What is the saddest, most tragic downfall ever suffered by a single individual?

What is the saddest, most tragic downfall ever suffered by a single individual?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8
youtube.com/watch?v=6A-IoOEPbUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ASSAD IN A COUPLE WEEKS

The assassination of Julius Caesar.

it would only be tragic if his pretty wife and young children are not spared the furious evil of that conflict

Unironically Napoleon

T. High School student who just read Shakespeare
Caesar was a cunt

lolno

Hitler's (did nothing wrong) struggle against the world that vilified and didn't understand him is very tragic.

Cato Minor plz go.

Fuck off jew lover.

The demonization of the Serbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8

>What is the saddest, most tragic downfall ever suffered by a single individual?

That concubine Wu Zeitan killed. I can't recall her name, but reading about her made me feel a little nauseous.

Hannibal.

She blinded her, cut out her tongue, cut off her limbs and made her live in a pigsty. Iirc it made the son sink into quiet alcoholism. I'm perplexed at why the pigs didn't eat her.

Source I read said that she was made to live in a latrine, or maybe a cesspit.
Imagine going from being the favorite of the most powerful man on Earth to that.

>conquer the capital of the world
>die sieging some bulgarian castle next year

At least he lived every man's dream of sitting at the helm of the largest battleship of his time, waving a sword around at the enemy as if he can hit them from a mile away, as his fleet moved in for the kill.

Hitler

Homeless orphan war veteran becomes the most powerful man in europe via passionate speeches. Wages war on his people's ancient enemies. Loses and gets his legacy destroyed forever while giving jews an eternal "get out of jail free" card.

this
> “I can tell you that this city mastered the entire universe; She placed beneath her feet Pontus, Armenia, paphlagonia, The Amazonian lands, Cappadocia, Galatia, Media, Georgian Colchis, Bosphoros, Albania, Syria, Cilicia, Mesopotamia, Phoenicia, Palestine, Arabia, Judea, Bactria, Scythia, Macedonia, Thessaly, Hellas, Boeotia, Locris, Aetolia, Arcarnania, Achaea, the Peloponnese, Epirus, Illyria, Lykhnites, the Adriatic, Italy, Tuscany, the Celts, and Galatian Celts, Spain up to Cadiz, Libya, Mauritania, Ethiopia, Beledes, Scude, Numidia, Africa and Egypt.
Now he wants to enslave her and throw the yoke upon the Mistress of Citie, our holy churches, where the Holy Trinity was worshipped, where the Holy Ghost was glorified in hymns, where angels were heard praising in chant the deity of and the incarnation of God’s word, he wants to turn into shrines of his blasphemy, shrines of the mad and false Prophet, Mohammed, as well as into stables for his horses and camels.
“Consider then, my brother and comrades in arms, how the commemoration of our death, our memory, fame and freedom can be rendered eternal.”

toosoon

guy was cool

pic related is just a type of the saddest fall ever, the fall of the greatest and most beautiful of the angels turning himself into the devil.

Nigga I'm pretty sure that's Icarus. I mean, the wings are strapped on.

Napoleon

Erwin Rommel

Mussolini

>Icarus is the devil
it almost makes more sense than the old testament

The answer is obvious.

Basil "if you're a bulgar, you're not up to par" II
Basil "Bulgarians on the slack get the wrack" II
Unironically

I hope they're all put against the wall

This video is hilariously wrong on shit, saying there are protestants in Serbia in 1200 and that Serbia was the first European country to have forks.

Unironically Mosley

>Basil was a stocky man of less than average stature
Fucking manlets.

>Mosley
>downfall
downfall from what?

>"Having crushed the Bulgarians, Basil exerted his vengeance by cruelty - he was said to have captured 15,000 prisoners and blinded 99 of every 100 men, leaving one one-eyed man in each cohort to lead the rest back to their ruler. Samuel was physically struck down by the dreadful apparition of his blinded army and died two days later, after suffering a stroke"
Dirtbags had it coming

Nicholas II of Russia

Yeah, that's why I said "type".

Like Nero was a "type" of antichrist and Joseph of the many colored coat fame was a "type" of the messiah.

>Dirtbags
Rude and uncalled for.

i don't know how the hasmonean kingdom figures into this

Calm down Kaloyan

Czech'm

Qi was her name.
Turned him "human swine" and made to live in feces.

That's some Uziga Waita shit right there

History will show that our generation's greatest cultural loss was his secret quac recipe.

Commander Rockwell

your mom when she saw your ugly mug for the first time

Charles XII
>survive 17 years of war
>get killed by a button

He was assassinated

You have the power
You wear the crown
From the pinnacle
To the pit

It is a long way down

You wield the scepter
You wear the gown
From the pinnacle
To the pit

It is a long way down

In your empire
They stare and frown
From the pinnacle
To the pit

It is a long way down

You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
Blackened feathers falling down
You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
Blackened feathers falling down
You will wear your independence like a crown

youtube.com/watch?v=6A-IoOEPbUs

hot

Alexander the Great. Whether he was poisoned or fell ill, he died before he could undertake the business of truly unifying his conquests. That is very sad.

Everyone else is small-time.

He literally won in the end though

You win.

Being murdered isn't winning

He went out on top though.

Having your ideals instituted is though

If you think that a fish flopping around and air drowning counts as a "fall", then sure, Mosley had a downfall

No, he went out "on top." If you asked his ghost if he was satisfied with his accomplishments, compared to what he planned to do, he'd laugh in your face.

>mfw you will never see a modern Burgundian state

Benito Mussolini

>preach that might makes right
>get BTFO
>Waa y u so rude??!?!

pic related