Tfw finally took the southern pill after years of hating on the south and years of shitposting about the bible belt

>tfw finally took the southern pill after years of hating on the south and years of shitposting about the bible belt

Who else here grew up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NyV01zXuW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=8fyPQsizgmk
youtube.com/watch?v=24oBuuuWkXc
youtube.com/watch?v=2RKtIgkMBQ4&list=RD24oBuuuWkXc&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=yKih6b7IssA&index=19&list=RD24oBuuuWkXc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keloid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pure Aryan
>import millions of sub-Saharan Africans and then have children with them

If the south is the "only pure American culture," that makes America pretty shitty, since the south is unambiguously the worst part of America by just about any objective measure. Fortunately, that's nonsense.

>pure American
Spooky

have you ever been there though? "the south sucks" meme is just that, a meme perpetuated by the media

It's true American culture had always been retarded

>civil war was about racism and not tariffs that would benefit industrial north and harm agrarian south
It's like a shit test for brainlets

If your culture is about using a race of people as farm equipment you deserve to have it burned down.

Why did the North want to cripple the South economically? I don't understand that.

No wonder the South fucking split

so judaism with their whole goyim = cattle thing

>have you ever been there though?

Yes, sadly. It's not just a meme; it really is shitty.

nearly every culture was like this until the 19th century

This
IDK why, but everyone is friendly when I visit.

If he was saying it's shitty economically, that doesn't reflect culture.

>Why did the North want to cripple the South economically?

They didn't, obviously. Dixieboos are delusional.

Southern culture is derived from rural English, Scottish, and Irish culture.

>everyone is friendly

You mean polite, i.e. fake friendly.

>implying abolitionists didn't want to cripple the slave industry and by extension the South

where the fuck are you going that it's shitty

Not just that, my extended family over there has a big meet up every other week, while I have the same family in San Jose and we never meet like that. Not only politeness, I've noticed people are quicker to strike up meaningful conversation.

I see my extended family all the time and we live in New York.

I live in the south and I love it besides the Protestantism

Fair enough. An anecdote can be dismissed by one.

t. holy apostolic cuck

Can you really get mad at me for preferring this
youtube.com/watch?v=NyV01zXuW-A

instead of this
youtube.com/watch?v=8fyPQsizgmk

catholic mass doesn't activate my almonds enough honestly

There are some boring Catholic homilies and some interesting Protestant ones but at the end of the day, the presence of the body and blood of Christ are at every Catholic mass and absent from every Protestant service.

Where can you actually go into a catholic church and find this kind of Gregorian chanting stuff anymore? I was raised Catholic and went to mass every Sunday but we never had any of this cool shit.

I would unironically start going to church again if there was some kind of cool chanting involved like in this video

Google for traditional latin masses in your area. I live in a hick town and there's a Catholic parish that serves the TLM every Sunday night. It's the most beautiful building in the whole town too

Protectionism in the north to develop their industry against competitive british goods. Southerners wanted them down to be able to sell their cotton.
>Dallas Tariff 1816 (high import/tax on transactions with britain)
>1828 abomination tariff
>1830 &32 black tariffs and nullification crisis
>1833 compromise tariff (back to 20%)
>1842 tariff (north raises it back to 40% in some states, average nationwide is 32%)
>1845 walker tariff (reduced to 25%, inventory based with extra luxury tax on specific goods)
>1857 tariff (reduction to 20% - panic of 1857 in the north as glibal markets connect & autocorrect themselves)
>1861 morrill tariff (tariff raised back to abovd 33% on average)
Civil War kicks in the same year.

