The Greeks could rule the world

The Greeks could rule the world.

Alexander did.

He took a Greek army to the far Indus. There was nothing left to conquer; the world was his.

But Alexander is dead.

His empire is gone.

And so we live in evil days; the free men of Greece have turned on each other, instead of their proper enemies: those who envy all the Greeks have done. Alexander must weep, if the dead weep. I would weep in his place, but I would also hope.

The world turns; what was may come again. The Fates still spin the web of men's lives. So now, perhaps the gods wish Greeks to be great again. Perhaps a new Alexander will take up the sword, bring order where there is chaos, remake the world of men into a better place...perhaps.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Carthage#Child_sacrifice
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shut up phyrrus

My family, the House of Scipii, are beloved of the gods.

A proud boast, but true all the same.

In return we have served Rome, ruled well, led her armies to glory; it has cost us dearly, despite the love of the gods.

Sometimes the hatred of men is stronger. Our dead lie in many graves, put there by Carthaginian swords..and a few Greek ones. Even Roman blades have taken Scipii lives; that, we do not forget, or forgive.

So, now our time has come. The spirits of the dead cry out for blood. I will lead our family in this undertaking. The GODS will grant us vengeance. When Sicily is Roman, when Carthage is crushed, when the other Roman families are gone, when the
WORLD.
IS.
MINE.

Then I will stand before the gods and be worthy of their love. And worthy to rule Rome.

We Brutii are the only TRUE Romans.

WE saved Rome, WE drove out the kings, WE made the Republic.

The family deserves respect; respect, and obedience. We know what is best for Rome: new lands, living space, territories, slaves! I know what must be done.

The Greeks look down their perfumed noses at all Romans, and they hate us. I'm going to give them a reason for hate...when I've crushed them! Roman steel, that's the answer; Roman steel in the Brutii fist. And the other great Roman families...the Scipii; trash! They have no respect for proper Roman ways, for us! The Julii prostitute themselves. As if the people matter! Bah! We Brutii MUST lead Rome.

Alexander couldn't rule, he only knew how to conquer.

Gods...I hate Gauls. My grandfather hated them too, even before they put out his eyes. Did you think I'd be out here on the frontier without good reason? Yes, Rome needs a strong frontier. No, Rome doesn't need unwashed barbarians at her gates! So, that's why I'm here, the leader of the Julii: to bring Roman order to stinking Gauls. Revenge? That'd be good too. This war against the Gauls won't last long, and when it's done, I've got plans. This is all about power, power in Rome. Going down that road means dealing with all my rivals: the Senate, the Greeks, those Carthaginian elephant-riders, the Scipii and the Brutii families too. After all, the man who controls Rome rules the world...and one day, I will be Emperor.

>Yes, Rome needs a strong frontier. No, Rome doesn't need unwashed barbarians at her gates

As an American, I can relate.

Before my grandfather's grandfather was born, this was our land. These are our good places; our gods live here, in the trees and the rivers. They watch over us. We are happy: we hunt, we love, we have families, homes, a good life. But sometimes we must fight! The Romans disturb the gods; they burn the forests; they take what is ours, wives, children, land! And the Romans talk of how they will 'help us and protect us'. They put us to sleep with golden promises: when we wake, all that we had is gone-stolen! They take our sons and turn them into little Romans. Gah! So we fight to keep what is ours, what must stay ours! There can be no peace, no peace with Romans, men of stone, and iron, and lies! There can be only war!

Quads confirm, brutii best faction.

Seconded

Wow, I never played as the Germans after all these years. I didnt know that was their shit

Last night, the crying of the children kept me awake...and I had a terrible vision. I saw the fall of our city: bleached bones under a harsh sun; Carthage, gone! Why would Baal send such a vision? He is not cruel; he has watched over us. We have had victories aplenty in war. Our merchants sail to all corners of the world. Yet even now, I fear. I cannot help it. We are the envy of lesser men. They tell terrible lies about us. They do not understand, so they lie. But the Romans, they are the masters of falsehood. War will come, I am sure of it. So. I will have no more false visions...and I think the children will be quiet tonight.

>laughing Chinese bureaucrats.jpg

You've never played as the ancient Germanic master race? You've developed the first space program via Berserkergang? You've sacked a Rome full of Urban Cohorts with Berserkergang and Axemen?

Macedonia-persia empire could have last centuries
But noooo, alexanders generals ran away from their hot persian wives and went back to doing weird shit

The short campaign basically ignores Rome and you go full Barbarossa into Ukraine.

