/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Bonds edition

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous thread:Cryptoshills let us have our safe space please.

>nocoiners

Hows playing with your fake money working out for you kid?

>not reading the OP post
This is why we hate you.

OK, bonds. Whadaya wanna talk about?

I'm actually in litecoin and eth too so you can fuck right off with your pajeet scam coins

>fake money
How is it fake?

It's not real. It's pixels on a screen that you can't use to trade for goods or services (with the exception of BTC).

Okay and paper money has no true value either. What's your point?

>can't use to trade for goods or services (with the exception of BTC)
BTC is far from the only cryptocurrency to have online shops (hell even dogecoin has them) and you can trade almost all of these coins for BTC.

Why are 10 year yields decreasing? The Fed have stated that they're going to increase rates again this year, and yet the market is still buying 10 year treasuries, seemingly because it believes the economic data doesn't warrant further rate hikes.

It's foreshadowing...

Are you diversified?

>Why are 10 year yields decreasing?

This is a good question for which I don't have an answer. I've been watching share price in a LT bond fund I'm in climbing like crazy.

Why yes, yes I am.

Any potential in ANY? It's a garbage penny stock of course, but there's rumors on stocktwit about a reverse split vote this next week.

Considering the big dip right now it may be worth it to just buy some.

Buy RAD its ~3$ rn. Possible merger could easily take it to 9

When's the merger?

thoughts on Micron ($MU) earnings this week?

I usually don't play earnings but I have a gut feeling about this one.

Might as well buy a few thousand shares and set a stop-loss at $0.14. I'm hesitant to put more in something that's never turned a profit.

A reverse stock split isn't looked as a positive. It's what dying companies do to increase share price so they don't end up trading at 0.00001, at lest temporarily. Forward splits are what investors like as it's usually a sign that management thinks the price will continue to rise.

I know. If they wanted to reduce outstanding shares and had money, they'd do a buyback. I'm not trying to claim it's anything more than a potential meme to ride for some quick gains.

I'm gonna play it, will watch tomorrow to find a position to hold for the week

75 shares of MU right here. Not letting go until $50.

But why would anyone buy it? Reverse splits almost always end up with an immediate sell off.

I'm speculating that they vote not to and there's a nice bump like DCTH.

Oh, that makes more sense.

>non crypto thread
>baby boomer stocks
MODS MODS MODS!

>He didn't buy AMZN in 2001
>He didn't buy ORCL in 2002
>He didn't buy AAPL in 2003
>He didn't buy GOOGL in 2004
>He didn't buy PCLN in 2005
>He didn't buy AZO in 2006
>He didn't buy PNRA in 2007
>He didn't buy SBUX in 2008
>He didn't buy AIG in 2009
>He didn't buy BTC in 2010
>He didn't buy XIV in 2011
>He didn't buy NFLX in 2012
>He didn't buy TSLA in 2013
>He didn't buy EA in 2014
>He didn't buy NVDA in 2015
>He didn't buy ETH in 2016
>He didn't buy LTC in 2017
What's a current small/mid cap that could potentially become the $100B+ juggernaut of its industry over the next few years?

AMD. Yes, I really said it.

Yep this right here, been swinging it after Q1 ER.
Now I'm waiting for GS to do there thing cause for sure they are going to fuck with it and bring the price down again

I have 10 shares of AMD bought at 10 I really hope so.

I think AMZN will be over 1 trillion by 2020. Depending on your goal, it might be a good bet to put some money in.

Hey Veeky Forumslords, former CATB-user here. I'm going to be staying out of the market this week since I'll be at a three-day bachelor party, but I have some points of advice.

1) Don't gamble on RAD unless you're willing to lose AT A MINIMUM 40% of your investment
2) Lock in those gains on Monday and cry about "muh weak hands" on Tuesday and know you'll be less cucked than the faggots on Wednesday
3) Stay away from gold leveraged ETFs for a while. I say this as someone who has walked away from my forays in leveraged gold at a profit...now's not the time. For at least two months it's been just hit or miss.

I'll have no skin in the game, but I would personally suggest watching BAC+B (Bank of America class B warrants) for gains in the next ten days (I would wait until it cracks below .60 and set an order for around .58) or go into good old IDSA (thank you based MagneticTapeBro) around 1.20 if you wanna get a foot in the door heading towards their next ER.

Wishing you guys all the best, I'll be thinking of you as I'm pounding down Screaming Nazis and riding artificial torrents at the water park.

>I think AMZN will be over 1 trillion by 2020.

