I fucked up my investment banking internship and was told to leave by the end of the week...

I fucked up my investment banking internship and was told to leave by the end of the week. Is suicide the only option now? I don't want to go back to being a data entry monkey again.

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/pumpsoldiers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what did you do

>not being an ETH day trader

howd you fuck it up? put too much company cash into ETH?

Why the fuck are you going to work the rest of the week if you're just a fucking intern?

how did you fuck it up??

Tell us op

Fucking larper faggot doesn't even tell us what he did.

Neck yourself, LARP

sell boi pussy for ETH

he probably jumped out the window already

he probably axed some guy by accident in his apartment after covering the murder scene in plastic while blasting lewis and the news

this, they dont keep you around for a week after telling you that they are firing you.... I smell LARP

Sorry for the delay in replying, I just got home.

I messed up some figures in my LBO presentation to the vice president I was working for, who was going to present it to some clients of his.

When he found the mistake, he straight up flipped and told me to get the fuck out in front of everyone in the office.

I practically begged HR to keep me on for the rest of the week so I can atleast scrape a good reference from them. They've got me working in the mail room now.

>fucking up an internship
go back to data entry.

that's a little unreasonable

I found solution for your problem t.me/pumpsoldiers

talk to his boss, sounds like he overreacted

Own up to your mistake and stop crying like a little bitch.

Jesus christ dude.. how do you expect to gain ANY respect in a professional workplace if you cry and beg on your god damn knees

if you can't maneuver your way around a little screw up you have no chance of making it in corporate america

dude you really think they are going to give you a good reference, they are playing you for a chump now, they are most likely not going to actually give you a good reference they are just bullshitting you...get the fuck out of there lad

lol at thinking at president of this company is gonna give a shit about some intern, especially one who has already shown he's a fuckup

if some intern is able to cripple the vice president like he apparently did it's obviously a tiny company... You dont actually think every investment bank is a Goldman Sachs, too big to fail type place do you?

This, also why weren't figures checked before presenting, by others? What an unnecessary situation.

yeah man, you're right. I'm a 28 year old fucking failure in life and everyone including my parents knows that.

After slaving as a data entry monkey at a local state university for 7 years, the best I could do is get some shitty unpaid internship in a mid sized boutique IB firm.... and still I managed to fuck it up.

>being a defeatist wageslave

and this is why you fail

loser

Isn't putting numbers into a presnetaiton basically data entry? how much did you fuck up at your old job? Is that why you left? After the first year they were gonna fire you but you gave BJ's to the whole staff to keep you on?

They finally got tired of your shit and errors so you left and started working without getting paid.. Then you fucking BEGGED to keep working and not get paid? jesus dude.

Dont worry, Man. Fuck em. That dude stressing out is probably because he is incompetent himself. You might lose the internship, dont let them aholes steal you self worth aswell.

what self worth? he is literally begging to stay on and work without being compensated.

If he didn't catch that mistake, how much would that presentation to the clients have cost to the company?

Own up to your mistake. Explain that you understand the implications to what you did, explain that you understand the importance of triple checking the figures for accuracy, explain that you will be very mindful of this.

But do that once you really understand why he got so upset, if you just tell him bullshit he'll see right through it. Also don't beg.

If you can't improve and communicate then you are just a data entry monkey.

I didn't fuck up in my old job thats why I stayed there for 7 years. It was pretty comfy but the pay was shit with no room for growth and I was basically still living with my parents.

Trust me guys, I am working on an exit plan as we speak. Whether its going to be jumping or hanging, I still haven't made up my mind yet though.

will you be a bro and send me your bitcoin before you do it

135CY8WV8mJnqA4yE9nDFnBqKWeS9hbc21

>If he didn't catch that mistake, how much would that presentation to the clients have cost to the company?

He actually used it in the presentation to the clients. Some figures were off and he had to correct them embarrassingly. The clients were some rich Arabs from Saudi Arabia, so I'm guessing we've lost them now because of my fuckup.

It was my fault entirely.

Ouch.

Yeah find another job. You can always rebuild.

Don't kill yourself though, not worth it for something like this.

I dont know.. if i was a wagecuck and had to spend half my waking hours in a damn office i would off myself within a month.

Also if he didn't catch the mistake he fucked up too which would explain why he's so mad.

To be honest, he's probably getting a lot of shit for it, but it's not entirely your fault.

Still want to get out of there and find a better place.

If you leave me your blockchain portfolio I'll send flowers to your gravel annually and show up as a mystery guy who stands silently in the background that nobody knows.

if you think you can do better than start your own business

but be prepared to make it a lifestyle cause the benefit of being a wagecuck is that you work and then you get to chill after you finish work.

if you're running your own shit then that is basically what you're going doing with your time

if you just want free money then buy bitbean

At least you have money go to thailand and open a boat rental do something crazy change your life ... but dont kill yourself, if you really plan on killing yourself we can talk im private about everything, ive been there.

>vice president
if somebody doesn't know VP in investment banks is just a buzz word. about 30% of employees are VPs.

Not going to give to you personally but I will dump my wallets on Veeky Forums before I off myself

I got a bitcoin full of beans at 40 sat two months ago, sold at 400. Invest wisely and you will have all the free time you want.

I made more money than most people make in a year just because i bought into badass mascot at a low price.

>fucked up my investment banking internship
> I don't want to go back to being a data entry monkey again

But working at ib is a power-point monkey job, what is the difference apart from x3 working hours and x5 pay rate?