HEAVY TARIFFS BECAUSE WE'RE UNCOMPETITIVE AND WANT TO STOP THE FLOW OF EUROPEAN GOODS IS JUST A MEME BRO

>go to traditional latin mass
>can't understand a word

SHEEEEET

none near me

might as well KMS

the missals have latin on one side and the english translation on the other ya doof

>he isn't fluent in Latin, Ancient Greek, French, Arabic, Mandarin, Hindi, and Ghetto

every human that has ever lived is in fact retarded

>tfw no gizoogle mass

Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every last muthafuckin evil,
graciously grant peace up in our days,
that, by tha help of yo' mercy,
we may be always free from sin
and safe from all distress,
as we await tha pimped hope
and tha comin of our Savior, Jizzy Christ.

but forreal I love soul food, college football, and the weather and the /comfyness/

>negroes speak english
lhmao

this. I mean so many people in the south have non-european genes it's hilarious

I am not even trying to hate on the South, but if your only argument for why it is a good place is that it is the most "American" then you don't really have an argument. You are just saying that the poorest sections of country are the most real because immigrants move where the jobs are.

>culture means nothing goyim

It's too late. the culture of southern hospitality is dying. The youth reject it and only the rich have the privilege of living in all white neighborhoods these days. All the quaint little middle class towns are experiencing white flight and the crime is going up. People don't trust their neighbors like they used to. You used to see dozens of kids playing outside on any given day, they hardly come outside anymore. People everywhere are more jaded and guarded, they're acting like yankees. They're losing their accents. Everywhere is becoming like everywhere else and there's no stopping it. Please don't prolong our suffering any more. Just pull the plug and knock down the rest of the confederate statues. This land is dead.

There's several reasons for the civil war that isn't slavery but problem is that all those reasons would disappear if there wasn't any slavery.

by antebellum slave-worked cotton plantations was the only agricultural economy that wasn't completely overtaken by industrialization so without it the south would simply be absorbed into the industrial economy (kinda like what happened after the civil war) so laws that benefit industrial economy over agriculture (like tariffs) wouldn't be an issue.

autism over what is slave and what is a free state created factionalism between the two sides leading to the north-south dynamic and all the bullshit compromises and issues on which state the trains will run through leading to shit like the Kansas-Nebraska act.

all of this just to keep slavery in a country that constantly is all about "muh freedoms"

>respecting shitty values
>respecting shitty faith
>respecting shitty culture
>respecting shitty traditions

It's says American you dink

good
heres some music

youtube.com/watch?v=24oBuuuWkXc
youtube.com/watch?v=2RKtIgkMBQ4&list=RD24oBuuuWkXc&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=yKih6b7IssA&index=19&list=RD24oBuuuWkXc

(1/2)
Anyway yeah any you're right and any perceptive and culturally aware person should have noticed this. Also incidentally the north's victory was a genuine missed opportunity for the inclusion of the african-american culture into the american nationality, and further, the american nationality as a thing that actually exists in a sincere form. Not necessarily because the north won, but because of what the north (the US) represents. The justification for the US' government was a new, radical post-enlightenment experiment, and one can easily follow those founding values through to the logical conclusion and you get today, this entity whose "culture" is as you say influenced by mass european immigration assimilating together into a blob and diluting any original deep culture there ever was. It's inclusive of everybody and speaking of "american culture" is almost a taboo because you immediately get someone who mentions the immigration and the founding fathers and so on and so forth. We're open now not only to europe but to earth. Indians, chinese, africans, everybody comes here and contributes just a little more to the cultural greyness; and then of course there's the chicano cultures, which are just a product of living here and growing accustomed to english, they've long since lost their mexicanity and any cultural elements there are superficial, just like cultural elements of most of "white america".

(2/2)
If we were allowed to be more selective, if we had this thing that we could speak of called american nationality, then we could selectively include other cultures. African-americans are a true nationality, influenced by the anglo-american protestant settler culture and therefrom they got their accents, religion, etc. That settler culture doesn't exist anymore, except, as you've noted, in some parts of the south. It's not considered any more "truly" american than some ashkenzai-descended person from long island who generally fits into the vague "white america" or just "american". If it did exist and was the legitimate culture of the country, we might be able to have included native americans as well as blacks into the nation in a sincere way. It's just that the US is in such a horrible position of political and ideological dominance in the world that it represents far more than itself; it represents this epoch, the age of globalization. It committed cultural suicide by its very inception. Very sad shit.

tfw you're from the south but everyone disagrees cause you're from florida

>lived in Alabama whole life
>it sucks

the south sucks. the nature is pretty though.

not him but i've been to four of them
florida is just awful
north carolina's scenery is comfy as fuck but the politics are hilariously bad
hated almost every inch of texas
virginia is pretty nice save for a few areas

Fake News. Southern culture comes from the Celtic fringe area of Europe, an insecure, low educated, high risk taking culture.

