Claims to be the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth

>claims to be the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth
>rides around in a bulletproof Mercedes SUV

Why doesn't the foremost living Catholic have faith in God? Surely the Almighty will protect his representitive
to all humanity. And if the Lord decides its his tume to go, no glass will stop divine judgement, so it just makes him look like a first class hypocrite.

>believe and have faith in God! Who can stand against you if the Lord is with you?!
>brb, getting in my bulletproof luxury vehicle

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2014/06/14/world/europe/pope-francis-interview-popemobile/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If the decision was up to the Pope and only him, he'd probably diss it. But it'd be a terrible idea to take the risk, i'm guessing the first function of this bulletproof car is dissuasion, so people can actually enjoy seeing the Pope and not feel like someone is going to pull a gun on the old man any moment.

But the church of Rome is the True Church! What weapon formed by man can circumvent the will of God? And surely its God's will that there is a Pope, or else there wouldnt be one. Does the Church think God wont protect his Emissary? O them of little faith.

it´s just the equivalent of a donkey nowadays

>The church says violence and building walls are wrong and that one must place their faith in god to protect them and have open arms for everybody
>High ranking Christians have armed guards 24/7, use armored vehicles as casual transport and live in a place with zero crime or violence

a donkey is equivalent to a donkey nowadays

this is retarded
might as well start another "if god is willing but not able" thread

It's almost like the religion has a long history or martyrdom and might not assume God takes a special interest in preserving their life on earth. It's a little silly to just assume God won't let you die, and very presumptuous.

Not a Christian btw your point is just dumb.

Even as a nonbeliever I understand that God doesn't interfere with the events of man anymore

nevertheless, here it is.

Catholics are full of shit and dont even believe their own bullshit.

I have more respect for those southern snake handler "christians" who prove thier faith by holding cobras and shit

Yes but the pope isn't just some Christian. He's the premier Christian on Earth supposedly. If he doesn't have faith God will protect him, then who the fuck should?

cnn.com/2014/06/14/world/europe/pope-francis-interview-popemobile/

What kind of God doesnt protect his own fucking followers?

Why worship the bastard then?? You could just go pray to the sun and get the same results. At least the sun nourishes all life on earth. Sounds like "god" is just an idea that you CONSTANTLY have to make excuses for because it doesnt fucking do anything.

nice cartoon.

the point stands.

>What kind of God doesn't protect his own fucking followers?
Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese, and a bunch others.

God helps those who help themselves

>Town hit by hurricane
>Man stands on his roof as water rises
>People in a boat come
>"Get in! We'll save you!" they say
>"No, God will save me" he says
>Water gets higher
>Helicopter comes
>"Get on! Help has arrived!" they say
>"No, God is on my side" he says
>Finally the water goes higher and the man drowns
>Man asks God "why didn't you do anything?"
>God says "You didn't notice the boat and chopper?"

So in other words, retards think god will reveal himself to them?

Jesus admonished the devil in the dessert for tempting God. You are not supposed to walk around expecting God to protect you. Jesus himself speaks against it in the Bible.

This thread is ass cheeks.

If he's not going to protect you then why should you follow him? For the promise of some awesome goodies that you get but you have to die first?

Sounds like a scam to me

>Why worship the bastard then??

Afterlife, user. Have you seriously never noticed that Christians are obsessed with the afterlife and view this life as an interlude/test?

You don't need to follow their rationale, but it's not hard to understand it. There are fables in the fucking bible itself where a faithful man gets completely buttfucked as a test of his faith. This life is fleeting, the important stuff comes after you kick the bucket. As far as Christians are concerned, an untimely death is just as much "God's plan" as some sort of divine intervention that prevents it. The pope getting shot isn't necessarily going to keep him out of heaven.

I'm not a Christian, I'm simply saying the story of Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness shows that Christians are not to expect God to protect them. It silly to call the pope hypocritical for not having faith God will protect him when his Bible tells him he won't. If you don't like Christianity that is fine, but your method of criticism just makes you look stupid, ignorant, or both.

>Afterlife, user.
Being driven in a bullet-proof car suggests he's in no hurry to sample some "afterlife"

The current popendoesnt even use that car. If you're mad at or about Christianity, maybe write in your diary about it if you need to vent because you're not making good points.

You don't need to intentionally seek martyrdom either, you know. The pope isn't going to purposely put himself in harm's way on the assumption god's got his back. It'd be vain as hell to just ASSUME you're so important to God's plan that he couldn't possibly let you die.

Based on the story about the three slaves in the Old Testament, God doesn't like it when gifts are squandered. Anyone in a rush to die is fucking up per biblical teaching.

there are still mad turks around

pretty sure they only made this after someone shot Jean-Paul II

Like in islam, martyrdom is pretty much the highest shit in christianity too so popes shouldn't be that worried about getting offed for being the pope.

You can't even see which pope that is user. Pope Francis is known for rolling around in a little Fiat. Point is mute anyway, nothing hypocritical about being a high ranking Christian official and having security.

This is my diary

I just made an observation that the pope seems to be actively avoiding going to heaven and your jimmies get rustled.

Popes are responsible for the global flock, it's their responsibility to stay safe so they can continue leading the flock. Islam values scholars over martyrs, the prophet himself said so.

The pope is trying to avoid dying. No one goes to heaven until judgement day, per his religion. If the pope believes himself valuable to the world as the representative of God on Earth (which he should, or he's smart at least pretend to) then he's obligated to live as long as he can so he can guide the flock.

