Thracians

How could thracian culture and language completely vanish in a span of few centuries?
Herodotus called them the second-most numerous people in the part of the world known by him after the Indians.

>Herodotus
Ancient scribes said a lot of things. Most things said concerning numbers was prolly bullshit

For whatever reason, romans actively surpressed and assimilated them

They lost and should be forgotten

Because they never centralized, they were divided and fought each other. They were great warriors but shit soldiers, they lost most battles they fought against the greco-roman beta manlets, thus ending thracian chad supremacy.

Yeah but still its fascinating how can a language can disappear like that without a trace.

unconstrained immigration

what is the differance between thracians and phonecians

Are you literally retarded???

"thracian" starts with t

Roman language is still present in Macedonia despite romans being long fucking gone and this land had a numerous population changes. I mean Illyrians, Goths, Avars, Slavs, Bulgarians, Ottomans you name it.

Was that ending meant to be a bad pun.

I swear to God.

AFAIK they never wrote it down, then they got assimilated partly by the Greeks and completely by the Romans and then Slavs. So its not really a mystery.

You mean Aromani? Forgot the Cumans and Magyars.

How close were they to the Greeks? Did the worship Zeus? Did they have drama? Did they know the Iliad?

Everybody in the Mediterranean knew the Iliad

ROMA INVICTA

Thracian preslavshit slavshit barbarians a shit

Did slavs encounter any thracians when the zerg rushed the Byzantine empire?

I am fairly sure slavs come to be long after thracians were gone.

Did they encountered any ancient macedonians?

Yes we are still here

t. Slavko Dobrevski

Thracians lived in modern Bulgaria, Phoenecians lived in modern Lebanon.

Welcome to Veeky Forums newfag.

They were already getting Hellenized after Alexander the Great. They probably just started speaking Greek and marrying Greeks to the point where there wasn't any distinction between them.

>Thracians
>described as fair and red haired by the Greeks and Romans
>Bulgarians are some of the darkest people in Europe

Something happened.