What would he think about the atrocities commited in WW2 and the fact that his music was appropiated by the Nazis?

What would he think about the atrocities commited in WW2 and the fact that his music was appropiated by the Nazis?

He would hate the Nazis considering he fought in a leftist revolution against capitalists. He would have wanted Strasser as Chancellor.

Also Parsifal is anti-war so it stands to reason he would have hated their expansionism.

i'm a huge wagner freak and this is always a problem, but for me there's no problem in separating his ideas from his music. his bad reputation and being illegal to play his music is really unfair because there are tons of artists who had reprehensible views yet we can forget about them easily. as for your question, he would probably feel some sense of Teutonic pride (channeling King Heinrich singing "dann schmäht wohl Niemand mehr das deutsche Reich") but to think he wouldn't have found a lot that was reprehensible about the Nazi reich is improbable.

>banned
Are you Israeli? The founder of Zionism was a huge Wagner fan and I find that ironic.

what sort of fag would ban classical music?

>proud Germans
>yas I lud it
>an Austrian commoner likes it
>das bad, he shall hung

the state of Israel

I guess individuals have an easier time with their internal "contradictions" than ideological masses or states. that is some great irony

Apocalypse Now is banned in Israel?

they should be ashamed

He can't really complain, since he appropriated all his music from Liszt anyway.

I don't know but that would also be ironic given that Joseph Conrad was Polish, don't know if his family was Jewish though

>Although Wagner's works are broadcast on Israeli government-owned radio and television stations, attempts to stage public performances in Israel have raised protests, including protests from Holocaust survivors. In 1981 Zubin Mehta, as an encore at an orchestral concert on Tel-Aviv, played extracts from Tristan und Isolde, after offering those who wished (including two members of the orchestra who had asked to be excused) the opportunity to leave. Despite a few vocal protests, most of the audience stayed to the end of the piece.[40][41] In 1992, Daniel Barenboim programmed works by Wagner at a concert of the Israel Philharmonic, but this was cancelled after protests, although a rehearsal was opened to the public.[42] The first documented public Israeli Wagner concerts were in 2000, when the holocaust survivor Mendi Rodan conducted the Siegfried Idyll in Rishon LeZion, and in August 2001 when a concert conducted by Daniel Barenboim in Tel Aviv included as an encore an extract from Tristan und Isolde, which divided the audience between applause and protest.[43] A concert with works by Wagner was announced for 18 June 2012 in Tel Aviv;[44] however these plans were abandoned after protests.[45]
It isn't banned in Israel, retards. Public performances are allowed but public pressure stops it. I guess when the last Holocaust victims die it won't be as controversial.

>prevented by public outrage in a democracy
>not banned
earth to user

so funny that people actually think things like this, having an extreme simplistic opinion about something that is obviously more complex. even if he did steal something (what specifically?) he is still responsible for creating a huge operatic oeuvre

Read the greentext. A lot of these performances were allowed, or if they were stopped by protests, musicians allowed audiences to listen to their performances of Wagners in more informal occasions. It's also not unheard of for public outrage to stop things in other democracies. Israel is not an outlier in this.

Liszt didn't even write any operas which means he had no social or political thoughts worth getting across. This Wagner >>>>Liszt.

>a lot
Since the creation of Israel Wagner has been performed there a handful of times. It's virtually banned due to being perceived as a faux pas.

He didn't like Jews, like any sane and normal person, but I don't think he would have condoned mass killings.

In his books he said he was fine with the Ashkenazi race but wanted them to convert to Christianity and German culture.

What would he think about the atrocities commited in present-day europe and the fact that his music was appropiated by the Multicultists?

the grandest performances of the ring cycle are at the Met anyhow

Bayreuth does Wagner great IMO. The Met is better for Italian opera, minimalost opera and Vienesse operetta.