Irish thread

What now, racists? We Wuz The Saviors Of Civilization. No need to thank me, and you're welcome for the potatoes.
amazon.com/How-Irish-Saved-Civilization-Irelands/dp/0385418493/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409839090&sr=8-1&keywords=how the irish saved civilization

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K_8tYLo9BbQ
youtu.be/yaS3vaNUYgs
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>be me, American of Irish descent
>honestly just want to have some kind of connection to any kind of culture and history other than this despicable wasteland called America.
>see threads like these on 4chins
>start telling people im German descent instead out of embarrassment.

We wuz not the savior of anything.

Fuck are you me I'm mostly Irish, Scottish, and Welsh and I wanna kill myself. At the very least I can still pretend because I have just a bit of german blood in me. At this point I can only really say I'm american. I just want this ride to end I think literally all other civilizations were better and more civilized. Fuck

smile gentlemen, we're all pretty much Franks anyways.

And yet Ireland outside the monasteries was poor as dirt and technologically backward for centuries.

I-I'm w-w-white.. right? I know I'm not anglo but sheep fuckers at least white right?

>tfw they actually did

The monasteries helped tons during the Middle Ages

>you're welcome for the potatoes
You should know potatoes came from America

I'm an American, and I'd like to post here today to inform you that you're too stupid to have read a book.

Godawful bait, OP.

We didn't save shit, more like we would have made it a lot easier to regain records if they got fucked elsewhere, which didn't come close enough to happening to matter.

Ireland will never be relevant in a big way. We're happy with our lot.

Hugh was a big dude.

For you.

What the blazes did you just bloody say anonymous friend? I will have you know that I have over 3300 confirmed reads at my local library....

I'm the same except Australian and I LARP as being of English descent.

doubt you're as annoying as that cunt

Give it up Plastic Paddy Brother. We are not Irish. We will never be. You can read wanky scholarship about the greatness of Ireland, and go to "Celtic" Festivals in your tartan land lol braveheart looking sword and quote James fucking Joyce all day and night and you still wont be Irish, and the Irish wont be the greatest people on this relatively minor planet around an ordinary star. Stop trying to find greatness and identity in a few molecules of DNA. Our ancestors came here because they stopped giving a fuck about all that. Lets stop with the Blue Face LARP before we infect the next generation with these delusions of heritage. We are Americans, we don't have any heritage.

where did I say I was Irish?

>We wuz

tfw anglo

TIL there's a monument in Mexico dedicated to an Irish Battalion of name Patrick

>tfw lost a fight to a bog next door

You lost a fight to a toilet?

Is that for the Irish soldiers who defected to Mexico during the Mexican-American war? I remember reading that the Irish troops didn't like the idea of fighting their fellow Catholics for their Protestant Anglo-American masters and so switched sides.

>can't have a single comfy Irish thread on any board without yanks/brits and their autistic screeching

yes thats it

your cities are founded by snowniggers you aint the savior of shit

i'm a northern european idort. i can say i'm anything.

>let snowniggers labour to build cities
>once they're finished, promptly kick them out
Lmao Vicucks on suicide watch

>implying

There are lots of Irish threads that are fine.

OP is either an anglo, an ulster loyalist or someone else who hates the irish (perhaps even a self-loathing paddy himself) who posted that book to bait everyone.

It works every time.

Irish threads are fine but the trouble with Ireland is it is very irrelevant but right next to and constantly involved with the anglos, arguably some of the most relevant people in history.

Ireland is interesting. Their ancient pagan beliefs and practices are very interesting. Their military is interesting and they have had some extremely excellent looking uniforms and soldiers throughout history.
They have always been capable fighters.
They produced some of the world's best rebels, and some extremely formidable statesmen considering the context of their reign.

You can have Ireland threads, naturally. Yesterday there was a very nice thread about Michael Collins.

It's when people imply that the Irish infuence of anything exists outside the british isles that the nonsense starts; beyond immigration, Ireland's legacy and history is almost entirely contained within Ireland.

>TIL there's a monument in Mexico dedicated to an Irish Battalion of name Patrick
>Is that for the Irish soldiers who defected to Mexico during the Mexican-American war? I remember reading that the Irish troops didn't like the idea of fighting their fellow Catholics for their Protestant Anglo-American masters and so switched sides.
>yes thats it

youtu.be/K_8tYLo9BbQ

it only proves that the irish are worse at civilization than a pack of barbaric snowniggers

kinda funny though that their offspring came back in 1169 and shat all over the irish for the next centuries to come

I left last night and this thread is still up so I suppose I'll respond. Yeah I'm actually Irish but I don't really care about that and I try to make fun of them so I can pretend I'm better. I'm really worse if you think about it cause I've done even less than they did.

did that inspire any anti catholic or anti Irish sentiment in the USA?

Stop being such cucks and actually research your history.

Irish have a rich history and one that is very interesting from the time of the Celtic lords to the viking invasions to Irish revolution.

I am not even Irish and I appreciate your culture and heritage. Read a book ffs.

