Latin title for my paper on Claudius

I am writing a paper on Claudius and I want to give the paper a Latin title. I am thinking something like, "Claudio Imperatore Infirmi" for, "Claudius the Infirm Emperor," but I am uncertain about if the Latin is correct as I've only used Google translate. I didn't know where to ask but thought this board would suffice. Is the Latin correct?

Also, any critiques on the title? I suppose you'd have to read the essay to know what I should call it but what are your intuitions about it? The paper is for a history of the Roman empire collegiate class and I am supposed to compare how a modern historian and Suetonius evaluate the emperor.

Cheers.

poor uncle claudius

Seconding this

Pauper Patruus Claudius it is

OPus faggotus

Seriously though, the poor guy could not catch a break. According to Suetonius, the man often took a nap after he ate dinner, and his family and guests would throw olives at him while he slept, and would put slippers on his hands and then hit his face with a stick to wake him up and upon waking he'd clutch his face with his slipper hands- getting whatever was on those slippers on his face.

He'd struggle to find a place to sit during dinner. I could imagine him slugging around and asking, "um... excuse me... sir... I um, usually sit here."

Apparently when he suspected Messalina and Silius of conspiring against him he, "... ran in great fright, and a very shameful manner, to the camp, asking all the way he went, "if the empire were indeed safely his.""

Even his triumph after the campaign in Britannia was performed in a, "solemn manner."

The poor guy.

Is this definitely correct Latin or did you just use Google translate?

"Infermi" is plural. I think you want "Claudius, Imperatore Infirmus"

I'm 99% positive it is
Dunno if the romans used "pauper" in that sense tho

Robert Graves fan detected.

>According to Suetonius

Got to read Suetonius with a HUGE grain of salt, though.

>Dunno if the romans used "pauper" in that sense tho

Pretty sure they did not. Maybe "infortunatus?" Or "infelicis?"

Been WAY too many years since I studied Latin...

I am, cheers. The image is funny though, however true.

Miserabilis?

don't worry about the title, the professor won't care about that.

Suetonius was like Oliver Stone. and he really hated Livia. he made her out to be a villain, but in reality, she wasn't

How did the Romans view Claudius after he died? Was there any feeling of admiration for an underdog that reached the top? Or was he seen by future generations as an embarrassing retard that shouldn't be talked about, like Carlos II?

Seneca's "Pumpkinification" pretty much ruined Claudius's reputation for centuries.

That is 100% incorrect.

Claudius Imperator Perditus or
Claudius Imperator Excors

More of the latter. His successors disregarded many of his pronouncements and edicts believing him to have been senile and foolish, and cucked by his wife. Romans tended not to like him because he was bookish and learned instead of a dynamic, vainglorious military man. His works on Etruscan history for instance have not survived because nobody gave enough of a shit to preserve them.

Thanks, could you translate, "Poor uncle Claudius" as well? I might use that instead.

Cheers.

The correct would be "De Claudio Imperatore Infirmo", if you want to say something like "On Claudius, the infirm emperor". If you want only to say "Claudius, the infirm emperor", then it must be "Claudius, imperator infirmus".

I think instead of "pauper" it should be "miser". At least I've seem the latter used in the sense of "poor ...!".

Why "infirmus" is incorrect?

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna go with, "De Claudio Avunculo Misero"

Thanks for the idea.

Claudius was too good for the Romans. I'm glad their stupid empire fell.

If you don't know Latin then don't use a Latin title you pretentious shit bitch.

I am fine with admitting I received help on the title.