Are modern Egyptians descended from the Ancient Egyptians

Are modern Egyptians descended from the Ancient Egyptians

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_languages
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By and large you don't descend from one or the other - the vast majority of modern Egyptians would have some blood from the invading Arabs and some blood from the native stock of the country. But there have been numerous studies done here, and it seems like the invasions account for less than 10% of the DNA in the Modern Egyptian population. You can find more information here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt

What's interesting to note here, though, is that the ancient Egyptians spoke an Afro-Asiatic language, related to the Semitic languages like Arabic and Hebrew, as well as the Berber and Ethiopian languages. So the DNA of the ancient Egyptians seems to have been much closer to that of the Arabs' ancestors than to those of sub-Saharan Africa. It makes the analysis more complicated, because you have two waves of Afro-Asiatic people coming in - first the ancestors of the ancient Egyptians, then the Arabs who invaded their descendants.

But overall, it looks like the vast majority of the modern Egyptian bloodline comes from the pre-Arab ancestors, which isn't surprising.

So Arabs did not chase away all the Black Egyptian people and replace them

Replacing all the native people is very difficult, it only happened a few times in History.

The egyptians were never black retard

Only the Copts are. The rest need to go back to Saudi Arabia.

No. they got arab'ed

Egyptians were descended from shitskins of the Arabian/Sinai peninsula in the first place. That's why they were darker than Levantines and Mesopotamians.

when will those sandnigs let us genetically test some ancient mummies to compare to modern populations?

Dude it's not just Arabs, but generalize Near Easterners (leaking in since the Hyskos era and maybe even before) Greeks, Persians, Romans of various ethnicities, Turks, Circassians, Albanians, Brits and French. Not to mention that the Black Plague killed 40% of the native population. The people around the Delta are most likely higher than just 10% and it likely gets lower in the more remote areas.

The majority were dark brown which you see in today's Southern Egyptians (pic related) with a significant fair population best represented by modern Copts.

Why is it that every Egyptian Copt I meet is pale as fuck?

Well you see the pale type in lots of egyptian art (usually women portrayed that way. So they were probably there too; especially in northern egypt. But their type certainly wasn't the majority of ancient egypt but they certainly don't have arab mixture either .

No, of course not, why would they be?

Perhaps Hyksos mixture in the North but they certainly don't have any Persian, Greek, and other mixture as per the studies. The genetic impact of these invasions are for the most part overstated. Something like 10-15% of their makeup is due to foreign mixture at most. I suspect Upper-Southern areas to have even less and Copts certainly have less than that due to no arab mixture and they don't look much different from the majority in terms of phenotype.

Culturally arabized and islamized . Not so much genetic. Copts have 0 arab mixture and don't look much different phenotype-wise.

What? We have done, dozens, hundreds of times. Turns out, modern Misri are basically the same as ancient Egyptians.

>pale

That's stretching it.

They're more like Europeans, whereas the Arabs are more Africanized. During the Hellenistic period, Greek-Copt marriages were relatively common.

>Afro-Asiatic language, related to the Semitic languages

no its not

Not closely, but related.

show me the relation between afro-asiatic and semitic

im not baiting, im curious because i didnt know there was any connection

Semitic is a subfamily of Afroasiatic, like Germanic is of Indo-European.

>evolved inot demotic

Reee Demotic is just a writing script, it's the same damn language.

>Semitic
>/sJˈmJtJk/
>adjective
>1.
>relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

that's nice but what are the similarities between egyptian and semitic

as far as i know the organization of afroasiatic languages has no real agreement

i simply would like to know of tangible similarities between egyptian and semitic (hebrew or arabic)

so what is the relation, geographical convenience?

i thought they were refusing to publicly release mummies y haplogroups.

What? They're from the same ancestral language, as anyone with even the most passing knowledge of Egyptian or any Semitic language could immediately tell you.

You thought wrong.

>anyone with even the most passing knowledge of Egyptian or any Semitic language could immediately tell you.

Well, clearly you have some passing knowledge. So tell me how they're related beyond "they're under the same wiki header."

So Hebrew originates in Africa?

>Among the typological features of Egyptian that are typically Afroasiatic are fusional morphology, nonconcatenative morphology, a series of emphatic consonants, a three-vowel system /a i u/, nominal feminine suffix *-at, nominal m-, adjectival *-ī, and characteristic personal verbal affixes.[5] Of the other Afroasiatic branches, Egyptian shows its greatest affinities with Semitic, and to a lesser extent Cushitic.[6]

They are EXTREMELY alike, there is absolutely no doubt at all that they are very closely related.

>So Hebrew originates in Africa?

Are you dense or just pretending?

so it's a blanket term with no substance behind it and no one can actually state its similarities

You DUMB bastard.

>You thought wrong.

got any links to mummies y haplogroups then?

> dumb

But you're the one not saying anything.

Why would I when it's so funny watching you make a total fool of yourself? Go on, tell us some more about how Hebrews came from Africa, you dense fucker.

It's considered a language family precisely because the clear similarities. Like in the other language families.

>Go on, tell us some more about how Hebrews came from Africa, you dense fucker.

Except I'm arguing against that and going further by saying there's no tangible similarities between Egyptian and Semitic, so that the Afro-Asiatic language group is nothing but geographical convenience made by lazy scholars.

Show me these clear similarities.

Read this,and the external links in case you want to know about stuff like Akkadian-Egyptian lexical matches. Languages families are studied as fuck around the world, sorry if that ruin your wewuzing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_languages

Hahahaha tell us more about your academic expertise that outweighs literally centuries of scholarship, oh cretinous chanturd who is apparently too stupid to operate google?

And before you start with crying about da white is lying
>In the 9th century, the Hebrew grammarian Judah ibn Quraysh of Tiaret in Algeria was the first to link two branches of Afroasiatic together; he perceived a relationship between Berber and Semitic. He knew of Semitic through his study of Arabic, Hebrew, and Aramaic.

where are the arguments, please?

Centuries of study of existing and recorded languages, where are your arguments?

How are you so easily baited

Not according to genetics. Egyptian arabs are usually the same as copts(even look different than arabs), they just speak arabic because for years the muslims used it as a common language.

If language makes you an arab descendant then the sudanese most also "go back to Saudi Arabia" as you put it.

I doubt that a bit. Southern egyptians are on the border between egypt and nubia(north sudan) and unsurprisingly they look like a mix of both.

I think they looked more like bassem youssef. Tanned, curly hair, with levantine features.