I know that but I'm an amerifat and I don't know much about ireland and no one even seems to care. It's cool and all and I enjoy the music but other than that I don't know much. Maybe I should read a book or something about Ireland. Anything you recommend?

youtu.be/yaS3vaNUYgs

Watch the movie, 'The Wind that Shakes the Barley' for a start.

Something like the movie '71' is also good.

Old Irish history is hard to research because it's so ancient but there are plenty of folk stories readily available. Just Google Irish folk stories.

But even just the demenour of Ireland and the way they go about life is beautiful. Tolkein once stated that the shire was based on Irish/English villages.

This cute animated film helped me get into Irish mythology.

thanks. I'll try the animated one first because /co/4lyfe but I'll do some more research and shit. I remember one time there was a sniper contest between different countries agencies n shiet and I think Ireland won that.

Thanks, mate.

I'll have to check it out

If you're high test like me then Connor McGregor is also a pretty cool piece of Irish culture right now.

The videos I see of him online are pretty funny, flashgitz made one of him taking on the whole world and taking everyone's belts.

>it's another "everyone has to pretend an irrelevant culture was relevant because no one else did the obscure things they did" episode

Hey user, I really liked your post. .001 sheckels have been deposited into your bank account. For real though fuck off no one said we were relevant my op is clearly bait to have an Irish thread

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

The problem I have isn't that Im a cuck, its that no matter what, nobody will ever consider me Irish. My grandfather was Irish, my father was Canadian. I'm a U.S. Citizen. My family has very lively and deep role in Irish history. I want so badly to be part of that. But no matter what I am a plastic paddy. I went to a local "Celtic" festival and it was basically a renaissance festival, and I felt sick to my stomach. I don't want to be a LARPer druid amerifat muh heritage. I just want to be in the land that I feel like I belong. And it sure as hell isn't on this continent. Why did my grandfather leave? He wont say. My dad wont tell me why he moved to the middle of the fucking western U.S. To a dry desolate dusty desert. I just don't get it. I don't understand why the fuck I am in this place. I will never feel like this is my home. I refuse to accept this meme country with a cultural wasteland melting pot as home. I don't want to be melted I to a fucking pot with Africans and Puerto Ricans. I want to be what my ancestors were. I want to stand on the ground they stood on. I want to breath the air of those places. This country is toxic to the soul. I would give anything to go back but its all too late. My family would curse me my wife would have to leave her ancestor's land. (She's Native American). I don't care that Ireland wasn't the most important country in history. I don't care if it has problems and I don't care if I wasn't nor there. Migration is a mistake. Leaving the land of your blood is wrong. I curse this land. I curse my lost sense of feeling anything even remotely comfy and cultural. I curse my grandfather. I curse this history. I curse this board.

If this is a pasta ignore my response. If it isn't, I can only tell you that your grandfather probably hated Ireland for some reason. Not everyone's homeland treats them well.

You won't be a plastic paddy so you long as you actually take the time to read about Irish history, understand its culture, visit the place and most important feel a connection with it that isn't dictated solely by trying to impress other plastic paddies.

Assuming this isn't pasta, it's actually very sad, and you have my sympathy.

Blame the English, it is because of them that most of modern Irish have this massive "we'ren't just bunch of English rapebabies with potato fetish" complex that leads them to do stuff like this.

some people prioritize money and things over culture

>its that no matter what, nobody will ever consider me Irish.

Probably because you'ren't Irish my dear pastameister.

>Cares deeply about Irish heritage
>Native American wife

Pick one

>start telling people I'm German
That's good, cause your not really Irish

The coolest thing Ireland ever did was flip a middle finger to Imperialism and pule off a vietnam and repelling the world superpower.

Don't discredit that by buying into the imperialist conceptions of history, case in point, 'civilisation versus barbarism'

But he's not German either.

we waaws saaviors n sheeit, me lads.

Nice quads boyo.

Isolation was what did it. Just kicking back comfy in a quiet pastoral backwater while the rest of the world destroyed itself.

>3 days
>52 posts
Quality thread boys

>tfw op
>tfw bait thread is on a board so slow it doesn't even die while I'm asleep
>tfw potato niggers did at least one thing worthwhile

This is a thread meant for /pol/ youll get quite a few good reations form there.

nah it's a /his I came here to talk Irish shit but I know you guys think it's irrelevant /pol is half the user base here and they think they aren't white so I decided bait for Irish thread. Literally named Irish Thread. post Irish

D E L E T
E
L
E
T

now you know how black people feel

A majority of black people claiming to be close to African heritage do it to spite white people+culture as opposed to any real interest in Africa. I daresay they never want to go and live in their precious homeland because it's such a shit hole.

"wind that shakes the barley" is very heavy handed, even for Loach. Read the source material "On another man's wound", the best piece of literature to come out of the war

I just mean that sense of cultural isolation, lacking a sense of connection with your heritage and ancestors, etc.

I know this feel bro.

Yeah, and we crushed them.

What do I read/watch to start Michael Collins?

the good people of that continent wouldn't want them anyway