Was Rommel really as good as some wehraboo make it seem like?

Was Rommel really as good as some wehraboo make it seem like?

Bump

No. He is only as popular as he is because of post-war attempts by the west to rekindle good relations with Germany

Generals like Manstein were better but Normies don't talk about them because "Hurr he was an ebul nazi"

>Marie-Pierre Koenig
>"Koenig" is literally German for "king"
>A French guy is king of Germany

"Nous étions rois et merde!"

Yes he was a good general. If you don't have good generals in charge you are doing something wrong.

I think the thing about Rommel is he is the only name the average person knows when thinking of nazi generals which makes him seem very overrated.

Koenig is an Alsacian(Swabian) term for king it has nothing to do with German

Why don't more people know about Erich von Manstein anyway?

>Manstein
>not based Model
FUCKIN PLEB

He knowingly handed over Jews and minorities to the death squads

He is complicit

"Cyning" was the Anglo-saxon word for king and pronounced almost identically.

>Walter "I'm going to kill myself like a little faggot because I'm too much of a bitch to face being tried" Model
>based
come on lad, at least Rommel was forced to kill himself.

Looks like a spare engagement involving superior air power. Looks like you're attempting to mislead me.

Less of a goodboi, ironically. Rommel didn't make his name on the eastern front, where the grime was.

A general killing himself after losing a battle isn't that bad. All throughout history and around the globe generals and warriors do that.

No, but Model didn't kill himself because he lost, he killed himself because he was too scared of being tried for war crimes.

Bump

In terms of German generals I've always thought Heinz Guderian doesn't get the credit he deserves. The sad thing though is that no WW2 general holds a candle to the badasses that prosecuted WW1 for Germany. Give me a Ludendorff or a von Kluck any day.

It would have been a Soviet War Trial.

He wasn't going to give them the satisfaction

>Yes, Yes, good show Herr Lawerence... HOWEVER

During the Battle of Seelow Heights, the prelude to the Battle of Berlin. At one point in the battle, six Soviet soldiers entered his headquarters, killing four of his staff, and wounding four more, including Manteuffel himself. Despite his injuries, he shot one Soviet soldier and used his trench knife to kill a second

A trained soldier killed two conscripts in a close quarters situation? Color me surprised.

Did I mention he's full blown manlet.

Okay, now I'm impressed.

Koenig comes from König, which means king in German.

>von Kluck

Ah yeah, the guy who completely fucked up the Schlieffen-Plan, truly a magnificent commander.

The Schlieffen Plan was a paper fantasy that said the Belgians would roll over and let Germany fuck them on its way to Paris. After the Belgians started stacking German bodies by the thousands in front of their forts people realized this wasn't going as planned.

That's when von Kluck flanked them and started taking Belgian clay around the rear and helping them surround the fortifications to make it safe to bring up the guns big enough to neutralize them.

Koenig is literally the most goyest of the french, he has nothing to do with filthy alaman scums
Not one drop of germanic blood flow through his veins you hear me, he is indeed hundred percent pur french goy
Stop trying to steal everything you germanic peasant
Stay the fuck back alright

"I used to think that Rommel was good, but my opinion is that Von Rundstedt would have hit him for six. Rundstedt is the best German general I have come up against in this war. He is very ·good. He knows his stuff. I would very much like to get myself into Rundstedt’s brain for a couple of minutes. I have a picture of him in my room. I wanted a picture of Rundstedt very badly. The other day I was given one by Arthur Christiansen of the Daily Express. I am jolly glad to have it. It is extremely good. - Montgomery

>When you're considered antiquated by your peers -an assessment you agreed with since the late 1930's - but the enemy still considers you top notch.

Lanklets can't be tank drivers because tanks are too tiny inside.

Guderian or gtfo.

He was certainly talented but anyone with a modicum of leadership skill could have done what he did in Africa.

Oh god, Monty was such a fag.