TL;DR: The original Veeky Forums delegate either ran off with last week's forged ARK or he got keylogged and had the...

TL;DR: The original Veeky Forums delegate either ran off with last week's forged ARK or he got keylogged and had the forge stolen.

Either way, the Veeky Forums delegate is compromised and it's not longer a good idea to vote for it.

========================================

Two of the admins from the ARK discord where the old delegate, magnet, was are moving to replace him by setting up our own delegate node.

We're Uncle Chang (me) and Moon Man. You may have heard of us from when Veeky Forums and eight chan raided Shia Labaouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" art project.

Why should you vote for us?
The hypothesis is we'll be less likely to fuck you guys because who we are is public record. We're inherently more transparent than some online pseudonym.
1) People know who I am IRL. (Google "uncle chang hwndu")
2) People know Moon Man's address. (He held a hwndu party at his house)
3) We're both actually technically competent people. We both have degrees in CS, work in the tech industry, and I have experience in cyber security.

A new node will be up before the end of the day and you guys can move your votes to that one if you'd like.

twitter.com/UncleChangNYC/status/879405115031126017

Just sent this tweet to verify who we are.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/vKvJdK
arknode.net/VoteReport.txt
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's a delegate?

=]

Bump

Once we can verify that enough people voted for our new delegate, which we can do easily if people don't switch yet, we can tell everyone to unvote the first. That's the easiest way to make this switch painless. So hold tight while we work this shit out.

We're going to offer permanent 90% to anyone who gets in pre-51 no matter the bag size, and 100% for first 50 days to everyone.

After that it's gonna be between 80-100%, with 100% going to ALL bag holders who own less ARK than the average amount (which means 50% of the pool will always get a full payout, something other delegates do not offer).

fucking cunt I haven't even earned 1 ARK yet... basically lost.

I will be following this.

It seems a /pol/ack (or the original Veeky Forums delegate owner) stole the cash

10k ARK ready to report

So everyone just got screwed over and now we're supposed to lay our trust in a /pol/tard?

As we mentioned in our other thread, politics does not play into this. We are presenting our identities for full transparency so you have a reason to trust us over a faceless name like Veeky Forums did with Magnet. We are also techies by both lifestyle and career, so we are significantly more competent than most other nodes.

In the discord will watch and switch votes

my 17k are also ready.
we just lost 1 week payout. it sucks but not really a biggy.

Veeky Forums is acting like we all lost money on this and will FUD Ark because of this, none of us actually had money taken away. This is all just an inconvenience

Politics doesn't -- and shouldn't -- matter here.

The point was we'll be more transparent (and more trustworthy) than some online pseudonym because who we are is public record. If we screw you, we'll get fucked in real life.

Moon and I are also technically competent. We both have degrees in CS and cyber security.

where do i vote god damn i was in the top 20 of the compromised one. I just want something real.

We'll have the new node set up before the end of the day. Sit tight.

Well those certainly are some quints, aren't they.

Can I get a link to the discord bros?

discord.gg/vKvJdK

Here ya go

Sheeeit I got paid out from the biz delegate last week too

Nice to see you here Chang, was a fan of you during hwndu.. I'll switch my vote tomorrow

for just 1000$ worth... ok if you feel smart user...once this was a safe place for us

sounds good

lmao hahahahhahahahaa well diserve for shilling this non stop here

average user lost 5 ark i would assume. biz delegate lost heaps more in the long run. prolly got hacked

Nobody lost anything. That's the point of ark's DPoS.

>average user lost 5 ark
the only thing the average user lost is the 1 Ark used to vote, that's it

Former polack here, now 100% bizreali
15K ark, let us know

1 to unvote and 1 to vote for this delegate

Will move my 12k

Ill join if and only if you pay out every 24 hours. 7 days is too tempting to run away with.

We're planning on doing daily but will have minimums. We may even allow users to choose how often they want to get paid since we can configure it separately for each wallet. The problem with daily is fees.

Min PAYOUT? idk because whalish nur these fees are so stupid

no need to even unvote technically, make new wallet, send all ark to new wallet, cheaper that way.

I'll be waiting until tomorrow to unvote for magnet.

Technically yeah, you save 0.9 ARK that way. If you're a small fry do this.

your saving will be 0.9 Ark. it cost 0.1 to move it to the new wallet and 1 to vote for the new delegate.

So you lose a total of 1.1 ark instead of 2 arks, still cheaper by 45%.

Daily or every other day is the only way I'll join. Small fries aren't getting anything regardless so it's stupid to cater to them.

already been stated that they're planning daily

biz vote count is dropping

Don't buy into another scam you stupid fucks. Even if it costs you just an ark...don't make these scamming pieces of shit rich at your expense. Fuck any delegate.

I already received more from forging rewards than vote fee cost and Chang is trustworthy.

This

Kinda like a taco...it's pronounced Del Gato though.

>People know who I am IRL

lmao

Just the fact that you're /pol/ folks means I'm in. I will use a percentage of my gains made in the pool to further ruin Shia LaBaouf's life should Ark take off.

What's the delegate name? Or do we not know yet

It's NOT up yet. It will be live in FIVE TO EIGHT HOURS.

SIT TIGHT.

I'm in the process of setting the new node up now.

I've been a vocal supporter of Ark since the beginning and I am telling you; DO NOT VOTE FOR THESE DELEGATES.

You are fucking idiots of the very highest order if you fall for this.

Trust in Ark but not in these jokers.