There is no Greece, not with a 1.2.fertility rate. It belongs to others now. Nobody comes back from a 1.2. 2.1 barely keeps your society alive.

I have won many a battle with these brave men. Also, Zeus bless merc Greek hoplites.

>I think the children will be quiet tonight
What did he mean by this?

>yfw Carthaginians were known for sacrificing their children to Baal

Mercenary hoplites have saved my ass MANY times.

also, I sail to africa, pick up a bunch of the Libyan Mercenaries and take them to Greece to rain living hell on all those poor slow phalanges

>tfw possible Roman propaganda

Could have been roman lies, could have actually happened

It is SCIPIONES not scipii.

I hope a game developer was fired for that.

And the family was called Valerii.

ACKSHULLY it was the Cornelii.

I hope you were fired for that.

The Romans are masters of falsehoods

SAKA RAUKA

My bad

>NOOMIDYAN MUURSINARIES
>IMMEDIATEDLY, GDEAT LORD
>FAAALLL BAAACK

Wish I could play this game again. It's hard to run on current computers.

Just buy it on steam.

I play it all the time.

>tfw the archaeological findings validate the Romans' claims

No they don't

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Carthage#Child_sacrifice
Eh, it's not conclusive, but it's generally regarded as more than propaganda and rumor.

This thread is hella f*cking autistic

Roman plants.

This is what happens when you listen to thousands of hours of "OPE-LITES OF SPAHTA" and "IMPERATOR" and "PHELE-ANX PIKEMEN"! while conquering the ancient western world

TRI-ARI-I!

Oh boy, another kid who worships the alcoholic mass murderer Alexander.

t.reza mossad mohammad

Alexander is a meme

The quran says Alexander was a devout muslim

Alexander was an egotistical man-child, he should have appointed a successor.

YES STRATIGOS

My enemies are many, my equals are none.

In the shade of the leaf trees, they said Italy could never be conquered.

In the land of Pharaohs and Kings, they said Egypt could never be humbled.

In the realm of Forrest and snow, they said Russia could never be tamed.

now they say nothing. They fear me, like a force of nature; a dealer in thunder and DEATH.

I say: I am Napoleon, I am EMPEROR.

BURN IT.

It's "in the shade of olive trees".

A FUCKING LEAF

>There was nothing left to conquer; the world was his.

there were at least 2 major civilizations to the east of the indus

>not Greek
>civilization
Pick one

Best Total War intro

>I dont know whats going on in this thread

>englishmen making napoleon look warmonger

kek

>being surprised of the eternal anglo

Literally muh elephants: the charcoal illustration.

The most epic intro in the entire game series

It still crashes for me, also Egypt just ruins the game for me

>Russia could never be tamed
Lol whut

Great intro

It's an alternative history opening where Nappy succeeded in conquering Russia and has launched a naval invasion of the UK

try europa barborum mod, it adds lots more units while making it more historically accurate as a whole, bar the faction agents who don't get the upgrade sadly

MyM enemene ara maam, mym equqe ara noon.

InI theht shaahs ofo olilo treert, theht sas ItalatI couoc neven beeb conquqnoc.

InI theht laal ofo pharorahp anna kinik, theht sas EgygE couoc neven beb hummuh.

InI theht reaer ofo forerof ana snons, theht sas RussuR couoc neven beb tamat.

NoN, theht sas nothton. Theht feef mem, likil a forof ofo natan, a deed ini thunuth ana deaed.

I sas, I ama NapoopaN! I ama EmpeepmE!

BUUB ITI.

AuttuA!

>It still crashes for me,
Try the steam forums.

I play it without problem on windows 8.5. You have 10? Anyone else having your problems?

>bar the faction agents
Wtf is so ahistorical about general diplomats, assassins and spies?

Gods...I hate Russians. My grandfather hated them too, even before they put out his eyes. Did you think I'd be out here on the front without good reason? Yes, Moscow needs a strong border. No, Moscow doesn't need unwashed Russians at her gates! So, that's why I'm here, the leader of the Red Army: to bring Russian order to stinking Russians. Revenge? That'd be good too. This war against the Germans won't last long, and when it's done, I've got plans. This is all about power, power in Russia. Going down that road means dealing with all my rivals: Stalin, the Allies, those German Sausage eaters, the Eastern European countries and the communist party too. After all, the man who controls Russia rules the world...and one day, I will be Red Tsar.

Saw something similar to this written a long time ago, but never saved it. Anybody got the original?

I don't like EB apart from Egyptians though
Yeah windows 10, especially going into battles it crashes
Generals weren't constantly killed
Nope but bumping

Prostagma?

