Weekly voice of wisdom

Weekly voice of wisdom, with some objective investing tips that have ruled the markets for millenia. There are so many memes going around and it's scary because this is peoples' real money being influenced.

>You cannot time the market
>Technical Analysis is literally a meme, and nobody in academia or Wall Street takes it seriously. Past behavior does not predict future behavior. TA symbols are memes. They are always rationalized after the fact. "Look head and shoulders! Sell!" turns into "Oh it was just a bull trap, see I didn't read the chart right". "I didn't read the chart right" is the constant excuse of the failures of TA.
>You cannot time the market. Time in the market beats timing the market. The only exception is if you engage in insider trading, and you will be caught. Nobody who is capable of doing this is on Veeky Forums though
>Any new technology can fail if it's not marketed right, even if it's superior. Look at beta-max vs. VHS. There are countless cryptos superior to bitcoin, and they're all worthless

The only way to safely capture the gains of the entire market is to use no-load, low-fee total market index funds. Have 5% on the side for speculative investment, but know that everyone else taking part in these speculative investments are also speculating. For everyone on Veeky Forums who doubled their money there are many others who lost money, or will lose it all in the future. Be careful anons

Another important note. People are lazy as fuck. You think your dad is going to learn how to securely encrypt his bitcoin wallet and safely store his larger investment quantities offline on air-gapped computers? Haha. A LOT more innovation has to happen before this comes even remotely close to being mainstream guys. It's a long way off and there is TONS of time for bubbles to form and pop.

So tl'dr is hold

No, tl;dr is that most of your money should be in no-load, low-fee index funds, with a little bit on the side, maybe 10%, for speculative investments like crypto

why are you even trying

this board is full of 11 year old and i think, actually, like real retarded people. like, retarded, seriously

Accumulate. And HODL.

Redpill me on Technical Analysis and convince me it is a meme

So all in bitcoin?

oh would you shut the fuck up you faggot

Think about it. if it wasn't a meme you'd have countless more people that would market themselves as professional investors, probably on the same frequency as realtors, who would encourage you to give them your money because they are "professional and skilled in technical analysis", you would have investors with 10+ years experience putting ads on billboards for their services.

but guess what, you don't. you know why? BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING MEME

Three words.

Volume Spread Analysis.

>You cannot time the market
You cannot time the market perfectly. That's a little different.

>Technical Analysis is literally a meme, and nobody in academia or Wall Street takes it seriously. Past behavior does not predict future behavior. TA symbols are memes. They are always rationalized after the fact. "Look head and shoulders! Sell!" turns into "Oh it was just a bull trap, see I didn't read the chart right". "I didn't read the chart right" is the constant excuse of the failures of TA.

supply and demand is not a meme. Failures of TA are due to the complex nature of markets and unforeseen circumstances. That's why risk has to be properly managed.

>You cannot time the market. Time in the market beats timing the market. The only exception is if you engage in insider trading, and you will be caught. Nobody who is capable of doing this is on Veeky Forums though

Alright Warren Buffet.

>Any new technology can fail if it's not marketed right, even if it's superior. Look at beta-max vs. VHS. There are countless cryptos superior to bitcoin, and they're all worthless

Tell that to the ETH investors.

>but guess what, you don't. you know why?

you mean hedge fund managers?

People deviate and become emotional the moment they get in. Do you have any idea how many people actually buy at ath's? This is why cold blooded psychopaths succeed in finance. Very few people actually trade intelligently.

this. trading properly requires you to be emotionless and calculating in your actions. Easier said than done. Most people fail, but that doesn't mean it's IMPOSSIBLE.

retard

wyckoff was a wacko

People actually buy ATHs? I thought that was a meme

the truth about hedge funds is this: On average, most of them don’t beat the market.

Except people literally do this for a living.

using inside information.

Right. All daytraders and forex traders are usung insider information.
>everyone who succeeds is a cheater!
What a loser mentality.

what TA could not be transformed into an algorithm making human beings unncessary entirely? at what skill of analysis is a human better than a machine?

hello i am a psycopath iq 160 don't care about people

make me rich

Read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street", you stupid cuck. Hedge funds make money because they charge you to use them and take a large cut of gains. They take a fee even if they lose your money. Look up the 2 and 20 rule.

Fuck people are stupid. About the only fund that has consistently beat the market is Renaissance Technologies employee only fund.

Oh fuck off smart guy.. It's not impossible to have an understanding of this market. Obviously you can't have all of your decisions right.

