What are the top 10 civs in history?

What are the top 10 civs in history?

All the western ones

Romans, one of the chinese empires, probably the abbasids, ancient egyptians inlcuding old new and middle kingdoms, IDK what else tho

No order:

Roman
Greek
Egyptian
Mesopotamian
Pre-Mongol Islam
British Empire
USA
Western Europe post-fall of Rome
Byzantine
Han Dynasty

I like France's history desu, I think it can make the top 10 if you allow it to start in 496 AD

Rome is the eternal No.1

>Both of its succesor states couldnt even make it to this era
Really makes you think.

>if you allow it to start in 496 AD

Who doesn't "allow" us to start at 496 ?

Some people who doesnt see the French as the logical succesor to the Frankish Kingdom

i cant read these posts over the blinding glory of 3500 years of continuous chinese civilization

>Conquered by the Mongols
>Conquered by the Manchu

Really continuous, mate.
Cue expansion and contraction of 'Chinese civilisation' to include these peoples according to convenience.

damn you saw through my dirty chink tricks

I dunno but none of them are African

Well I feel the Frankish Kingdom split into different nations but I consider France a logical successor.

Tang or Han
Rome
Ancient Egypt
Inca
Minoan
Sumeria
Abbasid
Ancient India
Maya
Khmer

Ottoman, the true successor of Rome and Muhammad

Nords
Nazi Germany
Roman Republic
Carthage
Medes
Kiev
Atlantis
United Kingdom of Israel
Hellenistic Egypt
Imperial Japan

Babylonian
Egyptian
Indic
Sinic
Mayan-Aztec
Greco-Roman
Islamic
N. European-American
Russian (still in development)

Why do so many people post old but dead civilisation ? Shouldnt one of the top factor be that they are still here to this day ?

No, that's fucking retarded. Literally all civilizations eventually fall. There have been no exceptions. The US will one day cease to exist, as will modern Europe, as will Islamic nations etc.

Hell, 1000 years from now people will probably even question whether some places we know of today even existed in the first place.

A civilization no longer being around has no bearing on how great or important it was.

So you would List pre-mongol Islam but not the Persians ?

You mean the guys who never contributed anything of importance to the world at large?

best civilizations in ascending order

latin america
pagan scandinavia
niger-congo
australian aboriginal
homo erectus
canada

Anglo Saxon England
Tudor England
Stuart England
Plantagenet England
Georgian England
Roman Empire
America in the 50's
Iron Age England
Nazi Germany
Ancient Greece

Are you from England by any chance?

Western civilization.

But the conquering Mongols and Manchus kept the institutions and the language and the culture alive instead of imposing their own. Kublai Khan literally got Confucian scholar to help him choose the Yuan dynasty name, hired Chinese officials to help him with Chinese court rituals and culture, made sure his sons had a Confucian Chinese education, and in the end was content to rule China as a Chinese emperor instead of as part of a world Mongol empire that didn't really exist as a single entity anymore. By the time the Qing fell, the Manchu culture and identity had almost disappeared as it was sinicized and subsumed into China. China's institutions made allowance for a foreign invader to simply slot in and provide the function of emperor over the existing bureaucracy, and China's culture was basically the Borg.

>canada
We need to sell all of our gold and only make headlines when our PM says shit like "if you kill them they win"

>There have been no exceptions
Japan

t. beady eyes

Is the United States really a separate civilization?

Does I smell Anglo?

Its now a western civilization

No particular order:
Romans
Egyptians
Greeks
Sumerians
China
India
Mayans
Inca
Golden Age Islam
Great Britain

a little of both, it's part of the greater family of western europeann civilization, but it is its own as well

By what metric?

>Mayans above the Aztec when the Maya couldn't even unify