Reminder that those of us who were smart enough to short instead of "buying the dip" are laughing while you are crying

Reminder that those of us who were smart enough to short instead of "buying the dip" are laughing while you are crying

5 BTC is poor you beta cuck

Nice, you did post yesterday too, right? With around 2 BTC profit iirc. I'm shorting since 0.135 as well.

you are obviously just bitter because you lost all your money

thank god i'm not you

yea that was me

Enjoy getting margin called and losing everything like those GDAX faggots a couple days ago.

NEVER GO INTO DEBT, PERIOD.

gj op, saw your thread yesterday. i was gonna short but i'm still waiting for fucking polo verification so i couldnt do shit.

0 BTC holder spotted

So let me get this straight. U borrow eth from lenders. Sell it quick then wait for the crash then buy the original amount lended to you at a lower price. Give back the lended eth and keep the change?

wtf is a short??!?! i was promised i'd be a millionaire if i bought eth ffs

yes
The problem is, in difference to going long, your losses can reach an infinite amount theoretically.
To lose 100% of a long position your stock/coin has to reach effectively zero, to lose 100% of a short position it only has to double in value, looking at crypto that's easily possible in a few hours.
Leverage only worsens those numbers.

when you are shorting, you are technically "borrowing" to buy back at a lower price, but knowing the technicalities behind it isn't important

just think of shorting as the opposite of a buy order, it very simple and as easy as buying, but you are profiting from the value going down instead of up

Did you close it yet? Or do you expect it to keep falling.

Uh, I'd love to make money with zero risk, but....

Who the fuck let's you borrow bitcoin in order to short it? Tell me your ways, this has been a dream of mine but I didn't know it was possible.

nah.

you can only short a few altcoins. you can't short BTC on poloniex,

if you want to short BTC/USD find one of the bigger bitcoin exchanges.

kraken does, up to 5x

>Who the fuck let's you borrow bitcoin in order to short it? Tell me your ways, this has been a dream of mine but I didn't know it was possible.

Considering you just wrote this, I promise that you will get fucking slaughtered and lose 100% of your money. If you want to try margin trading, at least watch a couple of videos and/or read about it beforehand. Start with a SMALL amount that you can afford to lose (couple % of your portfolio) until you feel that you really got the hang of it. Otherwise you'll be hung out to dry, 100% guaran-fucking-teed.

Do I need to buy BTC in order to short it? Right now I don't think any nerd out there is willing to lend out coin on margin... it sounded too good to be true.

Ever since BTC went classic parabolic and into unrealistic valuations, I wanted to short it so much. There was talk of a cryptocurrency ETF but that didn't happen, obviously because everyone else in the financial world thought it was overvalued.

Afaik, Bitcoin when parabolic because Chinese investors were gimped by harsh banking laws and the literal only way they could invest outside of (hot garbage since the economic slowdown) Chinese financial instruments was Bitcoin because lolcrypto.

Then the Chinese gov't issued a harshly worded threat against Chinese buying cryptocurrency and that was the first massive sell-off.

Now it's the classic bull trap pattern before it collapses back down to whatever it was, since it's fake virtual internet money strictly useful for black/grey market transactions I'd value it at half of what it is now.

So I'd like to short it. Somebody want to lend me some bitcoin? I can pay it back with 15% interest in one year. Oh wait, how does that work? you'd have no idea who I am and no way to collect your money. Future money is very lulzy.

Yeah, you're probably right. The shit people put their money into doesn't make a lot of sense and it's dangerous to fuck with a belligerent spirit animal like BTC. I'd like to try, a little bit though,

1000 Euro over a month to see the market is retarded or if I am, or both.

Thanks, bruh, will look into that.

holy shit you are actually the biggest fucking retard lmao

doesn't even know how margin trading works and thinks he can see the future of bitcoin

g fucking g

You need to provide collateral to short. I don't know what Polo accepts as collateral, but on Kraken you can use fiat, BTC and ETH. Nobody is going to lend you coins OTC to short. You need to do it through an exchange.

>short btc
>double your btc when it crashes
>your btc is worth zero
wew

don't fall for the meme, dude. You're no globalist, you can't see outside your shitter neither.
> Thinks he is knowledgeable

Good job user
I'm only smart enough to know I don't have enough foresight to time it right
All I can do is hold, take profit when possible, buy the dip with it
More power to you