Sherman did nothing wrong

Sherman did nothing wrong.

>Burning down American infrastructure is a good thing
user I...

Not his fault reconstruction failed, and not his job besides that.

Don't start none, won't be none.

Infrastructure aimed at destroying the Union. War is all Hell.

>you will NEVER be spitroasted by General Sherman and Bomber Harris

He was told to win the war.
So he did.

F

>you will never give Lincoln the city of Savannah as a Christmas present

You're god damn right

I was watching Ken "the best argument is that exactly between the two extremes" Burns' civil war doc and nearly spit when I saw how they depicted Sherman's March. Here was a glorious humanitarian ending the war ASAP with minimum casualties, and Traitors still have the audacity to claim that they didn't have it coming. My god, Sherman is an unimpeachable hero.

Go fucking Google "Marching Through Georgia" on YouTube and salute the fucking flag, you Dixie fucks.

>Gone with the Wind
You fucking bet it is, rebel.

southerners aren't people. we Yankees should have burnt down the largest cities in the south annually to remind them of the order of things

If it wasn't for H.U.G. he'd be the best historical husbando.

As a current atlanta fag, I only wish he would come again and purge this city of the degenerates top kek. but in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the kerosene buckets

He used Confederate POWs as human shields during his column marches through booby-trapped roads.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.

>Confederate plant landmines in order to kill American soldiers
>lose battle and surrender
>but mines are still around and can still kill soldiers and passing civilians
>Sherman turns to the now-captured Cuckfederates and says "You put these mines here, you're going to dig them up."

Fucking based.

No, war crime.

Yankee here. If only. Just give it to the niggers who cares.
>inb4 "b-but it would be even worse!"

All the smart people in your family moved west you rebel dipshit.

t. Cletus E. Bureaugard

He literally murdered them for nothing dude. And you are calling him "based". Northern ignorance knows no limits.

>He literally murdered them for nothing dude.

Shouldn't have planted those mines. Do you expect him to have his own men dig them out?

>He literally murdered them for nothing dude.
Treason is a capital offense, Clem.

destroying the means to make war vs the people saves trouble, and lives

no tears for landmine lies

Yes, that's how war works. You don't get to march POWs into their own guns just because you're mad you've lost your own men. The idea of POWs is a mutual understanding on how both sides will conduct themselves in the treatment of prisoners. Blue bellied faggots get a nice cholera infested cell in Andersonville.

>war
>one sovereign state involved
lmao

As a southerner. The south's war against the right government, economic model, and the general future was stupid.

I find Sherman's response to be right, but not morally. He did something wrong morally.

>Inb4 moral nihilist.

Killing someone is wrong. If the person you killed was trying to stab you with a knife or shoot you, you're justified (in a sane society) in killing them. But there was nothing morally "right" in you doing it. That's why the train track test fucks with people who aren't psychos (moral people).

>right government
No, the feckless Lincoln government was a major contributor to the war happening in the first place. You want to know how a real president handles secessionists? Go look at Old Hickory.

When Jackson was being the baddest motherfucker to ever serve in office the whiners in South Carolina threatened to secede, and in response Jackson went himself to Charleston and met with all their leaders, he drank and toasted them, then stood up and said 'To the Union, may any who would stand against her die by my hand' and looked each man in the eye around the table. They all stood up and toasted with him and he left the next day.

South Carolina didn't secede.

>hundreds of thousands die in war
>morally a o kay
>destroy their rail lines and remove their infrastructure to carry on warring
>evul

"Old Hickory" solved the nullification crisis, in which there was NO seccssion of ANY kind, by imposing his will, meanwhile Lincoln did absolutely nothing except get elected and South Carolina seceded, along with other states, simply because Lincoln won, he never got the opportunity to do anything like that. Lincoln took an ambiguous stance at first, but when the South Carolinian found out supplies were going to Sumter they attacked. Not to mention Jackson was a southern man, one that was already respected by the South, Lincoln was not. The Northern government didn't just "threaten" the South, they literally engaged in a 4 year long war, which is exactly what they were trying to avoid the first time around. To compare the situations to make Lincoln's administration look "bad" compared to Jackson's is absolutely retarded.

Why are you trying to reason with Jacksonian memers?
>d-do you just want big government banks you fucking kike????
>Hamilton was a mistake!!!!!

I'm fairly certain that would be considered a war crime in the modern day on Shermans part.

you know what was considered a crime in sherman's day?

landmines

Really?

Give me one good reason the Union shouldn't have killed every last Confederate prisoner. They were guilty of treason, they should have been butchered to a man.

He called how the war would go.

"You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it...Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam-engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else, you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first, you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail."

General William T. Sherman,

they were Americans

And American constitutional law is that treason is a capital offence.

Use of landmines would also be considered a war crime today, under Protocol II of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, part of the Geneva Conventions. When you give up your obligation, your opponent has no reason to follow it.

They chose not to be. Why should they be protected as Americans when they were willing to die not to be Americans?

>"American"

Sherman was a dick to the oft forgotten General James Harrison Wilson. So yes he did fuck up

Except you know, killing innocent civilians and POWs

>pissed his pants due to panic attacks so much he had to be relieved of his duty and sent home
>Congressmen brother had to use his political connections to get him a easy position shadowing Grant

Lol Sherman was a joke, he got destroyed at the bull run and is most famous for battling empty houses. The march to the sea did nothing to end the war faster. Hood was defeated by Thomas in Tennessee and Lee was defeated by Grant in a virginia, burning plantations and killing slaves in Georgia did nothing to spur those two events.

But he didn't actually do that.

This.

Slaves didn't become citizens until the 14th amendment

trips confirm dixies got off too easy.

If butthurt southerners insist on calling it the War of Northern Agression, what should the Yanks call it? War of Southern flammability? War of Southern bullet attraction?

>war
I think you'll find that war is a conflict between two nations. What you're talking about is a rebellion where men who committed treason were put to death.