""Italy""

>""Italy""
>Not Greater Sardinia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Italy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh an Italy thread!

Reminder that Corsica is rightfully Italian.

That is all.

>Greater Sardinia
> not i'll Regno delle Due Sicilie e un po 'più terra

So is Dalmatia and Piedmont and Tripolitania and Albania

they can keep albania

"Risorgimento was a mistake" - Giuseppe Garibaldi

so why did they call it Italy anyway

Oh, we can sell you Corsica...
Or we can even give it to you...
Please take Corsica, we dont want it anymore...
Its populated by stupid apes that always go on how they never were invaded by niggers but sure do act like them...
They always scream about independance but get 5 times as much money from the mainland than they generate.
PLEASE TAKE THEM

Because their language is called "Italian".

Out of all of Italy how the fuck did Sardinia unite the country. I thought they were nobodies.

Id sum it up but just read this

if you read the Vatican statement after the Breccia di Porta Pia and the conquest of Rome in 1871, you'll see that the Pope refers to italian soldiers as 'Sardinians'

it was not Sardinia, it was Piedmont/Savoy.
The capital was Turin, "Kingdom of Sardinia" was just a meme name, actually the army was in Turin, the parliament was in Turin and the decisions were taken there

So like regular Italians? :^)

Was the destruction of the Lombard state a good or bad thing to happen form an Italian point of view?

>tfw no Savoy, Nizza, Corsica, Istria and Dalmatia

Out of all of these, I'm the most assblasted about Istria. Fuck, it's such a beautiful region with amazing Venetian architecture. There is even a Roman arena in pristine condition there. Now it's populated by filthy Sl*vs. Why couldn't we lose some shitty region like Sicily, Sardinia or Calabria instead?

It went wrong after 22 march 1860

basically this as for why they called it the Kingdom of Sardinia, it's because the name of kingdom carried more weight in politics than the Duchy of Savoy, the parent country.

beggars can't be choosers pham

>forgetting canton ticino, durazzo, valona, corfù, malta, creta, negroponte, cipro, achea, morea and the peloponnesus

>Tfw most irrelevant state in Italy

You had your time. Terronia had theirs with Magna Graecia too. Now make way for the big boys.

I guess ol' jawman should have focused on that, instead of adventuring in africa

no pal, better not meddle with Yugoslavia ethnical bullshit more than strictly necessary

First for FVG.

>Durazzo, Valona, Corfu, Creta, Negroponte, Cipro, Achaea, Morea, Peloponnesus
Why not just take all of Greece and Albania then?

sound like italians to me

Reminder that Napoleon was from there.

i mean, durazzo is in dalmatia no?

>Venetian
Reminder: Venice is not Italian. We'll be free again someday.

hey, i'm thinking of doing some backpacking/hitchhiking in south-east Europe this summer
thoughts on going from Venice to Istanbul?

Honestly I'd stay out of there right now.

You are Italic though. It's pretty much the same thing.

Don't forget the ridiculous murder rate and honour killing culture. Do the French actually bother to police it? My knowledge is a few years old.

well shit

Thank god he made it out of there.

Corsicans are ethnic Italians that live under French Government.

Corsica still got that mafia culture (although the Armenian one is probably the most influential in southern France) and use to regularly bomb empty touristy places, which is the only real source of in come for their island, to protest for their independance. But it actually cooled down in the past few years, Marseille is the city in the spotlight nowadays for this kinds of things.

Cheers.

did it annoy italians when King Emmanuel became king because he was Sicilian

And this guy too, so it cant be all that bad.

my bad, Sardinian

Is Italy the successor to Rome?

No again...