Çamlıca mosque

Is this just Hagia Sophia on steroids?

Is there not a different style which could be used?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çamlıca_Republic_Mosque

Now that the Mudsharts have their copy of the Hagia Sophia, give us back the real one

No, a heathen shrine like that must be blown up.

It's converted into a museum to display how much better Muslims made it from its primitive pagan roots of Christianity.

The fuck? So thats what, three haghia sophias in Istanbul?

>pagan roots of Christianity
>One of, if not the holiest site in in Islam, the ka'aba, was originally a pagan religious site

And Muslims made it better.

Just like with Ayasofya

>walking in circles around it
>better

dometacular

Muslims have never made anything really, meaningfully better in the entirety of world history.

Not one time. Not once.

This mosque is actually gruesomely scary.
In the 16th Century Mimar Sinan was commissioned a mosque that would represent the uprising of a great Sultan. In Ottoman Architecture 6 minarets signified this. This would mean Erdoğan glorifies himself as a powerful Sultan like Suleiman or Mehmed II.

It is also built on one of the seven hills of Istanbul, symmetric to where the Suleimaniye is built in the European side of Istanbul.

The mosque holds up to 20.000 people in its Masjid, this is deemed useless as Çamlıca is a deserted tourist area. There is nothing at çamlıca, except for a restaurant and a café both owned by the Turkish government.

In short Erdoğan thinks he's suleiman. Mosque is too vague and copy pasta'd from Suleimaniye.

They brought back the golden age of intense intellectual development in the middle east which was lost when Babylon fell.

>what was the abbasid caliphate?

That's exactly what he wants though.
Remember when he greeted foreign dignitaries with soldiers dressed as Ottoman troops from various historical eras?
Erdogan is essentially the anti-Kemal at this point, he is trying so hard to identify himself with the imperial past.
I'm surprised this mosque doesn't have seven minarets.

So when can we expect him to announce his last name is Osmaoglu and allow the remaining family members to return?

I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think he is anti-Kemal. He's literally got a painting of him in every room he sleeps and works in. He paid so much for his mausoleum and its maintenance. He would also lose half his voters if he did

>He would also lose half his voters if he did
And there's your explanation as to why he hasn't burned down Kemal's mausoleum yet
That's his only reason

I think Erdogan respects Ataturk, like almost all Turks do. And it is hard not to: he is basically Turkish George Washington on steroids.

I guess I shouldn't have called him the anti-kemal but he is undoubtedly moving farther in the direction the more he consolidates power.

You know, I generally don't like muslim architecture, and indeed I fucking loathe elements like minarets and those accessory wings or whatever the fuck they are that seem to come out of the main body of every single ottoman mosque like a square slate of shit, but the so called pyramid of domes and semi-domes of the ottoman classical period just gives me a boner.

Why would he allow them to come back when he is placing himself in their position?

It's basically the Hagia Sophia juiced up with some other eastern middle eastern influences though, I love how it looks but it seems pretty derivative to me personally

what I don't understand is why he would meme around as an Ottoman Sultan when there are literally family members still alive

is he trying to create his own Erdogan Empire

Pretty derivative conceptually yeah, but classical period stuff is much more refined, more graceful. Perhaps it's a given, since there's a few centuries in technical know how between them, but still.

This
Erdoğan is very religious and tends to keep it that way. I doubt he'll implement the Sharia, but he's definitely a religious man.

One can't be very religious and be for Atatürk at the same time.

You see, Erdogan's energy plan for Turkey is to wrap copper wire around Ataturk's corpse and then keep on doing what he's doing.

The spinning should be enough to power the country for at least the next few centuries.

Kek

Oh fuck lmao

Well he wouldn't implement Wahhabi understanding of Sharia at least. Turkey is basically in a war with Saudi Arabia to export their brand of Islam right now, and I'd rather have Erdogan Islam than sultan Abdullah Islam.

No one in turkey cares about the Osmanli, as far as I can tell. No one wants to give them power back.