/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Given the high volume of stupid questions (mostly concerning cryptocurrencies), I thought this board could use one of these threads.

Ask stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread here. I'll try to answer it to the best of my ability. And if I can't, hopefully, another kind user will.

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/tx/0x294f1b66357d439b9d75aa256d5b8ee3ec437e85ef774b40968d5f5ea4af13bf
astrolibrary.org/basics/
wlth.fr/2u8Wx5K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHY IS DGB SUCH A SHITCOINNNN???

Someone sent me some ETH, and I don't know why. It was only .1, but that's still $30... I own a bunch of .eth names, and I'm curious if someone sent me a message...?

etherscan.io/tx/0x294f1b66357d439b9d75aa256d5b8ee3ec437e85ef774b40968d5f5ea4af13bf

but no input data? isn't that where a message wolud be

Why the fuck do you faggots on here hate pump n dump groups? There's nothing wrong with them.

You're maliciously scamming the newbies.

Can someone please explain the concept of buy/sell walls? what exactly do they mean and how to use them to my advantage?

Why is no one talking about POSW anymore?

Piece of shit wallet?

This. Also, when people use bots to maniuplate price, how in general, are they doing it? Artificial sell wall which gets cancelled at a defined price? Break down the strategy for a newfag.

Is the smartest way to trade to learn about the Fibonacci pattern and reading charts?

You have .004 BTC what do you invest in?

I want to buy cryptocurrencies and play Veeky Forums's game. How do I go about doing that?
Would $2,000 be ok to start?
Any tips for someone new?

It's a long term hold, not a quick pump and dump like most people post about here. It definitely has a lot of potential

go to cryptopicasso's youtube channel, he has a pretty good video on how to use fibonacci levels on trading view. pretty easy to learn.

plugging my other comment on it

I would strongly advise selling at 1000 sats and buy back lower at 600 sats~

where the whales at halp

they exist only for whales to get buyers for their bags

buuuuump

fib can be tricky if you don't know how to use or aren't familiar with it but it's a basic tool that must be used with other TA tools it's basically just used to target or project certain prices but you first need to setup your chart with resistance and support levels to validate the fib

thoughts on bit20?, does anybody in Veeky Forums have some?

I found out about it while reading about Iconomi and bit20 seems to be better (the bit20 coin is the actual index fund)

thanks user. educating myself now.

another question.

If I'm planning to buy several coins every 2 weeks (250$ maybe) and hold them super long term, does it really matter at what price I buy them?

think of it like a savings account

It's been a year since I've registered for kraken and STILL NOT VERIFIED WHAT THE FUCK

Do I have to accept cryptos someone send me through Waves or no need?

>Any tips for someone new?
Now is not the right time to buy in, wait for the market to bottom out. If you do buy, buy Bitcoin and sit on it for a bit until you get the feel of the markets.

why does human resource department even exist in high tech companies?
human resources is good when you have low paying jobs and you need to weed out druggies and ex cons. an HR person in a high tech company is most likely to damage the company because he doesn't know what should be included inside a portfolio

I was able to make a not insignificant amount of money using coinbase, but recently I've wanted to switch to bolckfolio since it's way more feature rich, and more like a real trading platform. But I'm a colossal dumbass that doesn't know how to add money, or coin, or an account to blockfolio. How do?

blockfolio is just a tracking app man, it's not linked to anything.

if you want a more hardcore exchange try bittrex or polionex

I don't understand how to short with crypto. How would you make a profit off of selling high/buying low?

What are some good basic security tips for storing bitcoin? is a hard wallet necessary? what would you consider the bare minimum? the ideal?

because you have effectively increased the number of shares you hold. the idea of course implies that at some point the price will rise again

what coin do you guys think is going to moon next?

a year? what?

12 months back when eth was under a dollar and I wanted to buy some just for fun

jesus and i thought the three weeks i've been waiting was bad. might want to resubmit or put in a ticket user

What is TA and how does it work? Please explain in great detail.

Bought in today with coin jar money, how am I doing?

Fuck OFF ITS SHIT

you draw triangles

It doesn't, it's a meme, literally

Thanks for the non-answers. Can you at least tell me what it stands for?

Technical Analysis is a method of looking for patterns in charts to use past behavior to predict future results. Its foundation is in the idea that past results sculpt the psychology of other traders looking at the charts, and you can predict how they will behave.

For instance, if a stock has been going up a lot you can predict that more people will see it going up and want it, so they buy it, so it keeps going up through "momentum"

Then there are more complex topics like "resistance" and "testing" which is where certain values are continually pushed up against but not quite breached. Then there are patterns like head and shoulders, bull trap, bear trap, etc.

