Sweden:

Sweden:
>Founded Russia
>Was the first to settle Iceland and Discover that it was an island
>Insured the survival of protestantism
>Was the undisputed most powerful country in northern and eastern europe for a century
>Came with important inventions such as: automatic identification systems, zipper, ultrasound, seatbelt, celsius, dynamite
How could a country with such a small population had been so influential to world history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QLt0lerdgKs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussite_Wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stopped reading after the first two statement being completely wrong.

Idk, ask the Netherlands

>Founded The Kievan-Rus
>Was the first to Discover that iceland was an island
BETTER?

he literally just wintered on iceland for a year. that's hardly settling it. first to discover it were either some irish guys or a norwegian called naddodd. if figuring out that iceland is an island is something you boast about then your country's history is kinda shitty

reminder

>Was the undisputed most powerful country in northern and eastern europe for a century
Cardinal Richelieu was Northern European?

>>Founded Russia
Thus allowed the spread of Communism

>>Insured the survival of protestantism
Thus allowed the spread of Liberalism

WTF i have a deep-bone hatred for Sweden now

Norwegian vikings discovered America, this had pretty much no effect on world history. And they boast about it incredibly much

How do you define Sweden ?

The area of the modern borders of the country since 1660, if before that, then exclude Skåneland, Jämtland, Härjedalen and Bohuslän from "Sweden"

Well Jämtland and Härjedalen was Swedish slightly before 1660, 1648. Otherwise what i just said

Winning one war doesn't make you most powerful country for a century. Especially, when you get utterly destroyed in the next one.

What does it say about sweden that you had to fudge the details and that list is still incredibly mediocre?

This.

2 questions:
A: Which parts of what i Said was false?
B: Name countries that had equal or less or similarly small population that were as/more influential to history

The Netherlands

poortugal

>american concern intensifies

Yes, The netherlands was very influential to world history.

Still: Sweden has came up with many important inventions, and protestantism wouldn't be nearly as big as it is today were it not for Sweden. And Its original influence on Russia shouldn't be underestimated.
How is that mediocre?

There has been countries with a similar population and equal/larger influence than sweden, but all of them that i could think of have Been Naval powers. Sweden wasn't a Naval power

Serbia

Time to rest, Brancovich.

Yes, Stanley Kubrick was a gifted filmmaker.

Hahahaha, Sven, you are terribly conceited.

Serbia gave us Tesla and started WWI, off the top of my head. You gave us IKEA. Fuck right off.

1. A group of swedes invaded another region, temporarily seizing control of the local populace, establishing a loose confederacy of petty kingdoms which half a milennia later started to coalesce into modern russia after being thoroughly ransacked by the mongols. (nevermind the fact that taking credit for an actual superpower is the most obvious sign of your own inferiority.

2. it was primarily norway that settled iceland, and there was never any doubt it was an island. what the fuck else would it have been?

3. Protestantism was inevitable and the english and dutch have just as much right to this claim.

4. Literally who fucking cares. "ooo i'm stronger than finland la dee da"

5. Canada invented penicillin, the pacemaker, the alkaline battery and poutine. Nobody cares. (incidently it was not a swede that invented the zipper near as I remembered and google seems to confirm.

1. I'm not taking credit for a superpower, i'm saying this as proof of Sweden being relevant in history.

2. Okay, this wasn't as much influential as it was simply cool, but don't comment on it since you clearly do not know about the subject you're speaking about

3. It wasn't, but even if it was it was Sweden that helped mane it happen in this timeline, British colonies would've still have been protestant but Sweden is the reason for it being so widespread and Common in modern day europe.

4. Almost a whole century of being stronger than Russia and Poland, that IS relevant

5. Most of these inventions were very influential, as you already fucking know

youtube.com/watch?v=QLt0lerdgKs
This is the answer

Celts lived on Iceland before vikings ever showed up

>4. Almost a whole century of being stronger than Russia and Poland, that IS relevant

At a time when Russia was an irrelevant half-barbarian shithole (and they still lost to them in the end) and Poland was being annihilated by the Deluge. Not very impressive.
At the same time Brandenburg and Spain raped them easily

While i might be a patriotic swede did we really discover Iceland? I thought the norweigians did that.
Also you forgot two points
>Had the worlds best army late 1600s to early 1700s
>Made up the core of the byzantine empires elite varangian guard

>>Had the worlds best army late 1600s to early 1700s
laughingDucLuxembourgandDukeMarlborough.jpg.gif

>Catholics
Child rapists

Read up on the Caroleans and the Great Northern War
They were the best aslong as you exclude numbers

They were raped during the 30YW and then were just lucky that the HRE was completely destroyed and Spain busy with the French
They lost the 2nd Northern War and were kicked out of Poland
They were stopped in their War against Denmark when France looked at them disapprovingly
Then they lost the Great Northern War.

Not exactly the record of the worlds best army

I suggest you read up on the 30YW and 2nd Northern War because those statements are not in the least bit true as those wars were the ones who cemented Swedens status as great power in the first place.
The trouble in the Scanian War was largely caused by a corrupt and iresponsible regency and danish rebels but despite that it ended in a draw.
The Great Northern War might have been a loss but its hard not to lose when ur alone against 5 enemies at once yet Sweden was able to fight on for 21 years. It was actually only the army in this war i was refering to.

It is impressive that we managed to orevent the rise of Russia for a whole century, but even if it wasn't impressive. It still had a large effect on world history
Nope, it was one norwegian before us. The swedish Gardar Svavarson Was however the first to live on the Island (he did it during 1 winter). Was the first to Discover the northern parts of Island, and was the first one to circumvent the Island

there use to be a land crossing from denmark before the great glacial melts and it was a bank on a pond.

>bu..but my k/d

Bohemia:
>Brought Christianity to whole Eastern Europe
>Invented Cyrillic writing
>Started successful religious revolution hundred years before Luther
>Countless wars including 30 years war or WWII started over it
>Came with important inventions such as: lightning conductor, arc lamp, contact lenses or discovery of blood groups
How could a country with such a small population had been so influential to world history?

You forgot one
>Was the undisputed most powerful country in Central Europe for a century
But muh Great Northern War, or Battle of Narva! Wewuz best soldiers in history!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussite_Wars

You should read the third one.

>Founded The Kievan-Rus
Who did what?

>will be the first European feminist caliphate

WE

They legitimely were
..for some short time

Quebeckers are not Canadian

t. Ontarian

And those weren't your astrophysicists & mathematicians.

lol wut?

Tesla was just one guy and he found success in America, not Serbia.

WW1 was inevitable, with ot without some Serbian assasin triggering it.