I get paid $18,000 as a data entry cuck for 8 hours a day and still live with parents who hate me for being such a failure in life.

Well you know there's a chance that these coins could shoot back up in value especially around August. What if you did something wild and joined the military or smthn instead?

how did you manage to get an internship at all, having such a crappy job in your resume? It is possible to imagine such a transition after MBA, but straight move from crappy data entry job to clear ib looks strange.

DO YOU GET TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES AT ALL

move out.

I think the whole failure in life thing is in your head, you feel that way but you're definitely not if you are capable of making a post on Veeky Forums (I know that's setting the bar low but it still follows)

if your parents tell you that you're a failure in life, tell them to fuck off and move out

There's always a way to deal with any given situation. If you just want to off yourself because you're facing adversity then you are totally in a wagecuck pleb mindset and deserve to wagecuck and play video games for the rest of your life

"Fucking up" as an intern is not that hard, if your boss is an idiot.

Man up, take it as an experience and harden your shell. Especially in finance this is needed, as large finance companies are full of idiots, bootlickers and pretentious "vice presidents".

Had a similar situation when I had the opportunity to hire the intern afterwards. One of the best interns I had.

Don't worry - just get over yourself, find what you love and do it.

I promise you user, investment banking is a bag of wank. No love in it.

Just learn your lesson about numbers, and find what you love. This is the best thing that ever happened to you and you just don't know it yet.

You will feel shitty for a little bit, but pick yourself up and be a man after.

>the mail room
kek, top larp

Well I'm studying for my CFA so I guess thats how I got an internship in the first place

Move out where? I don't exactly have many friends I can share a room with at my age, and most are now married

you should shoot up the place

>I don't exactly have many friends I can share a room with at my age

How about strangers?
Friends of your friends?

Buy some beans..nobody is going to handhold you in the world. carve out your own destiny.

go back and live with your parents if you can't handle taking the responsibility of caring for yourself.

Why should I rent out with a couple of strangers shelling out $1000 per month in rent when I can pay $0 and live with my parents?

it's not like you gonna give it to me but here anyway
eth
0x592fecd5a3b6ebceca0474dcd02fa9ebf96d0ec8

Is whatever emotional abuse you're taking from your parents is worth 1000 per month? If so then chin-up buttercup

>internship
>putting interns within an arm's reach of clients
Does your boss have Downs Syndrome?
Is your company Acne Niggers Inc?

It was just copying and pasting some shit into a Powerpoint slide which my boss didn't have time to do.

Can't believe I still fucked it up.

This. If the vice president is that incompetent it would just be a matter of time until this same thing happened with other clients if you didn't fuck up.

If i were VP of Faggot and Fag Associates i wouldn't trust an intern to do some figures for the local ISIS money launderer, cool larp anyway fella

Spoken like someone who has never worked a day in corporate.

No, this is where you just quietly apologize and get out of their sight. You just shutup and learn from it which is what it sounds like OP is trying to do. If you get fired then you get fired, but that's about as much "owning up" to any huge fuckup anyone is going to want to hear from a fucking intern anyway.

Trying to stand up for yourself as an intern after making a monumental mistake is how office assaults that mysteriously have zero witnesses take place.

Learn to code or do a trade for god's sake.

Programming or electricity, depends on whether you like to sit at a desk for the rest of your life or not.

>is how office assaults that mysteriously have zero witnesses take place
Is this a common thing? Do zero witnesses guarantee they can do it and walk away?

Own up meaning don't fucking beg to HRfor your UNPAID JOB. If you fucked up enough to get fired, take ownership of it and walk out with some god damn dignity.

I wasn't talking about getting in a pissfight with a VP.

>Why should I rent out with a couple of strangers shelling out $1000 per month in rent when I can pay $0 and live with my parents?

If my parents would be as horrible as you describe it, then just fuck it all and move away after your CFA. No problem with getting a well paid job with that.

you watch too many movies

Don't kys OP. I'm 27 and a failure as well. I have ADHD and no degree since I went undiagnosed in my childhood. I taught myself programming lately and am working on a game in hopes of improving my life.

You should pick up something in your free time as well. We're gonna make it, good luck.

I hate programming and the only thing I enjoy doing in my free time is fapping.

sperm bank, sexbot, or you can do livecam shows. Be your own boss

don't do it bro, who dares wins
there may be a great breakthrough for you just around the corner but you can only find out if you give it a shot

t. 35y.o. who quit 2 years ago and started another career

If you're on your way of getting your CFA, why not just apply somewhere else and don't tell about your failed internship?

OP, OP, OP. Literally just fuck off to East Asia and become one of those douchebags teaching English. Can't be worse than data entry.

Where did you start with programming, can you make a short guide?
t. 29yr old failure here

OP, not worth offing yourself for. Learn from the mistake that wagecucking is bullshit. Start on your own. If you don't have money to, by all means, wagecuck for a few extra months... But just learn it as a lesson of life.

I started by learning Java (head first java PDF), then I switched over to C# because Unity3D supports it. Java is very similar to C# so the transition was easy.

But honestly, forget games, the market is super oversaturated with indies. If I was to start anew, I would go balls deep with Swift and get into iOS app development. Just don't be a lazyfag like me

>29yr old failure here
you're gonna make it as well bro

this, he's already in the mail room so going postal is a definite option

what company/location?