

t. Pleasu Fuckmejama Americanu

This

Why should the allies punish Germany more? the war was over Hitler was dead.

>Japan got nuked twice
>Germany received financial aid as well
>Germany got punished more

The Americans had to appease the European Butthurt Brigade and Germany was an unfortunate casualty. The US had a freer hand when it came to post war Japan.

So should Hitler have been kept alive and turned into an ally after the war was over too?

Germanys national pride was reduced to collective shame of the holocaust, Nips stil brags about their war crimes.
the Americans should have guilt trip the japs the same way they did to germans (they literally threated Germans as kids who needs to be scolded).
but i doubt it would work since yamatoniggers unlike Germans lacks any form off common decency and respect for their fellow man.
Literally a nation of psychopaths.
Americans should have genocided them while they had the chance.

>implying Hirohito is comparable to Hitler

The Japanese emperor has always been a meme since Samurai era.

>European Butthurt Brigade
Hey guys, I just started the bloodiest conflict in history just 20 years after the previous. But p-pls no bully ;_;

those "nukes" where literally nothing
>implying japan didn't get built up by americans and received financial aid

>implying Germany didn't as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

Germany got fucked by the Soviets, not Americans.

Germans lost half their coubtry and their national pride was killed. Japs just oost their colonies

fpbp

What?

i didn't say they didn't.

>more focused on punishing the Germans instead of countering the USSR
You Yuros are the reason we won the war but lost the peace.

Why is it that Koreans get grouped up into gooks when it's refers to southeast Asia more generally

The most offensive thing to Asians is to confuse them with different Asians.

>implying the captured wehrmacht prisoners wouldn't be released and refitted with weapons and sent against the soviets if George S. "American Zhukov" Patton was in charge

Those two nukes were a drop in the bucket relative to the carpet bombs plastered over dozens of japanese cities prior, all of which was a drop in the bucket relative to non-Nazi German losses. Quit spewing shit.

Japan lost the Sakhalin island and Prussia was technically a colony as well.

>Japan lost the Sakhalin island
wow literally nothing, meanwhile the Germans lost and got forcefully removed from like one third of their territory. including the land the modern German state originated
>Prussia is a colony
thats not how it works buddy,
if thats the definition you can argue that every land that had another people in it before the current one is a colony,
which would make all the land in the world be considered a colony

Yaknow Hitler fucking shot himself, and it was Soviets that took Berlin, right?

>implying they wouldn't have killed him if they got him alive
ok should Göring have been spared and instead be put as head of state off post-war Germany?

not even the prime ministers had any power. for fks how many of them were killed to end the taisho democracy...

Japan got more and more dependant on its links to China, specially Manchuria, which was the basis for army independence from the government.

to blame the emperor, or even the government for atrocities is a fallacy from modern standards of international law.

A more direct comparison would be the military leaders that ran the country in Japan compared to Hitler and friends.
And funny enough, the leadership in Japan did kill themselves for the most part.

>Hirohito had no power
when will this meme die?
Bullshit the Manchurian army didn't rape Korea and Nanjing, they didn't commit massacres in south east asia, it was all dirty Japs

tokyo had little power, much less hirohito. it was a fait acocmpli festival since the end of the taisho era. just go and see for yourself how many cabinet members had to be assassinated before the militarists had the upper hand.

i wasn't refering to the manchurians, but to the manchurian commerce and raw materials. its coal and its market was the only thing sustaining japanese industry. lets remind ourselves that the 1930s were not a great era for commerce, and no country would be able to sustain a modern economy without colonies.

Reminder that Prussia was always Slavic/Baltic.

reminder that Japan was always Ainu clay,
they should compensate the crimes they did against the ainu people, but they won't even recognize that they exists or have existed, i hate Japs so damn much

>>and no country would be able to sustain a modern economy without colonies.
>what is the nordic countries
>what is czechoslovakia

you are right. i was talking about important industries only. those which had problems with coal and iron inputs, anyway.

argument stands that in the 1930 efficiency was not the rule of the game; access to industrial inputs was (was not so until 1929)

Americans even let the Japanese Josef Mengele stay alive, what a joke.
in Germany on the other hand they prosecuted you just for being a secretary or a guard at a camp, even if it has been like 70 years

Him being alive helped them to control Japan.

To make fun of him, obviously.

what about "not being a fucking retard now that the war is over?"

only reason the whitey spared him was because a maority of his victims where non-white

>We pardoned him as a joke.

Uh yeah, shitloads of Jap Generals and Officers hung in SEA.

Burmese, Chinese, and Flips were out for blood.

the Emperor of Japan didn't have a lot of temporal power, you cannot compare his actions to somebody who took power becoming the absolute, unquestionable rules such as Hitler
also while it's army committed atrocities (like sadly anyone did) he never programmed the entire extermination of a population
same for Fascist Italy
any direct comparison of German allies to Hitler and the Nazis is wrong

yeah but if Mussolini didn't get lynched he would have been sentenced to death anyways

its*
probably, italian communists were animals

well, his*
please excuse my autism

Because the divine right's of king's and emperors matter more than the American notion of "freedom".I wish the USA who'd stayed out of WW1 and WW2 and let us old worlders resolve our own problem's.

This.

Nothing is over. Nothing. You just don't turn it off.

Frenchposters will flame this post

let the empire continue

>the USA
Come on, we're talking about the jews here.

