I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse - Charles V

>I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse - Charles V
>The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire - Voltaire

Are there any more historical quotes BTFOing G*rmany like this?

>>I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse - Charles V

Is this really aggressive towards germans? one would think horses are loved by their riders no?

"France creates, UK corrupts and Germany destroys."
I saw this quote many times but dont know where its from.

>Das Deutsche ist ein barbarischer Jargon, gerade noch geeignet, um mit seinen Pferden zu sprechen
Frederick the Great

So basically the same idea as this quote ?

Yep

a frog

>I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse
>not speaking Klingon to autists

Is this a real quote? Even Germans themselves think their language is shit?

Not really, but I always liked "Prussia was not a country with an army, but an army with a country"

Can we simply have a thread about historical trashtalk?
I have this one.
Robert Surcouf, a French corsair (privateer), talking with a British officer after capturing his ship, the Kent:
British officer: “You French fight for money, while we British fight for honor.”
Robert Surcouf: “Sir, a man fights for what he lacks the most.”

>"I like Germany very much. So I wish there were two Germanys"
Charle de Gaulle

Asked by a Scot what Johnson thought of Scotland: "That it is a very vile country, to be sure, Sir" "Well, Sir! (replies the Scot, somewhat mortified), God made it." Johnson: "Certainly he did; but we must always remember that he made it for Scotchmen, and comparisons are odious, Mr. S------; but God made hell."

rekt

>Matsudaira Izu no kami said to Master Mizuno Kenmotsu, "You're such a useful person, it's a shame that you're so short.''
>Kenmotsu replied, "That's true. Sometimes things in this world don't go the way we would like. Now if I were to cut off your head and attach it to the bottom of my feet, I would be taller. But that's something that couldn't be done."

Rekt

British officer >"honor"
American education

Rosbifs rekt

Frederick the Great was an enormous Francophile. He would put the most hardcore weeaboos today to shame in how obsessed he was with a foreign culture. He spoke French better than he spoke German and bragged about this fact, tried to reform his country according to French ideals, and never shut up about how much better French culture was.

"France is a dog hole, and it no more merits the tread of a man's foot." - Shakespeare

"The Germans are like women. You can scarcely ever fathom their depths-- they haven't any." -Nietzsche

"If there is a hell then Rome is built on top of it." -German saying

He said it like "honor".

A deluded frank

>muh superfluous vowels

>dog hole

What did he mean by this?

It's worse than that. If you compare "or" and "our", nobody says "honor" like "on our", it's "on or"

What did France create?

The feudal system as Europe knew it.
The inspiration for the various revolutions of the 1700s and 1800s.
An empire

daily reminder that American English is closer to original English in both pronunciation and spelling than the posh 19th century invention that the british currently speak.

see:actually pronouncing "r"s

Is all this hurr romance language so sophisticated high language of le elites imprinted stockholm syndrome over thousands of years from the Roman Empire on?

British English is retarded and butchers all proper pronunciation. I'm glad I was born in the Midwest and have the most neutral accent imaginable; no stupid phonetic problems.

are you memeing or are you actually seriously this dumb
>hurr durr cockney english is the standard accent

It's a transliteration, idiot
The talk was occuring in French as, before WW2 and American hegemony, French was the international language

The original conversation was in French (which was the lingua franca back then)

>British officer: "Vous, Français, vous vous battez pour l’argent, tandis que nous, Anglais, nous nous battons pour l’honneur !"
>Surcouf : "C’est bien vrai Monsieur. Chacun se bat pour ce qu’il n’a pas."

Not a single specific quote but Polish accounts of the Great Turkish War tend to include comments about their German allies being crude, cruel, and barbaric, particularly towards prisoners whom they would viciously murder, mutilate, torture, and generally abuse.

That includes angry accounts of the Poles capturing various richer Turks for ransom only for some sneaky Germans to slit the captives' throats when no one's looking.

The world.

yes
t. German

>I am so fond of Germany that I liked it better when there used to be two
Giulio Andreotti

Who to believe ?

They could easily have made the same joke independently of each other tbqhwyf.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics German, the lovers Italian and it's all organised by the Swiss. Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the lover's Swiss, the police German and it's all organised by the Italians.

>I WISH there were two Germanys
>I liked it better when THERE USED to be two

Learn the difference.

Andreotti was famous for appropriating quotes.

I say it onner

t.jealous barbarian

That makes more sense than Id like to admit

Who said this?