ITT: historical groups that deserve more fanboys

The Barbary Corsairs imo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatia#Celtic_Galatia
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I2_Y-DNA.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Spanish Empire. They played just as important a role in European politics as France if not more so. Also because of their wars with the ottomans.

The Maniots

The early Persians

Seleucids.

Nobody wants to read about a bunch of Mexicans.

>They played just as important a role in European politics as France if not more so.
Not really. Sure they were really important for like 2-3 centuries at most but France always was the center of western Europe.

>Inca
>Poland
>United States
>Finland during the 20th century

Dailamites, for the fact that neither the Arabs, Turks or the Mongolians could conquer their little slit of land around the Caspian sea while the Persians around them were getting constantly cucked.

The Ghassanids

Thank you based Habsburgs.

>they were really important for like 2-3 centuries
That's what I'm talking about. Modern day Spain is so irrelevant that no one ever remembers the Spanish empire and how important it was at a point in time.

Anglo Saxons

Interesting people. What happened to them?

The entire Hellenistic world is underrated, with the possible exception of Ptolemaic Egypt.

La Tène Celts, the Galatians especially seem to have been absolute madmen.

They got Safavi'd but Gilaki's/Mazandaranis are whats left of them.

basically everyone but Byzantines, Britain, Germany, Romans, USSR, Napoleonic France.

The Jews

The Gupta Empire.

The Mamertines.

>France always was the center of western Europe.
Maybe because France is the geological center of western europe lol.

Central Asians IMO.

Also Vandals. People only think about m-muh sack, but the Vandal kingdom in North Africa is much more interesting

Weird, most people here would probably say the opposite.

Kingdom of Prussia. I've the impression they aren't very popular which is weird since they were the Spartans of 18th century Europe.

The third reich

>>united states
Hahahaha kys

have you been living under a rock user?

The Persians

Galatians are fucking badass. I was so surprised when I learned Celts made it all the way to anatolia

Definitely the Serbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8

fucking this
such a cool blend

These are people you can be sure were badass just by finding out they existed
i'm sure they were fairly distinct from the celts in europe though, outside of ethnicity

Seljuks

>United States

>Historical
>Group
>Needs more fanboys

Georgian Empire.

Shame the Americans had to go and ruin it

>i'm sure they were fairly distinct from the celts in europe though, outside of ethnicity
Nope.

>The Galatians originated as a part of the great Celtic migration, which invaded Macedon, led by Brennus. The original Celts who settled in Galatia came through Thrace under the leadership of Leotarios and Leonnorios c. 278/277 BC. These Celts consisted of three tribes, the Tectosages, the Trocmii, and the Tolistobogii.

>...the migration led to the establishment of a long-lived Celtic territory in central Anatolia, which included the eastern part of ancient Phrygia, a territory that became known as Galatia. There they ultimately settled, and strengthened by fresh accessions of the same clan from Europe, they overran Bithynia and supported themselves by plundering neighbouring countries.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatia#Celtic_Galatia

This

You Swedish by chance? It might do everyone some good to know more about them though. It would help dispel the whole bullshit narative that's been built up around moslems in the last few decades.

> The Barbary Corsairs

Don't know so much about'em but their rides were bitchin'.

Them xebecs are damn aesthetic.

The Mesopotamians

The most amazing thing about this picture is how it perfectly captures the exact opposite of the reality.

Disgusting anti-American trash. North African pirates will never break down the eternal American-Swedish pact.

The Maoris

>ctrl+f
>mfw no Sardinians

Fine then, more qts for me

>Vandals
In 50 years they went from having to wait for the Rhine to freeze to cross it, to conquering the western Mediterranean. How

>Sardinians have superior Serb DNA

That is really curious. I'm trying to think of some migration or invasion but I'm coming up with nothing.

What is the reason for this?

>Americans ruining an ancient to modern kingdom in the North Caucasus

Wut

Based pre-indo-european people

>What is the reason for this?

It seems that a group from the Starčevo–Kőrös–Criş culture settled in Sardinia somewhere between 6000-5000 BC, and due to isolation these Sardinians preserved this.

Well fuck me then. They either had to cross the alps and sail towards but then fuck off of Corsica before sailing to Sardinia, OR sail directly from Dalmatia to Sardinia.

That or slow as fuck migration while either haplotypes fucked around the piedmonte.

>They either had to cross the alps

The oldest I2 sample was found in Switzerland, so it checks out

"The oldest I2 sample recovered from archeological skeletons is a 13,500 year-old man from the Grotte du Bichon in Switzerland associated with the Azilian culture"
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I2_Y-DNA.shtml

One hell of a random migration though. Either that or back then Sardinia was connected to mainland still

This

They have plenty of fanboys

>M U H W Y M I N
>U
>H
>W
>Y
>M
>I
>N

This
>literally never conquered

What? People fixate on Greece and Rome like mad. If anything Egypt is, of the three largest civilisations in the Hellenic world, that which most people know the least about.

do you know any good books or sources about this, i have seen this story but facts are hard to come by

Nah, people talk about Alexander and Cleopatra all the time.

Caroleans

I think he is referring to the Hellinistic period after the death of Alexander because when the ancient greeks are discussed you are most often only talking about the hellenic era.

>dude lmao pirates of colour
>hapsburg empire
FTFY, they were only cool then, shame they lacked the technology to keep Charles empire united

Oh I thought you meant King George III of Great Britain (and Ireland?), like how Charlemagne's is the Carloginian empire, and Napoleon's the napoleonic empire

Are you saying the Teutons weren't the closest you had to evil?