I turned $4000 into $187000 in a year

Go big or go home

if nobody bought ATHs, then you wouldn't be able to sell at ATHs, you tard.

You gotta take TA and combine it with other shit, like news and rumors. Someday humans could probably be replaced, but not yet.
If you see a cup and handle and there's also a rumor that makes you think the price will increase, it's a good bet that it will increase. The TA plus the additional information (not insider information) leads to the bet that the price will rise.
Using TA alone isn't an exact science, lots of it only reveals itself after it happens, but knowing what rumors are floating about, how they will affect the minds and actions of other traders, combined with TA can be very successful. That's why some people get paid a shit ton of money to daytrade - because there are ways to "predict" the market. Though it's mostly about maximizing potential returns while minimizing potential losses.
They wouldn't pay people so much to do it if it didn't work.

>All daytraders and forex traders are usung insider information.
no, just the people literally doing it for a living. literally. how sweaty are you, faggot? literally.

They don't use TA you memester

Listen people, there are no consistent methods of beating the market in the longrun that anyone will teach you. If there was a consistent method M which multiple people knew, they would use it. And then it would stop working.

The ONLY methods for exploiting market inefficiencies in a consistent way is through analyzing the data yourself and looking for probabilistic patterns of inefficiency that open up in the form of arbitrage opportunities, time zone differences and trader habits, and subtle things such as this which literally disappear a day or two after someone finds them out. Everything else is already cornered by algorithmic traders

You people are talking in abstract generalizations, "Yes it can be done, you just have to analyze the patterns and-" stop - yeah things can be done, but whatever the hell TA people with their charts do is NOT how to do it.

If a person can visually spot when to buy and sell, I can assure you an algorithm can do it 100000x better, and there is one out there already doing it

TA is a meme, period, no exceptions, SORRY

Tons of cucks in a temporary high due to the profits they made in a large bull run, but they'll come crashing down when their methods don't work in the longterm. I doubt any of you will beat the market. Yeah some of you doubled your money right now. But you cannot keep this up, period, it's impossible, nobody does and if you do you'd be hired right away by top firms. But you aren't, you're just some loser on the internet or a day trader who is barely scraping by

Buy high sell low my man, it's that simple. I don't know what you're raving on about.

Hi, while I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, I would like to add that if you are good at daytrading it is possible to make consistent profits with it. Just need to be disciplined and never FOMO

>like real retarded people. like, retarded, seriously
weut? why?

>Tons of cucks in a temporary high due to the profits they made in a large bull run, but they'll come crashing down when their methods don't work in the longterm.
This is me. I doubled my money due to DGB mooning but since then everything I buy goes down.

Not buying at ATH because it's ATH is a meme.

>literally
>literally
>literally
die

figuratively?

I lost 0.20 BTC today due to impulse buys even though I was well aware that it's bad. :(

so how much did you have to lose before you figured out that you're a loser?

Op, I love you.

I'm really torn between giving up on this board and spending 80+ hours writing a sourced in-depth sticky on everything from Bogleheads retirement investing to crypto trading. With a few "get out of depression" and "career advancement" articles.

Kinda my sentiment, but there's this inkling of hope that we can turn this around. Remember when millionaires did AMA on Veeky Forums and people looked for business ventures? Ah.

Anyone who says TA doesn't work is a retard

You just have to program it so you take the emotions and subjectivity out of it.

The chart doesn't really lie.

TA works on certain assets for two reasons

1. It's patterns based off people's behaviour
2. Many people believe in it that much that it can dictate the market rather than predict

If you honestly think "head and shoulders" and "triangles" is all there is to TA then you really don't have much experience mate

>The chart doesn't really lie

everything that effects price is reflected in price. price moves up, down or sideways. a little education and a 20 ema on a candlestick chart are more than enough to see what's going to happen next. op is just too stupid to figure it out.

Yeah but you bought in just as money was shifted into alt-coins

>>> the only methods for exploiting the market is through analyzing data yourself and looking for probabalistic patterns of inefficiency, that open up in the form of trader habits.

Literally what TA is.

I basically just look at volume as a form of TA. It don't lie and doesn't look like wedges, heads, teacups, dicks. It's like looking at clouds.The shapes everyone uses - I don't buy in on that.

What makes you think the U.S. economy is going to keep growing 7% a year for the next 40 years? What's stopping the U.S. from turning into Japan?

Which chart websites have the best volume display?

Research byteball, best HODL coin right now