Was he a fascist?

was he a fascist?

He was a right wing authoritarian who used suppression and extra judicial execution. I don't recall if he had a paramilitary though.

No. He lacked both the tendency towards futuristic ideals and the totalitarianism (authoritarianism is not the same thing, since there's still a clear line in the eyes of the state between private and public affairs; not everything is considered a state concern).

no it was authoritarian neoliberalism

No, both Italy and Germany had massive government meddling in the economy.

Was Thatcher a fascists? No, she's a lighthouse, a beacon

It wasn't real fascism.

Real fascism has never been tried.

This basically. He was shit but I don't think fascism is the right way to describe it. He was basically a neo-liberal.

He was a National Libertarian.

Veeky Forums.org/his/ - Where Pinochet was actually a neo-liberal

His policies were neo-liberal, tard.

Well that's a one hell of a statement against liberalism autist

He established a liberalized economy following friedman's principles.
That is very neoliberal.

Discount Kaitel desu

He wasn't even anti-fascist despite /pol/s memes

Fascism is the government of peace. Anybody who commits violence in the name of fascism isn't a true fascist.

Fascism is an idealistic ideology, Pinochet was just a despot akin to Franco - but even Franco tried to veil his hollow opportunism with Falangist aesthetic and slogan

>Veeky Forums.org/his/ - Where Pinochet was actually a neo-liberal

I wonder do you even know what neo-liberal means? Actually I wonder do you even know what liberal means and what it means when you add the word "neo" to it. Neo-liberal is left wing equivalent to neo-conservative. Neo-liberals and neo-conservatives prefer militaristic intervention above all. Example Hillary Clinton has been neo-liberal her whole life. Hell, she even preferred militaristic intervention to 2010 Haiti earthquake more than just humanitarian intervention. Barack Obama was little less neo-liberal but still I would class him as neo-liberal more than example classical liberal. George Bush was neo-conservative and so was his father.

There's reason why we separate neo-liberals and neo-conservatives from fascists. And Pinochet wasn't fascist. More like neo-liberal or even neo-conservative in some issues.

nope, he never created a mass movement or even a political party (altought some non mainstream right wing parties claim his legacy)

I think you're the one who doesn't know what neoliberal means. Have you tried googling it?

Holy shit you're fucking clueless

Yes however a more authoritarian version than that of Mussolini.

Time to stop posting...

He was a pretty standard authoritarian. He was not very nationalistic and he drew a clear line between the political and personal. It was easy to avoid being persecuted in his regime by avoiding anything political. In fascist regimes everything is political, especially the personal, because fascists are by nature totalitarians who want to mold the individual.

Samefag. Pinochet was a neo-liberal.

No, he was a neoliberal CIA (Zionist) puppet

Neoliberalism has nothing to do with militaristic intervention and is all about the unregulated free market and smaller government, which is pretty much the antithesis of what left-wing means in most of the current day west. Pinochet was a military dictator (which is really not liberal in any sense) but he did implement neoliberal economic policies.

The connection to neoconservatives is just downright asinine and I hope you're baiting but you should kill yourself either way.

HE WAS A BIG MEANIE WHICH MEANT HE WAS A FASCIST NAZI