If you're willingly partaking in an industry solely dedicated to murdering your fellow man then you should be tried at 70 or even 700, it's an affront to basic human decency.

except many of the guards did it to avoid being sent to the front lines. Shiro on the other hand was a sick sadist who did medical experiment on people while they stil where alive.
much much worse then being a guard.
but i guess killing jews is worse then killing innocent chinese and koreans

>Nuke people and completely defeat them
>Want to rebuilt them against gommies

You can
A. Restore their identity and confidence by rallying around a central figure to which they can improve upon
B. Destroy 2500 years of monarchy for basically no reason at all making all Japanese eternally hate gaijin

I guess King George bombed Dresden too!

I thought he just played with toys while Hideki was the one actually running the country.

Because the entire country would have rose up in rebellion if we did that. Also, Hirohito believed that he would be executed, and presented himself to MacArthur, who was impressed by this act.

Germany also got firebombed heavily, as was Japan, the allies killed 2.5 million german POW's through starvation, dehydration, and disease, and the krauts got raped by the Russians.

I don't understand the rampant intellectual dishonesty and constant whataboutism on Veeky Forums. It is never enough that two countries got their shit pushed in, or that two armies had their merits, or that a particular age had it's good qualities and bad qualities. Everything is all or nothing.

Hirohito may have had a more direct hand in things than we are told, but he isn't on the same level as Hitler.

>Germanys national pride was reduced to collective shame of the holocaust, Nips stil brags about their war crimes.

Japan and German society both have insanely low birth rates. It's not a coincidence.

>presented himself to MacArthur

Reading about unit 731 makes me think two nukes wasn't enough. Fucking nips are deranged.

>the allies killed 2.5 million german POW's through starvation, dehydration, and disease

do you have a source for this?

1) The japs tend to deny their war crimes ever happened, or better yet, pretend they never heard of them.
2) You haven't noticed how the Japs have become an emasculated, pacifist, self-destructive country?
3) What the fuck is the point of this? Would punishing Japan more make Germany less punished?

I think it's a human thing to desire all or nothing outcomes, nobody would enjoy a sport without a declared winner or morally grey historical accounts, good guys and evil monsters are some of the most told stories we have.

not in that way.

Don't ruin this

They were gay for one another though

The numbers I hear range from 1 million to 2.5 million.
>nytimes.com/books/98/11/22/specials/ambrose-atrocities.html
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmed_Enemy_Forces

Everybody acting like totalistic retards is killing this board.

What's extra sickening about this is that this wasn't just revenge, Allied staff was incredibly worried about the potential problems German war veterans would cause to the occupying forces. It was pre-meditated mass murder after the war was already won. At least the commies could say "we can't feasibly support all of these fucking POWs" with some honesty.

Macarthur was a weeb who wanted to keep muh cultural symbol

fippy bippy

>In his 1989 book Other Losses, James Bacque claimed that Allied Supreme Commander Dwight Eisenhower deliberately caused the death of 790,000 German captives in internment camps through disease, starvation and cold from 1944 to 1949. Bacque charges that some of these deaths were DEF designated soldiers that could receive harsh treatment because they did not fall within the Geneva Convention protections. Stephen Ambrose, at the time director of the Eisenhower Center at the University of New Orleans, also organized a conference of eight British, American, and German historians, which disputed Bacque's claims.[41][41][42][43]

>The report continues: "An additional group of 663,576 are listed as 'other losses,' consisting largely of members of the Volkssturm [ People's Militia ] released without formal discharge." It takes little imagination to see what happened here. The People's Militia consisted of older men (up to 60 years of age, mainly World War I veterans) and boys of 16 or sometimes less. American guards and camp authorities told the old men to go home and take care of their grandchildren, the boys to go home and return to school. Along with the transfers to other zones that Mr. Bacque ignores, these people account for all the "missing million."

Fuck off Wehraboo. Bacque has been debunked for years now and was never even a historian.

>freedom democracy and justice

>black americans who fought in the war returned home to segregation and institutional discrimination

Implying Tojo wouldn't say anything to try and save his own ass

Pretty sure Ainu are recognized as existing in Japan

To make him the shamefur dispray of the Japanese people

Because Japan had an emperor as far as their history could record. Even during the age of the Shogunate, when the emperor held little real power, the Shogun were forced to recognise him as a divine epitome of the Japanese people.

With how ferociously and tenaciously the Japanese people fought for Hirohito, the Allies were forced to allow monarchy to continue in Japan, with the hopes that they could control the Japanese populace through the emperor.

>after the war the emperor denies his divinity
>pretty much tells them that millions of japs have been sacrificed for nothing
>stil worshipp him like little cucks
why are japs so stupid?
Mishima where like the only jap that wasn't a sheep because he realized what a crook Hirohito was.

You can literally ask that anyone.

Why do Christians keep believing in god after the Holocaust?
Why do Muslims keep believing in Allah when compared to Christians their achievements are pathetic?

Human beings are just pathetic. You can't single out Japan for this.

>Why do Christians keep believing in god after the Holocaust?
>Why do Muslims keep believing in Allah when compared to Christians their achievements are pathetic?
except neither of these examples involves the one they worship dismissing his divinity

A jap could say: "Yeah we lost, the emperor lost. But now we are rich, so it was supposed to happen."

Japan didn't need to invest a single cent in the military while other countries invest billions. They might as well be glad that their emperor lost. It is all a question of perspective.

Or to put it in another way:

BECAUSE they fought so bravely and fiercely destiny rewarded them with their current success. Losing is not shameful if you gave it all you got. Since they only got a slap on the wrist I don't see why they should hate the emperor. They would have a bigger reason to hate him if he surrendered after 4 or 5 nuclear attacks.

thats not the point tho

Because he was crucial for the morale of the Japanese; it was a display of mercy

Would he have been killed if he were trial at Nuremburg?

Almost certainly. Despite not being on trial, the prosecution had to collaborate with the defendants to keep the emperor from ending up guilty of war crimes at the Tokyo trials.