I want to a chart with Veeky Forums approved historical series

I want to a chart with Veeky Forums approved historical series.

So far I can come up with:

>Deadwood.
>Boardwalk Empire.
>Rome.

Let's discuss some of them and add or subtract to the chart.

I want to* make.

Veeky Forums has the taste of adolescent manchildren

Blackadder

This

Who cares what these autists think

But add Vikings to you're list

>Vikings
>Pleb with no idea about vikings
John Adams
Wolf Hall (I know it's basically historical fiction)
Band Of Brothers
I, Claudius

>Veeky Forums has the taste of adolescent manchildren
>Vikings
Either this was 8/10 comedy or you are literally retarded.

Unser Mutter, unser Vater (English version is known as Generation War)

You misspelled every single German word.

Sue me.

>hurr durr I was just pretending to be smart
No need. If you enjoy shit tier fiction like that show you are already deeply fucked.

Nice opinion, care to explain what is so bad about it?

It pretends to be historical accurate when it's entirely made up. It's full of tropes like "ze Germans were totally misguided", "Poles are anti-semites also!!!" and "le calm guy goes nuts in the end".

Pic related. If you consult an actual historian for you show he would tell you that the Swing thing is a meme and that no such signs ever existed. ZDF didn't care and just put a show together consisting entirely of kitsch and stuff people think is true about the 3rd Reich.

Movies like Saving Private Ryan and shows like Band of Brothers are celebrated for being historically accurate, yet fictional. Why the double standard for a film about the Wehrmacht?

The last kingdom to laugh at American 'culture'
With fire and sword to see Cossacks get BTFO
>vikings
>thrall caste serving with the blondies
Only season one of Rome

Zulu
El cid

SPR is not celebrated for being historically accurate

For both shows named they consulted historians and put a lot of effort in. Even if they partly fail, they tried. For Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter they consulted basically the head of the German history channel (who is not a historian) and by showing us 20 year old only reproduced and standard narrative of post-war-Germany.
Also I never praised BoB or Saving Private Ryan so your "argument" is a strawman.

>series

Fuck the 25 year rule.

Generation Kill is god tier, this ones for ya boy RayRay.

Hornblower.

Historical fiction, but still great.

Sorry I read it as series of things to watch, not a TV series

Throughout Deadwood, heads may be laid to pillow assuaged and reassured, for that purveyor for profit of everything sordid and vicious, Al Swearengen – already beaten to a fare-thee-well earlier in the day by Sheriff Bullock – has returned to the Sheriff the implements and ornaments of his office.

Without the tawdry walls of Swearengen's saloon the Gem, decent citizens may pursue with a new and jaunted freedom all aspects of Christian commerce.

A full fair-mindedness requires us also to report that within the Gem – on Deadwood's main thoroughfare – comely whores, decently priced liquor, and the squarest games of chance in the full, remain unabatedly available at all hours, seven days a week.

The Americans