Volhynian slaughter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

What do you know about these events? What do you think about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia#Eastern_Galicia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think Bandera did nothing wrong.

Why?

It was rightfully Ukrainian lands.

Modern day Polacks make too big of a deal about it.

Nazis killed 3 million Polish Catholics.

So it justifies murdering ~50000 civilians?

I think that Poles consider it such a big deal because the massacre was really violent (people were often tortured to death) and Ukraine still kind of considers UPA and OUN members heroes. I also don't think they ever apologized for it.

Never 4get

It's a big deal because ukrainians always complain about russians being degenerate and
>muh holodomor was orchestrated by the russians to wipe out the ukrainian people
and how totally civil and superior they are to russians when historically they are just as equally savage as the russians they love to complain about. And they accuse you of being a kremlin shill whenever you try reminding them of their black and white logic.

Nice to see that their propaganda flick crashed and burned though.

>Muh 3 gorrilian ""innocent"" polacks died
Go clean some toilets wachowski

>I also don't think they ever apologized for it.
They name streets after Bandera and the Galicia Division, so its unlikely.

They legit think that the perpetrators of the massacre were undercover NKVD agents.

Funny thing is that ukrainians are mass immigrating into poland to clean toilets there as we speak

the whole western ukraine was an absolute mess

there were
>german occupation forces, low in numbers and badly trained
>"hiwis", locals who volunteered to serve germans
>hungarians, occupation forces, badly equiped and trained
>freedom for ukr bandera partisans
>armija krajova (AK), polish home army
>ruskie partizans commanded by the red army

now how did this look in terms of who is with who

germans vs everyone but the hungarians
hungarians vs everyone but the germans the AK
AK vs everyone but hungarians
bandera vs everyone, literally everyone
partisans vs everyone

the area was moderately populated but was a quite rural place, in practice this meant villages were under control of someone, but often only a platoon was present or none at all

one side promotes a major and a judge, the other side comes in, promotes their own/burns down the village partially/executes locals for siding with the enemy

a total mess, we couldnt even fathom how little it meant to kill someone
the killing of poles is only one episode of the area at that time

that still does not justify the skinning of babies and butchering pregnant women m8

nothing justifies it ofcourse but cruelty was common practice at that time

Even to this day if you go to eastern poland most people speak both ukranian and polish and are 50/50 catholic and orthodox. It is insane how two nations so close to each other could let something like this happen. Massacres have been brutal throughout time, but Wołyń was hell on earth. Most of the murders were insanely fucked up and they used mostly farming tools.

If you can find it anywhere watch pic related with subs. It portrays a fraction of the horror, but doesn't even show the worst shit. My mother criticized it for not showing the whole thing, and my dad refused to watch it, Still very powerful and an interesting view of the ethnic and cultural dynamics in the region.

>if you go to eastern poland
Thanks, but I rather stay out of this toilet-less wasteland.

>skinning of babies and butchering pregnant women

is there any proof that these actually happened or is it just polish hearsay?

Literally the fist image in the thread.

>Literally the fist image in the thread.

im not questioning that the massacres happened what im questioning is if there was "skinning of babies and butchering pregnant women" or if its just people dramatizing the events.

its documentated apparently
obviously not every single baby was skinned but it was pretty bizarre how savage were the bandera groups

>A military journal of the Ukrainian 14th SS Division condemned the killing of Poles. In a March 2, 1944 article directed to the Ukrainian youth, written by military leaders, Soviet partisans were blamed for the murders of Poles and Ukrainians, and the authors stated that "If God forbid, among those who committed such inhuman acts, a Ukrainian hand was found, it will be forever excluded from the Ukrainian national community."[132] Some historians deny the role of the Ukrainian 14th SS Division in the killings, and attribute them entirely to German units, while others disagree.[133][verification needed] According to Yale historian Timothy Snyder, the Ukrainian 14th SS Division's role in the ethnic cleansing of Poles from western Ukraine was marginal.[134]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia#Eastern_Galicia

Bandera was in a concentration camp at the time.

Looks like a pile of soviet fakery

>I dont agree with it so it's propaganda
Alright Dima

Mykola, pls go.