Is it bad that I get my historical information from the civ five encyclopedia?

is it bad that I get my historical information from the civ five encyclopedia?

Civ V is the most patrician civ right? Any must have mods?

>not IV
disgusting

4 is only good for Fall From Heaven. The base game is dogshit.

>The base game is dogshit.
Not really, and there's plenty of other mods like Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, Rise of Mankind, Caveman 2 Cosmos, and Realism Invictus, which are many times larger than any Civ 5 mod could hope to be.

>Civ V
>most patrician
wow

wow you guys really like talking about civ...how many hours you got clocked in? Just reached 450 in civ 5

Nah m8

>Just 450
I believe I have around 3500, but back then I used to play offline most of the time.

and I thought I had no life...

It's easy to rack up hours if it's literally the only game you play. Hell, I hate 1500+ hours in CK2 and I work.

Have*

>patrician
Hardly. 1upt was a mistake.

That said, Vox Populi (I think it was) makes it pretty comfy. I liked the Communitas map as well - geenerated some aesthic shit nearly every time.

10/10
would settle again

D..do you like to imagine what the lives of your citizens are like?

Not exactly. Rather just the vistas and lay of the land.

I think about what a merchant travelling through my kingdom would see, the terrain, the cities, the general zeitgeist.

Industrial revolutions are comfy. The lands which you have been fighting over and struggling to tame for centuries suddenly beecome your playground. The world becomes smaller.

I found some old screenshots from I don't even know how long ago.

I like the way you think, son.

>start as England
>no proper access to bluwaters
Just fuck my shit up, game. Fighting a landwar against the first-ranked landpower as exactly what I had planned. But damn me if that isn't a peninsula worth fighting for.

pictured: said warring

Yes, though the /v/ meme goes that the wargame one-unit-per-tile mechanic is bad, because muh nostalgia.

Well, I've played tons of civ 5 and I love it to bits. But 1upt is sort of a bad mechanic in conjunction with the artificial difficulty of the AI opponents. That is, they get flat bonuses to everything and just end up spamming nearly endless amounts of units. You can have AI empires literally blanketed by units and at the same time not be at all threatening as they can only use a fraction of the units against you.

They should have tried to go for a middle group of a limited number of units per tile. Say plains can support two, forests and hills one, roads three, railroads four, forts eight etc. That would have channeled the AI units from a cover-every-tile to actual strategical positions and locations. Or something in those lines anyway.

Civ5 still bae tho and better than civ6.

also, this made me want to start a new game of civ5 in months. And what's this? Neat-o.

It should've been handled like Civ3's armies or Endless Legend's groups. You can stack X amount of units on a single tile equal to your military research. For example, in Civ3 you can have three units default or four if you have a war academy built, or in Endless Legend you get an additional unit to add to the stack every era.

>wow these people have a lot of hours in civ, i can't have th
>700 hours
God help me