Really the only people who had success in the South either came from the North or were trained by people who came from the North.

The idea that its this bastion of pure Americanism is not only false, but should be offensive.

>white skin
>Blue eyes
>Muscular body
>Freedom builder
>Not retarded

Southern culture is heavily influenced by Spanish settlers and later French ones. The whole cowboy shit is basically Iberian cattle herder culture.

something interesting is in Florida, the closer you get to a population center, the bitchier people get

Like people in Starke or Palatka (which are both aesthetically beautiful) are 100000x nicer and friendlier than people in Orlando or Tampa, even Gainsville is a bitch haven because of the university there, the non student citizens though are lovely

Yeah that's called an honor culture. I'm not even southern and I find it offensive that effete cosmopolitan dilettantes feel entitled to spout faggot shit like your post because they know they won't get smacked in the mouth anymore.

patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel

I vote that flordia get it's own yankee dixie classification, thefuckingworste

>european migrants of the 16th-17th-18th century were still influenced by celtic culture
KYS

this

>le wrong generation XD

kill yourself

>so without it the south would simply be absorbed into the industrial economy (kinda like what happened after the civil war) so laws that benefit industrial economy over agriculture (like tariffs) wouldn't be an issue.

The southern economy was strong before the war. They accounted for nearly 60% of all american exports. The south was industrializing, just not at the pace of the north for various reasons. The idea that the existence of slavery hampers industrialization is nonsense, if anything it was hurt by the southern climate and northern competition.

I used to believe this meme too, then I moved to the north and holy shit. The amount of white trash up there is about the same but they don't have the whole rustic hillbilly aesthetic. It's hard to explain how terrible they are.

>oligarchial aristocracy high society based upon romanticised 18th century Europe
>uniquely American culture
Fuck off. Dixiefags were dirty Euroboos.

Nah Cletus. It was just about Slavery.

>what is the corwin amendment

ocala/gainesville here

With the exponential increase in technology and automation I think the wage economy is dying out. Maybe we should start studying the old south for ideas on how the future might end up. I ordered pic related on amazon a couple days ago.

>tfw 30 years from now I will be out on my veranda wearing a linen suit and sipping a mint julep while watching my automations harvest my crops

>Dixiefags
>Euroboos

meanwhile every northern city street is lined with irish and italian flags.

>visited the least Southern states in the South
>hates them
Not helping your case. Also before you cry that they are the south

>Florida
Only Rural North Florida is actually Southern. The rest of Florida is either Nueva Cuba or snowbirds. Urban Florida, in general, is a cesspool of nothingness.

>NoCa
Overrun by carpet baggers looking to get into industry as a good chunk of rust belt industry moved there. The politics you're complaining about is a result of conflict between Southerners and Carpet Baggers.

>Texas
They aren't South, they aren't West. They're just Texas. Texas is Texas.

>Virginia
Virginia has shifted considerably from it's Southern roots. Between the Navy and D.C. colonists, Virginia can be rightly counted out of anything Southern in the modern day.

Modern South is:

>Core states
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Rural Georgia
SCAR
Tennessee

>Periphery
Urban Georgia
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Kentucky
South Virginia
Rural North Florida
Missouri

Not him but
>the true south consists of the poorest, most crime-riddled region of America that peforms worst than other states from using up the federal budget to the STD epidemic

>remove niggers from the stats
>everything goes to average
Thanks for playing.

