History of fascism

Is history repeating itself?

Is America becoming a fascist state?

What is American fascism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Benito_Mussolini
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean Upton Sinclair laid it all out back when it was actually happening. American fascism would have to be a mixture of Christian theology and patriotism or as Sinclair put it 'wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross'.

Is it happening now? No. Not really. America is an empire in decline, it's just going through a particularly bad period of feckless leaders, widespread corruption and a loss of identity. This is our 'Crisis of the Third Century'.

So, are people born in the 21st century just retarded, or what?

>fascism has to be this one thing that this one guy described this one time

>Implying the people to blame for this shit weren't born in the 20th century
>Implying this isn't the death throes of the Cold War mentality

Corporations control US policies through lobbying. Wouldn´t it be more accurate if it was corporatism rather than fascism?

If that guy is Mussolini, then yes.

you're right, people that came of age in the 21st century are retarded enough to ask questions like the OP, not simply those born in it, please excuse me.

Are you text only browsing right now? Read the fucking image.

This is almost as much of a retarded narrative as "liberals want to legalise pedophilia"

Are you seriously trying to excuse the stupidity of the people actually running society by shifting the focus of conversation to the fact that their children suck?

Fascist corporatism is different to neo-corporatism. Sorry about not being specific enough.

Yes, the Trump regime is literally the textbook definition of fascism.

I'm up to my eyeballs in their children sucking making the news.

Like Harvard law's university crest being forcibly retired by student activists last year because it's based on the family arms of a man who was the son of a Caribbean slave holder. I was reading about this today, and it's given me a sour taste on the newer generations. To see something like the OP just makes me roll my eyes.

Corporatism is not the same thing as Corpocracy

Corporatism is a symbiotic relationship between a government and big business wherein the Government lends authority to large businesses for control over various aspects of their industry.

Corpocracy is when corporations exercise undue influence in government policy by subverting & gaining disproportionate control of institutions (i.e. lobbying, regulatory capture)

>Travel Ban not approved
>Healthcare Plan not approved
>Freedom of Speech allowed

Facist. Ok.

Only if you make the definition so broad as to include any form of populism.

Alright, thank you for the correct definitions.

>>Freedom of Speech allowed
Who told you that.

>hurr durr organizations are allowed to condemn me for my speech deh freeeeedem is gawn

>What is American fascism?

Oh boo fucking hoo, go botch a suicide attempt.

>Is America becoming a fascist state?
lelno, Trump is literally a civic nationalist. Or at least seeks to project that image. He's a lot softer than retards on either side of the aisle think he is. Memeing about walls (which is just mediocre border patrol); shit travel bans that hit only a minority of muslim-majority countries and literally none of the serious offenders; ICE deportations that are pretty much in tune with those of the previous democrat administration; run of the mill interventionism (at least as far as we've seen - the recent assad bombing response was pretty much inevitable considering the gas attack and the NK memes are very much memes); ironically that military retribution against the Assad government is also guaranteed to put him at odds with Russia, and literally confirms the MUH RUSSHUNS narrative was just bullshit.

He isn't hitler. He is a retarded Bill Clinton.

>This is our 'Crisis of the Third Century'.
this

That's more your bag I'd expect.

Wow, those Harvard SJWs really got your goat, didn't they?

How is this not /pol/?

It is.

Exactly, this is called oppression.

How exactly is the government arresting for exercising your right to free speech? If you're talking about getting banned on twitter, those are privately owned platforms. They are not public spaces and they can set their own codes of conduct, regardless of how faggoty they are,

>People disagreeing with me and acting in accordance with beliefs that are not my own is oppression
Only the government has to respect your 1st amendment rights, you nigger. Slavery is oppression. Being told to fuck off is not.

When overwhelming majority "acting in accordance with beliefs" which happened to be enforced by government for decades, is rather different than being told to fuck off.

Oh no, the government is following the will of the majority! It's literally Hitler!

Or majority following the will of government?

Power may be trending toward federal centralization, and the gap between left and right is narrowing, but there hasn't been a single man who has universally won the entire population

You mean the law?

Ever heard of propaganda?

Yeah, I see it every day. I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be, though.

>the gap between left and right is narrowing

Boy, what? Politics have become more polarized.

That poster probably still thinks that neoliberals are the left.

how much brain gymnastic did they have to use to think Washington would be their guy?

Mussolini was a civic nationalist too m8

He never even said it, so...

>en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Benito_Mussolini