Then why did Benny resign?

doctors probably told him he would develop alzheimer

We're veering into the wordly here, but I have a suspicion his inaction and possible collusion on the pedophilia issue forced him out. Would probably harm the church, so him sticking around isn't as good as him not being pope (from the churches pov). Suicide is a sin, hence resignation.

>Pope [...[ in a [...] Fiat
>"fiat" means "let it be" in Latin
Like pottery.

>be given divine role of leading the church
>get self killed when could have been avoided
Would you hire an incompetent employee?

Would you hire someone that does his job inefficiently because he thinks he needs to tack on unnecessary additional safety measurements?

Catholicism is an insult to the teachings of Jesus. This fucker sits on a throne of gold while Christians around the world are starving. You think Jesus would be ok with that?

Total idolatry, all popes burn in hell

Assassination attempts have been made. God doesn't protect his followers in Christian belief. They are neccessary. If you want to argue the pope is a hypocrite there are good arguments to be made, this just isn't one of them.

>staying alive
>inefficient
what did he mean by this

He's still just a man put into power by other men

>T.Catholic

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the pope but he's just a man

Don't you have to be a virgin to be a high ranking member of the Catholic church ?

Lol what was the name of that guy who went out of the city to take on the other army by himself during the Münster Rebellion?

I don't know why the OP didn't start here. The point of the thread is clearly about the hypocrisy of the pope and here's an actual example of that.

>it just makes him look like a first class hypocrite
That's what he is.
The representant of the demiurge on earth.
He's on it for the money and the easy life.

>surely its God's will that there is a Pope, or else there wouldnt be one

It must surely be God's will that there are women fucking with horses, or else there wouldn't be any.

Why don't priests of all faiths chuck themselves off of high buildings? You 're not makinga point against catholics here, if you think you are of the true faith and believe in divine intervention then attempt suicide in the name of your god and surely he will save you.
also if god allows sins that implies we have free will to act against god, meaning that god would not divinely intervene to prevent an action he dissaproves of, instead waiting for them to recieve divine judgement upon their death.

The newest guy got the role at 75, he ain't got much of the easy life to live and could've received a pension at that age.

What part of the priest life is hard?

Nigger are you retarded? Did you forget about the whole KINGDOM OF HEAVEN part?

Where exactly does it say in the bible that God protects his followers from harm in life? God promises entry into the kingdom of Heaven, he'll let you suffer in life.

this

the hypocrisy is real

>then why should you follow him? For the promise of some awesome goodies that you get but you have to die first?

Literally the foundation of Christianity, and most other religions?

Jesus christ man I'm an atheist but you're making us all look bad.

memes aren't arguments

he's 100% right

He's not and he didn't even provide an argument. He merely voiced the opinion that a god that doesn't act as a divine bulletproof vest isn't useful.

>Religion is based around the human clsest to God getting killed on a cross
>Supposed human closest to God needs armed guards around him 24/7 to protect his life even though he's already 80 and will probably croak within 10 years
>All these butthurt Cathocucks defending this

All of them?

What's your argument though? God doesn't promise to protect people's lives, why would he?

>religion is based on a god sacrificing himself to redeem humanity
>somehow this means that life should be squandered
stop pretending to be retarded you autist

but are they violent and build walls?

There's a big ass wall around the Vatican. And there should be, but it does piss me off when the Pope then proceeds to scold Trump for wanting to build a wall (to protect Christian Americans from rapists mind you).

If by "my jimmies get rustled" you mean I point out to you why that isn't the checkmate you think it is.

He's not 100% right you nitwit, he asked a question:

>What kind of God doesnt protect his own fucking followers?

The answer is "The Christian God and their fucking holy book explains it". At least in regards to this world. Anybody going "why would god let him die lol!" clearly doesn't understand the religion in the first place. God's inaction in intervening isn't a valid argument against god in Christian thought. You can choose not to believe in it, but acting as if you just knocked the house of cards down with that clever observation is retarded.

The same "fucking" God that Let his Son die on a cross, are you by any chance retarded and underage?

Getting up everyday and making speeches, answering questions and having a public spotlight on you and going on tour is a hell of a lot more than my grandad did at 75, except sunday, always got to mass on sunday, even the week before the guy died.

>if God is real he will save me from this lion cage I just jumped in to prove God is not real
>they're eating her and then they're going to eat me NOOO

1. The Father didn't even protect his own Son.

2. The very first Pope died a terribly painful death by crucifixion, as did the messiah.

3. Jesus Christ helps those that help themselves.

unless every catholic on the planet is invincible and immortal, God doesn't exist

Sounds like shit, no deal.

>let his son die
Thats some god you got there.

Is there anything this fucker could do to make you stop kissing his nonexistant ass?

>One day there was a flood in the town and a good pious man who lived there fearing his death prayed;
>Please God help me
>When the water was at the door level a truck appeared and the driver asked him if he wanted to come with him to a safe place
>No, I'm waiting for the help of God
>When the water reached the second floor a boat came by and the sailor asked if he needed help, and even after many tries he did the man said
>No, God will help me
>When he was at the top of the building an helicopter noticed him. "Wait a minute, we'll help you" but he refused the help
>God will help me
>Then the water went on and on, and so he drowned.
>When he was with God the man asked:
>Why God? Why didn't you help me? Wasn't I good enough?
>And God answered,
>I did, I sent you a truck, a boat and an helicopter. You refused my help when given.

That more or less was the story that my grandmother told me. God might helps us but he can only do it if we accept his help first.

Didn't noticed it was already posted.

To be fair, I don't think people believe that God always intervenes, so if they beleive in divine intervention, they don't expect it to always happen.

Especially if you are committing a sin by trying to kill yourself on purpose.