>NC politics are hilariously bad

NC is one of the fastest growing economies in the country. How is that bad politics? unless you're upset you can't wear a dress in a woman's bathroom.

So the deep south is a nigger colony.
Don't see how that suggests that it is still anything other than the shittiest part of America

The south is shit, the northern transplants are bringing actual civilization to this hellhole.

Debunk this protip
>you literally cant

>be so butthurt about slavery that you secede
>North does nothing
>Attack a bunch of Union soldiers and storm a Union fort
>Invade Union territory along the border
>Union crushes you in war, gets you to stop being such cunts
>call it the War of Northern Aggression

Are Leeaboos the most delusional people on the planet?

>Putting up tariffs on a hostile nation means you're trying to cripple the South economically

>britain is a hostile nation after ghent 1812

also
>The Tariff of 1816 (also known as the Dallas tariff) is notable as the first tariff passed by Congress with an explicit function of protecting U.S. manufactured items from overseas competition. Prior to the War of 1812, tariffs had primarily served to raise revenues to operate the national government. Another unique aspect of the tariff was the strong support it received from Northern states.
I'm sorry actual history doesn't make your self-righteousness as easily justifiable as before.

>britain is a hostile nation after ghent 1812
>Leeaboos will deny this obvious fact

>Look they raised a tariff to protect industry, obviously they were doing it to keep da Dixie man down!

With this understanding of economics, no wonder the South had no industry

>ohio
>bringing civilization anywhere

>North does nothing
>Invade Union territory along the border

are you memeing or do you actually believe this?

>nuffin to do with muh uncompetitive north
>it's about da ebil brits xDDDDD

Here is more info
1816 tariff:
>Northern efforts to establish permanent protection in 1820, after tensions with Great Britain had eased, provoked a backlash among Southern legislators. The South consistently opposed protective tariffs during the remainder of the ante bellum period

>Industries in the northern United States were being driven out of business by low-priced imported goods; the major goal of the tariff was to protect these industries by taxing those goods. The South, however, was harmed directly by having to pay higher prices on goods the region did not produce, and indirectly because reducing the exportation of British goods to the U.S. made it difficult for the British to pay for the cotton they imported from the South

1842 tariff
>In the summer of 1842 representatives from the northeastern manufacturing states began feeling electoral pressures for a tariff hike before the elections that fall and abandoned Clay's land disbursement program.

Walker tariff & 1857 Tarriffs
>In 1846 the Democrats enacted the Walker Tariff, cutting tariff rates substantially. The Democrats cut rates even further in the Tariff of 1857, which was highly favorable to the South.

1861 morrill tariff
The Panic of 1857 led to calls for protectionist tariff revision. Well-known economist Henry C. Carey blamed the Panic on the Tariff of 1857. His opinion was widely circulated in the high tariff (or "protectionist") media.
>It was the twelfth of seventeen planks in the platform of the incoming Republican Party, which had not yet been inaugurated, and it appealed to industrialists and factory workers as a way to foster rapid industrial growth

But yeah sure, it had nothing to do with the struggling industrial north.

Pretty sure protestants and Catholics have bread and wine bro

>Pure American
>Willingly left the American Union like pussies when they didn't get what they wanted.

someone post that meme image of religiousness in the south, education in the south, teen pregnancy in the south, etc

>The south was industrializing, just not at the pace of the north for various reasons

>le meme nigger
Should have picked cotton harder.

how is this an argument? some slave with a skin condition?

>skin condition
user...

>tfw live in ohio
>people talk shit about us all the time and I have no idea why

>it had nothing to do with the struggling industrial north.
Nobody said it didn´t. The claim was "Why did the North want to cripple the South economically? They didn´t." The argument was that the US put up tariffs simply to protect its infant industry, not because it wanted to cripple the Southern economy. Read the fucking thread before you post.

>skin condition

Is this bait?