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

AMD and carvana are two contenders. Just look at this forum and understand all this shit is mined using amd cards.

>Now I'm waiting for GS to do there thing cause for sure they are going to fuck with it and bring the price down again

Can't you just feel it coming?

AMD, properly managed, can chew off a big chunk of Intel's server business too. The thing that eats at me is that they could have done this 20 years ago and they never got around to it. New management has something to prove to make me a true believer, but the potential is there.

I sold 90% of my shares on friday right before close, got spooked and figured I'd realize my profits (bought on monday). I still think there's a good chance it keeps going up before earnings, but wasn't feeling good abt having over half my portfolio in 1 stock that alrdy went up 20% in a week.

>dayswithoutjewishtricks.jpg

I have a block of AMD shares that I bought a long time ago at a ridiculously low price. I'll keep holding that as a leap of faith that they are finally getting their shit together. But, I've lost track of how many times I have swing-traded AMD in the last year or so. Easy pickings if you are patient. The stock will eventually stabilize and the going will get tougher, but I don't think we're there yet.

What's so special this week about the gold leveraged etfs

FTC makes a decision July 7

if you buy bonds your a cuck.

i think that theres hope for us after all /rgt/ and we might have the old/biz/ back soon because nu/biz/ has only just begun to get blown the fuck out by the cryptoshit pyramid scheme. its going to be great having 3 /rgt/ threads a day again. and the threads will be even better then before because all of the /rgt/ posters that switched to cryptoshit will have committed suicide due to there massive cryptoshit bags. WERE GONNA MAKE /RGT/ GREAT AGAIN!!!!!

with all due respect, you don't know anything about making real money.

you take that back :(

>with all due respect, you don't know anything about making real money.
?

thats cute.

/rgt/ is dedicated to making actual gains. after inflation is factored in bonds dont even make money. its fine with me if you want to be a cuck just dont go try and cuck others with your shit investments.

so you have been investing in three months with a quarter of a 100grand and already you have the entire macro-economic system figured out ?

thats so cool .

ive been investing for 4 years and thats only because i started when i was 17. i dont think you've ever taken an investment advisor exam given by finra. fuck off you and go be a cuck somewhere else.

at least your enjoying yourself.

Can we just focus on gains my guys.

Looks like another good biotech day

Thanks for taking the time, though im not raunchy enough to risk %40 of my smalltime portfolio =(

If anyone likes swing trading warrants HBM+ is making massive swings. FPP+ is doing good too just not as predictable.

today feels like a long on the nasdaq kinda day

Stay away from $rad until earnings on Thursday. Rad is a shit company and is gonna get fuckblasted after earnings. The stock will probably go to $2.50.
I was in on rad last week but I got out with a profit, there is too much bad juju on this deal for my taste.

likely a beat

US dollar index shit the bed, gold unfucking itself momentarily as a result.

It was the data released about US durable goods orders (essentially purchasing of longterm capital by companies) coming under expectations. This is now adding to non-farm payrolls coming under expectation, and also adding US housing construction data coming under expectation. You do do your thing though Fed :)

Lol @ DCTH. Under .10 when?

SRNE is my play this morning

ignore the faggot you've done gud senpai

teach me pls

no bullying in /rgt/ >:(

what are the memes today boys?

CBIO

Teach me how

wait for it to break the 4.95 wall first though

yeah nvm

MARA

>giving into your fee fees when you invest

Gl with the roulette

whoops its already testing .20 again

:^)

o yeah i forgot my trip

i can give level 2 screenshots for anyone who wants it

could the RKDA and NSPR shills make the price move already

what broker do you use for lvl IIs

I want a screenshot on your TSLA short position

making gains on DCTH today

interactive brokers

did you average up? Or do you keep opening and covering shorts?

not averaged

opened and covered and opened again yes

I too cannot wait for the crash. Shud b gud

NASDAQ dip day?

i like it but it seems to get squeezed everyday

35% consistent short position

i know tell me about it

seems like it will never go down...

just a matter of when for that scam company

never easy though with cult stocks like tsla

Lol

reading $TSLA board on stocktwits is the seventh level of hell

Lol

WEW IS IT HAPPENING

stocktwits is casual for the most part

some good stuff but you have to wade through trash

Lol

I think it's a rotation into the dow, seems to be a recurring patter where when either the dow or nasdaq is up, the other is either trading sideways or dipping.

of course
its not worth paying serious attention to

small gains better than no gains

DYN+

tfw I sold my VRX too soon

Lol