Who do you recommend I vote for then

>tfw you're a newfag who is actually serious about not knowing what a delegate is but everyone probably thinks you're shitposting

check the calculators. they will show you who will give the best return for what Ark you have

Yeah man, I might lose like 12 ark were they to set a pay-out/7 days and keep it after that period

I have no idea because i'm not trying to steal your money. Use the tools and work out your own vote, in trying to game the system with a Veeky Forums pool everyone got gamed in turn and these are just setting up to do the same damn thing.

t. Clueless Newbie who doesn't even know how ARK works

You're gonna wanna vote for whoever gives you the highest payout. That will be this pool unless we end up higher than anyone else who gives 100% payout if you're below the average ARK voter. Most delegates do not get 100%. Our incentives come from getting delegacy and encouraging whales to come in.

Delegate competition is a race to the bottom. We're at the bottom by offering the most of our potential forges to people. That's what magnet did, and he was too stupid to realize he'd make more than the measly grand he stole by playing fair. Or he got hacked; either way, his pool is not viable anymore.

Ok so that measly grand isn't much, fine.
So then you do the same and make a new thread with new names and do it again.

And every time you make a "Measly grand" off the people who believe you.

Anyone buying into this, I've got some lovely bridges for sale.

I'm not going to ruin my reputation and get stabbed in the streets of NYC by an angry voter just to steal $1000.

We're more transparent than magnet. We're actually real people with faces and real names.

We're allowing daily payouts for people with large bags. This will mean you will know within the day if we are scammers. The math is not difficult.

Magnet would have made more being patient instead of robbing people for fucking pennies compared to running a legitimate node.

Ark isn't mined, wasting wads of electricity, it's proof of stake which means they give more to the richest few, except Ark has another layer in there which lets people band together their wallets under a delegate, who gets the Ark payout and divvies it up between the voters. The top 51 delegates, judged by the collective Ark in the voters' wallets, are each rewarded 442(?) Ark each day, to be shared with the voters under terms they set up. More attractive terms gets you more voters, fucking over your voters gets you unvoted hopefully out of the top 51. Here's a current list:

arknode.net/VoteReport.txt

You should note the more Ark voted to a delegate, the less daily rewards are earned per your Ark held, as it's 442/1.2 million per Ark for biz, for example, but say 442/900k for someone further down the list.

dont fall for the biz scam meme

use arkpool or quarkpool

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0

The real question is why didnt you sell all your ARK when it was at 35ksat so you could buy back in at current prices

>biz pool pays out the most in every scenario

Nice one mate.

if you remove biz from the calculations you are looking at dr10 being te best for profit right now then, chris followed then ravelou and finally ghostfaceuk to give you the top four payouts right now

If I'd sold my ark at 35k, it would have spiked and set a new floor at 40k.

thats why i said which pools you should use

Except the new pool will pay out better. I already explained this.

falling for a biz scam twice

priceless

simbly ebin.

>Former polack here, now 100% bizreali
to think i wasted so much time on pol when i could be a millionaire by now..

I'm not forcing you or anyone to vote for us. I understand your concerns especially after what happened today.

I can only assure you that neither me or Moon Man will run off with the forged ARK and hope that our identities and addresses being public info is enough insurance to offer our voters peace of mind.

If that's not good enough for you then I understand and you don't have to vote for us.

a way to incentivize sybil attacks on your network

this is a very concerning development for ARK, which makes me not want to participate any more
think about it: the entire idea relies on the concept of trust and costs you 1 ARK to begin with
I'll be contacting devs tomorrow and they better do something about this like pay every user for their original vote and last week's worth of forging
they have enough reserve and this case may make them reconsider the way system works

as for those saying it's merely a grand: what if ARK were worth $10 a pop

This is exactly why the DPoS exists. We found out we were scammed less than 6 hours ago and in another 6 hours we will have a trustworthy node.

The DPoS system is working exactly as intended. It isn't easy to rack up enough ARK to enter the top 51 after losing trust.

You pol niggers did a coup didn't you

Iktf
I realized shitposting online wasnt making me money
We juden nao

Magnet just showed his face. Awaiting his response, but regardless of why or how, the bottom line is he was compromised and we're setting up a more secure node.

Pls let us know what he said, or better yet direct him to this thread so we can hear him speak

You are being a huge nigger moon and chang haven't even had a chance to fuck up yet.

This fucking guy.

i just feel sorry for there guys who arent making 1 ark/week left with a loss now

join a professional pool!

/pol/ will collect the crypto meme money here from now on you faggots and now vote

Pretty much he should pay out of pocket or expect people to jump ship.

if this happened at a relatively low price, what makes you think it won't happen again at 5x, 10x, 100x the price?
you think people will opt to revote to another delegate who could do the very same thing? and that their vote would cost them many times more in fiat terms while they're at it
unless payout gets hardcoded into a forging node I don't think I would put my money there

>I'll be contacting devs tomorrow
just take the L you fucking pussy

I agree that this is actually a weakness in ark. I was shocked to find that payments were manually triggered by a script. It needs to be built into ARK itself.

dont vote for a scammy pool

just take a look how much ark a pool has forged and payed

Is is just me or does it sound like he's lying

Doesn't matter, we're about to launch the new delegate. Get your votes ready.

if ARK is going to be a top10 coin, delegates will beg to be in that position

member how scammy btc was in the beginning?

What do you mean? Building it in wouldn't change who controls the delegates. It just means you can't fuck up like magnet did.

you're projecting
and you'd know to discern between scammy and non-scammy how? anyone can socially engineer an appearance of whatever on the internet

And the new delegate name is...

"biz_classic".

We are LIVE.

look for the pools with the most forged arks

good luck tho

do polo and bittrex fuck up?
imagine what they can fuck up!

its always trust until we have DEX and truly trustless systems

can't believe magnet ran off with only 1 weeks worth of cash. 1k? Lmao some of our portfolios are down 300k+ USD today alone, who gives a fuck about 1k?

biz vote crash accelerating

there was an error when updating the vote. has this happened to anyone else?