>People were nice to me and followed social norms, and I was unable or unwilling to reciprocate these social niceties back to them, so eventually they got tired off my shit and it's all their fault

If any part of the country could be considered to have spawned "american culture" w/e the fuck that means it would probably be California, especially the southern part of the state.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keloid

There's a reason that single picture shows up every time slavery is mentioned. He just had a weird skin reaction to a whipping, most don't look like that. It was the 19th century ffs, every child under 18 was being whipped.

Of course it wasn't intentional per se, but it was the effective result when two halves of the country are ruining diametrically opposed models of economy. Intent is all well and good but 45years of tariffs did piss off the south to the point they wanted to secede to preserve their economy.

Slavery was a godsend to the northern industrialists because it made propaganda against the south quite easy (and rightly so, it was a disgusting model).

>read the fucking thread
I have, I posted early saying it was a common oversimplification of the civil war to narrow it down to "muh fight against racism and slavery". The reality for the south wanting to split was not that, it was mainly to protect their cotton/agrarian economy.

We know this because if it was just about slavery, then the 1861 Corwin Agreement would have resolved the crisis. Truth is the corwin agreement would have done nothing to alleviate the tariffs that had been crippling the south's exports abroad for 45 years, therefore it was rejected. North would have had to lift the tariffs to prevent the war and that was not acceptable to the northern industrialists.

because every yankee transplant is from ohio and I wouldn't consider it anymore "civilized" than the south.

>but it was the effective result when two halves of the country are ruining diametrically opposed models of economy.
True, but that wasn't the original argument.

> The reality for the south wanting to split was not that, it was mainly to protect their cotton/agrarian economy.

If the Republican party with its platform of principles, the main feature of which is the abolition of slavery and, therefore, the destruction of the South, carries the country at the next Presidential election, shall we remain in the Union, or form a separate Confederacy? This is the great, grave issue. It is not who shall be President, it is not which party shall rule – it is a question of political and social existence.
—Alfred P. Aldrich

Our people have come to this on the question of slavery.
—Laurence Massillon Keitt, South Carolina secession debates

...increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the Institution of Slavery ...
—Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina, (December 24, 1860)

We prefer, however, our system of industry, by which labor and capital are identified in interest, and capital, therefore, protects labor–by which our population doubles every twenty years–by which starvation is unknown, and abundance crowns the land–by which order is preserved by unpaid police, and the most fertile regions of the world, where the white man cannot labor, are brought into usefulness by the labor of the African, and the whole world is blessed by our own productions. ... We ask you to join us, in forming a Confederacy of Slaveholding States.
—Convention of South Carolina, Address of the people of South Carolina to the people of the Slaveholding States, (December 25, 1860)

Yeah sure buddy.

>Jizzy Christ.

Because Ohio is a shithole thats basically West Pennsylvania

>True, but that wasn't the original argument.
See >civil war was about racism and not tariffs that would benefit industrial north and harm agrarian south
where does this say any of this was intentional? All it states is that the true underlying causes of the war were economic, and to dumb it down to "MUH RACISM" or "MUH FREEDUMBZ" to explain away the casus belli is top tier revisionism.

>...increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the Institution of Slavery ...
No fucking shit, the south was a slavery-backed agrarian economy. Obviously the opposition states (aka the northern states) were non-slaveholding states.

>—Alfred P. Aldrich Quote
Same shit as above really, the north did want to push the south away from its model so it would have no choice but to back their industrialism.

All your quotes are just quotes. As I said, if it was truly about protecting slavery alone then the Corwin Amendment of 1861 would have been accepted and solved the issue. Four random quotes are not enough to dismiss later proposed legislation which directly contradicts your argument.

Protecting slavery was not enough. It's the tariffs which were too much a threat to their economy and had been for 45years of continuous damage to the southern economy in the hopes of propping up the north.

And if the "muh noble, forward thinking north who stands against slavery n shieeet" argument is true, then why were they propose a law that would permit and protect slavery in order to appease the pro-secessionist southerners? Really makes your think, doesn't it.

that cotton ain't gonna pick itself