Basically it's all after-the-fact rationalization and extensive research has been done on historical market data, extracting all TA signals and seeing if any correlations occur after them

There are none, and when they do occur they're negligible and not capable of making profit with due to trading fees. This is extensive

Please read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street"

tl;dr

TA is a meme and cannot be used to predict performance, period. Past results CANNOT be correlated to future results. Period. This isn't some little saying it's the truth. And TA relies on that concept so it fails

>A Random Walk Down Wall Street
I would recommend you read "A Non-Random Walk Down Wall Street", which shows that the stock market is predictable to some degree.

>Past results CANNOT be correlated to future results.

Yes, they can. Random user here observed a H&S pattern forming on BTC a week ago. I advised him that it was suspected since the low volume levels on the ATH on 11.06, and that it is time to short and hedge.

Hope he heeded the advice.

Do you need a wallet for each cryptocurrency?

What about when buying on bittrex, is it possible to just leave it on bittrex/in the bittrex wallet?

buy high sell low is all you need to know

How does one succesfully identify manipulation through bots or otherwise?

Is there any way to use this to your advantage?

How much Cash do I need to do whale stuff?

>Do you need a wallet for each cryptocurrency?
yes
>What about when buying on bittrex, is it possible to just leave it on bittrex/in the bittrex wallet?
yes. but each currency has its own wallet.

I thought shorting was specifically borrowing something to sell and rebuy (and repay) when the price is lower?

So after I have made an account with coinbase, how do I start buying and holding coins that are not listed on coinbase? I know I need a wallet, but how do I go about getting one?

myetherwallet.com is a good place to store Eth and Eth based tokens.

For BTC you need to download a wallet. I just googled my random BTC wallet - ended up with choosing "Electrum".

You dont actually need BTC right away - but if youre looking to actively trade (and not just buy and HODL) then youre goal is to gain more BTC.

Eth can be transfered from coinbase to your address given by "myetherwallet.com" (theres a trick-site called myetherawllet.com - beware).

You sign up for an account on bittrex, kraken - do that now - it will take a few days to go through possibly.

There you can find a menu that will allow you to "deposit" (in Bittrex its the "+"-button in the wallets menu) foreign crypto; btc, eth, tokens etc. You should then be given a receiving address. Which you use to transfer to from your "myetherwallet" or your BTC wallet.

Hope this help.

Thank you for the very complete answer and for the tl;dr.
I am not sure I'm convinced of your viewpoint that it's all useless though. People are predictable and that can be exploited.

Can you explain a newb why you can't just use coinbase as your BTC wallet?

Google Mt. Gox.

HR protects the company from its employees. They're basically there to mitigate any potential issues that would result in lawsuits.
They are supposed to keep an eye on sexual harassment, racism, and all sorts of stuff that employees could sue the company for.
It's not about weeding out druggies, it's about creating a work environment that isn't going to result in a lawsuit against the company.

Is it illegal to be a memeber of a pump and dump group in telegram. Isnt telegram encrypted?

Ive heard of hardware wallets like the ledger nano s. Can they store alt coins?

Sorry to bother, I'm new to mining, was using a solo card 980ti because it's what I was gaymem with and recently bought a 1070 second hand.
1070 is now my primary and 980ti secondary gpu.
Now if I'm in x16/0/0 my computer doesn't see the 980ti anywhere and I have to change to x8/x8/0. Can't even use it to mine.
Is it because I'm not using the powered risers?
I plan on making a full rig eventually but slowly gathering parts
Mining on nicehash btw
Free electricity too

Read more about Strat and Sia and decide if you still want to keep it

how to start with crypto currencies?

Is this a good time to buy & hold BTC? What's a good buy in price? 2300? is 2500 ok?

Yeah, how the hell do I short btc?

What's your opinion on BitShares (BTS)?

Why do people talk about their altcoins in terms of BTC-value rather than USD even though the price of BTC is unstable?
An example: Let's say one altcoin (ALT) is traded for one BTC atm, which is worth $2000. Then something crazy happens and over one day BTC rises to $4000. What's gonna happen now? The price of one ALT should stay at $2000 but fall to 0.5 BTC and look like a total crash, right? Wouldn't it make more sense to only think in terms of USD values and translate every BTC price to USD when looking at charts/considering a trade?

Can you make a bitcoin sidechain with centralized features akin to ripple? For instance use trusted nodes so as to secure the chain easier?

see

How to buy crypto?

What will happen with BIP 148?