>Yeah windows 10, especially going into battles it crashes
Aw shit now i remember. Do you have amy mods installed at all? There was an update like 2 years ago on steam that ruined the fuck out of mods. Made the game crash. Easily fixable though just have to delete a file.

>Generals weren't constantly killed
An pontus never invaded Egypt but here we fucking are, eh?

The action is ahistorical the concept isn't.

>Generals weren't constantly killed

Assassins have a real crapshot success rate so its rare that it happens.

They become much more relevant in faction in-fighting when the roman civil wars start.

Beyooty and hahmony

Guhvaned by ahne etehnahl lahd

All that begeens, mahst end

The reign of thi ahld shogunate...ees OHVAH!

fuck me, hope EB2 adds more units down the line.

>I don't like EB apart from Egyptians though
reddit please go.

I remember that campaign
I marched into Austria
Held Silesia against the Prussians and Russians while I invaded Britain
Then I marched north, removed Berliner, and made the march east to Russia after waiting for winter to pass
After fighting the Russians along the frontier, it was a clear and easy march to Moscow by the end of summer

that's the line of all Barbarians if my memory serves me right.

Parthia's is still the best you fags

>a faction that fields an army of pajama men
>the best

lmao

>The action is ahistorical the concept isn't.
This, it shouldn't matter if every mechanic is historically accurate just that it's historically plausible. The fact that you're playing a game already means it will never be 100% historically accurate. To get that you wouldn't be able to play a game you would have to watch a documentary.

kek
100% agree
using the enemies terrible AI or to coral them into my 2 or 3 mercenary hoplite units was the crux of all my strategies

ALL OF ROME WILL BE AMAZED AT SUCH A VICTORY

THE DAY
IS
OUUURRRRRRS

just torrent it i can play it on my piece of shit laptop that can barley even run chrome.

This is actually one of those things I advise people to buy on steam as it tends to be better optimized for newer rigs.

But if you have an old laptop with Windows XP or Vista or something by all means torrent it and play the fuck out of it. Worth it.

are you kidding me
my microwave could probably run rome 1

Rome 2 > Rome 1

I unironically agree. Rome 1 is truly total war, every neighbor is an enemy with suicidal overconfidence that won't stop until you raze all their cities to the ground.

post-augustus patch rome 2 > rome 1 >>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>>> release rome 2

naaaah they still haven't released map tools.

with such a disgustingly tiny and empty Europe the main campaign will never feel good.

also still can't split or reinforce armies from afar due to limited generals, horseshit.

NEITOS!
BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!

MISTOPHOROI TOXOTAI KRETIKOI!

>delete a file
What's it called and do I have to delete it every time I play or every time it updates

>crapshoot
I was playing on medium and it was like 40% for me
The only game which I like being autistic about names is Fall of the Eagles. Been finding HIP really hard because what the fuck is an EireAll armies needing generals is an asspull, but ancient empires is fixing Europe by making permanently camped hordes

alexander the meme is a dog who took his balista for a walk. it then opened up the shitshow of a craphole trying to forever flood back into europe from the trails he marched.

why we dont have byzantium today is because of that !#@$%

Gold will buy a thousand pajamas.

And a thousand pajamas...that is the start of a slumber party!

Rest in peace, sweet prince.

Armored hoplites are op horseshit and Greek states are the most casual faction in the game.
>defend city
>enemy has full stack of their best troops
>you have 3 units of hoplites
>enemy loses its entire force
>you lose 12 men

I had no problem rekting them as based Scipii

Yeah because the ai is trash, I meant for the player.

I don't understand why modders insist on working on TW games. The old engine is limited as fuck, the new engine frankly sucks ass for historical melee combat.

I recently compared various TW games, and holy shit when you compare Rome 2 and Attila's unit behaviours (with and without mods) to Rome 1 (Europa Barbarorum) the difference is fucking astounding. It's almost tragic how much the new ones have regressed in some ways, I actually thought I was viewing it with nostalgia goggles before the comparison.

They should make their own games instead. Unity and Unreal 4 are easy as shit to use. Imagine a standalone EB, a game designed from the ground up to be both historically accurate and deep, with far more detail in how formations work and how units behave and interact. Shit would be cash as fuck, I don't care if it would lack the high-budget handsomeness of Attila.

Sorry but using pikes in R2/Attila is some of the most entertaining shit I've seen in video games.

>he doesn't play EB
>he hasn't experienced the change from a steppenigger to Pahlav Shahenshah.
baka desu senpai.

no it doesn't you cockmongler.
People hated on rome 2 because it had a terrible launch. All those fake mass memes are just that, memes.