>Cleopatra
Which one?

The only one who people actually know of

Tlaxcalans

>Be a major city state
>Not big enough to conquer neighbors, but big enough not to be fucked with
>Some Mexica shitskins confederate and show up with a huge army. Demand people for sacrifice
>What? Fuck you, no
>Then your city will burn and your blood will nourish out maize
>Submit
>This goes on for years
>Suddenly, out of nowhere, giant sky canoes come bearing the god of fucking thunder
>No, really, you can't make this shit up
>The Mexica lose their collective shit for a while
>Turns out the god is just some really pale guy with a squad of other pale dudes who ride giant antlerless deer
>Their obsidian is shiny and silver in color... never seen anything like it
>They start destroying the Mexica with great fervor. Fuck those guys, these pale guys are alright
>They are outnumbered 3000:1
>Time to join the fight
>Show up in peace to help these pale people
>They can't stop talking about their own sky god, but whatever
>Their thunder sticks and hard obsidian allow them to cut down hundreds of Mexica fuckbois
>We throw our spears and attack the Mexica alongside them
>Battle after battle we win
>The Mexica and whatever pussy ally they mobilized give in
>The pale men take over
>As thanks for helping them, they make us an ally who can run our own city
>Bonus: no more sacrifices!
>Decades pass, the sky god the pale men talk about becomes a pretty big thing in our area
>Their funny language is not too hard to speak either once you get the hang of it
>They end up asking us to help them colonize other parts of the world
>sure palebro, in the name of the sky god or whatever

Not sure why people talk about her... she's an inbred

Why would she be less relevant because she's inbred?

That was a comfy greentext
What came of the Tlaxcalans?
>please don't say they got backstabbed and slaughtered by the spanish because that will make me sad

pretty sure they blended in and became christian latinos

Nice

desu youre not wrong. Jewish history is largely ignored past 70 AD until the holocaust

Literally who (I know that's the point of the thread, but still)

The jews never actually did anything of note other than being killed after 70 AD so why should it not be ignored?

Literally the remnants of the Spartans in the modern era
They btfo the ottomans everytime they tried anything against them.
F.e. One time in a maniot town the men were on campaign when the ottomans came so the women and the old men instantly did a bayonet charge at the ottoman lines with fucking pitchforks and the ottomans routed.

This user speaks truth. They lost a lot to the plagues, but thanks to not being enslaved their culture endured for some time. They ended up mixing in and ended up a big part of the Latino population. The Tlaxcalans that got moved to colonize Chichimeca land did not make it though. They ended up migrating back after their traditional crops failed in the new climate

Cataphracts. compared to the Vikings and Samurai, they highest chance on winning against the Knights.

perhaps a DLC for "For Honor" could add them to the game.

i'd say the Moravian kingdom

There's omething very minoan about the shape of that dress.

The Janissaries

>Maggot cheese
No.

God damn i just googled Sardinians and all of them are fucking good looking what is going on?

The Mamluks

>historical groups that deserve more fanboys

The IMRO komiti

>On 7 April 1902 he entered the village of Kadino Selo with six other revolutionaries unaware of the situation in Kadino Selo he went into an ambush. The Ottoman troops within the village, were under attack from a small group of revolutionaries. After fierce fighting in the village and surrounds, Metodija killed his friends and committed suicide.[8][9]

>In 1905 Uzunov with his band (cheta) entered Bitola and after that Kičevo in order to gain control of that region.[12] On 23 April 1905, they entered the village of Tser in the region of Kičevo, together with the cheta of Kičevo voivode Vancho Sarbakov. On the night of April 24, they were surrounded by a great number of Ottoman forces and after using up their ammunition, facing surrender, they decided to commit suicide.[16] Uzunov then wrote a short letter addressed to all "honourable revolutionaries" and after that he and his men killed themselves. His grave is located in Tser, where he died.

>On 7 April 1902 he entered the village of Kadino Selo with six other revolutionaries unaware of the situation in Kadino Selo he went into an ambush. The Ottoman troops within the village, were under attack from a small group of revolutionaries. After fierce fighting in the village and surrounds, Metodija killed his friends and committed suicide.[8][9]

Literally death before dishonor.

*blocks your path*

That's autistic

Their genetics wasn't sullied by Indo-Europeans

Some of the best looking "Italian" women are actually Sardinian, like Pier Angeli and Elisabetta Canalis.

they weren't cucked during the neolithic revolution

>Tfw no Sardinian gf.

>Some of the best looking "Italian" women are actually Sardinian
Sardinians are italians, user.

You have no idea how assblasted a Venetian would be if you compared him to someone from the south or Sicily. Burgers and Yuropeons really need to learn more about Italian regionalism.

They have a completely different genetic makeup

>Muslim pirates
No

Because they're the perfect example to show minority rights throughout the world. You can look at how they were treated in Europe and the Middle East and see what the world was like in that world for the many minorities.

Fortunately Jews were known to keep histories and write stuff down, unlike a lot of other minority groups. On top of that there was an emphasis on getting actual normal people to read, which along with not being Catholic helped them get jobs as money lenders and other "dirty jobs" that still required intelligent people like being Merchants due to the fact that they were minorities with slightly different customs.

There are Jews of note throughout history, but their increasing prominence also shows an example of how culture began changing and minority groups within nations began coming more in contact and developing a more unified culture.

They show how different cultures and nations deal with minorities, therefore their history is an amazing thing to study.

No, not at all. Sardinians are the closest vulgar to classical Latin. Italians on the pen are far removed relative to them.

Sardinians are italian citizens*