I sent £2400 to coinbase via SEPA transfer, This only equated to 2639.28 Euros. By a google conversion it should be 2732 euros. I understand the bank charges for the payment, but how the hell did it cost 93 euros?

>why does human resource department even exist in high tech companies
because women "need" makework

note from my bank was it cost £9.50. WHERE DID MY MONEY GO

Ban newfags who cba to lurk for five minutes before posting on sight.

How do you find your wallet address on bittrex? I keep missing out on Gina bc I don't know where to find

You're an idiot. It's illegal because it's insider trading.

if so, that's a scam m8
I'm not endorsing kraken but my SEPA transfer to them cost only what my bank charged me (€0,4) and a withdrawal from kraken cost me their standard fee (€0,09)

I've had a look over the SEPA payment from my bank, the reason is my bank, not coinbase. They used an exchange rate of 1.0997

:(

make sure you're looking at the crypto you want to transfer to bittrex
click the "Wallet" tab above the chart
click "Generate address"
copy-paste this address into wherever you're transferring coin from

and I thought only PayPal jews people on conversions
change your bank m9

This

Does it really matter what kind of wallet do I have? All of that shit is tored on blockchain anyways right?
Does it eventually just boils down to that wallet determines the amount of security you get?

Do people exchange BTC for altcoins, or do they use fiat to buy altcoins?

how do i choose coins for daytrading or short-term (week?) trading, and their entry and exit points? Literally only questions that matter.

both

astrolibrary.org/basics/

Their slogan says: "You store & send data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money and secure data in DigiBytes". You hear that boy? Why should you use it?
Because why not! And that's on their fucking twitter. That's so retarded I'm surprised I've actually bought that shit. I was a newbie though. Thought 1200 was a dip, sold at 1110.

This coin has no techhical advantages over the others, just another p&d crap.

bittrex or poloniex?

Not an expert but im pretty sure any dollar values of a crypto currency are based on the bitcoin value in dollars itself so its more like :
Crypto value > bitcoin value > usd

All you newbs who don't have the time to read textbooks worth of investment materials, or have lost money today on your altcoins, look into real easy automated "bot" investing in ETF's

my referral link will get you $15,000 worth of free managed money. All you gotta do is answer some questions, put your money, and get back to your animes, while easily supplementing your autismbux

wlth.fr/2u8Wx5K

Okay so I'm trying to use my ARK to vote, but when I try to it will only let me vote 1 ark at a time and it costs 1 ark to vote... this is fucking ridiculous how do I vote all of my ark at once? the wallet doesn't give me the option to do so

all it takes is 1 ARK
any subsequent change in your wallet is automatically adjusted with regard to your stake in the pool and resulting payout

have any of you even read the fucking paper? know your investment, fools

oh, thank you for clarifying

tourist here, what the fuck should i read to understand what you people talk about. id try to research it on my own, but at this point im not even sure what to look up.

lurk for meme deciphering
investopedia for fintech
zoom out on charts in case you decide to jump in
don't play with money you can't afford to lose

So I am trying to talk some prominent youtubers into setting up a crypto currency address for accepting donations. Does anyone have a good guide i could link them to for such a thing? Does that mean they need to set up a permenent address? I know they will want to have a bitcoin address and wallet because they are newbs but what other coins could i suggest and how do i tell them to set up their wallet? Please and thankyou in advance.

Why are you trying to talk people into doing something you know nothing about?

Well i know at least the very basics.. I have a few wallets myself, but i was just wondering if you guys had a good link for a guide that i could link them to.

And isnt it better to spread cryptocurrency anyway we can? I know that RDD was supposed to be the social media tipping platform but they dont have support for youtube so they are no better than litecoin i guess. And is the reason RDD has no youtube support because their app is on google chrome and google doesnt want to monetize youtube through crypto?

And if we cant encourage youtubers to accept tips through crypto then isnt that a bad sign? Surely someone has a good link otherwise of course I can tell them how to use a bitcoin wallet like electrum but its true that I am a little confused about permanent addresses versus creating a new address everytime you want to accept a payment.

Is the crypto market bearish?

not yet but we're getting close to that point, which is around $1900 per BTC

I guess this is sort of a newby question

Which sites charts are the best to judge, right now i look at coinbase because my wallet is based off there, butbi look at blockfolio and coinmarketcap and both give a fiffetent projection

Thoughts?

How do you diversify positions in crypto-trading if they all do the same damn thing? Like today's DGB/BTC, ETC/BTC, ETH/BTC ETH/USD, BTC/USD - mirror image of each other. Is it always like this?